FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Obligatory Drunk Post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obligatory Drunk Post
    Posted: 02 October 2011 at 9:52pm
Okay...Not exactly.
I started to last night, but mastering a post on the Android is tough enough, couple that with alcohol and a dying battery- I gave up and went back to drinking.

My brother in law got married Saturday out near the Finger Lakes region of NY. Being in the wedding party, I needed to be out there on Friday for the rehearsal stuff so I scored a day off from work for that, which was automatically making it into a good weekend.

Friday, after the rehearsal, a bunch of us stayed out and got the groom hammered. Being one of the DDs for that, I was able to have one of these:

But little else. At $10 a bottle, it was a great novelty drink, but that's it. It tasted entirely TOO much like banana bread for me to enjoy it very much.

Saturday though...was a different matter. I went into it knowing full well that this morning was going to be bad. I warned Mrs. Reb that I planned on taking a step or six outside the circle of responsible adulthood.

We left the church around 3:30 and that's when the drinking started.
From there, my beverage list includes (But is not limited to)

Champagne - at least three glasses that I can recall
3 Labatt Blues
2 White Russians with Vanilla Vodka
1 Vodka Martini-Dirty, Shaken, Not stirred (It was a necessity with the Bond-ish tuxedo styles)
3 Gin and Pineapple Juices
1 clear something with Gin - I told the bartender to 'surprise me' and I looked away
Jeagermister, Lemon drop, and Red-headed slut shots.*****

Allow me to explain the last line further before I get made fun of.
After the reception, one of the bridesmaids wanted to go KEEP going, so the wife and I, as well as one of the other groomsmen and his fiancee went to a bar. She supplied the shots, usually by surprise.

By the time I fell asleep on the floor of the house we stayed at, I made my peace with God. Then woke up this morning- convinced that there's no such thing as Kharma. Because where I usually get a hangover from taking cough medicine- this morning was nothing that a single cup of coffee couldn't remedy.

Anyway- the whole point of this post was to be that despite all the lunacy we've been caught up in the last month or so- we got out and were able to cut loose and just......relax for a while. If you can't work into your life, no matter HOW busy it is- a few times like this where you can lay aside all the bullcrap and make new friends and reconnect with old ones (with or without the aid of booze) you're in for an early grave, I'm certain of it.

I cannot wait to see some of the pictures that surface from people from yesterday. I know there's one shot of me taking a field sobriety test in a tuxedo which was being administered by a NYPD officer who was even more hammered than I was.

Oh: Protip.....
Wearing a tux to a bar in a college town...the dudes look at you funny, the girls look at you hungrily.

It was a hell of a weekend and I'm not looking forward to a work week now.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 02 October 2011 at 9:55pm

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 10:13pm
Do you miss college?
TheSpookyKids87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Heh-heh heh-heh - You said "post"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSpookyKids87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 10:24pm
I enjoy the banana bread beer, I get it a lot cheaper though in nj. They sell it in 6 packs here too.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 10:26pm
I can't drink beer at all, unfortunately. Bloats me like a balloon.

As I've stated here before, my drinking is incredibly limited as of late due to personal restraint, but I did allow myself a few drinks the other night from a bottle of Dewar's that was well over a decade old. I say a few drinks because I'm convinced that bottle has been open the better part of said decade, and therefore tasted like rotting couch dipped in nail polish remover.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 10:29pm
On Friday I ate a grilled cheese at 11:30am, and then at 9:00pm I started drinking a lot of beer and some shots. I remember getting the cab home and fighting the urge to barf twice, then passing out until I got to my apartment. I threw $10 at my friend in the cab and made it to my bathroom in time to finally purge a bit. I decided the tiles in my bathroom were nice and cold, so I slept there for a bit, then I guess at some point I got up, got container of juice and headed to my room for real sleep. I woke up in the AM with a juice container on my desk, a Wired magazine beside my pillow (somehow unmoved all night) and my blankets kicked off and on the floor beside my head.

I need to eat before I drink.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 10:56pm
Good to see you still have it in you.

I spent last night at the MP Regimental ball.  I had a fairly important role as one of the makers of the grog, so I decided to pregame with 4 or 5 beers from the conveniently located keggerator and a couple glasses of wine before my portion.  A few servings of grog later and I was  fried to the hat.  I'm usually not a drunk dialer/texter, but I was up until almost 5 this morning texting my ex and drinking as much water as I could.  Turns out that was a good idea because I felt pretty alright this morning.   
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 11:31pm
I have found that water is a terrible idea after drinking. Gatorade FTW.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 1:24am
Sounds like a good time!

On an unrelated note, how are there 25 people watching the forum right now?
BU Engineering 2012
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 3:34am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I have found that water is a terrible idea after drinking. Gatorade FTW.

Water after drinking might not be the best idea- but if you drink water between alcoholic drinks you'll do fine.

As for the 'missing college' question - eh. I don't necessarily miss the drinking scene there. It was fun at the time, but getting ossified in a houseful of people I don't know or care to know on cheap beer or some mystery concoction....not anything I long for now.

Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 9:11pm
Two of my coworkers were just talking about banana nut bread beer. I'm happy because I recently found a local distributor that sells Magic Hat #9.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 11:16pm
Thumbs up for Magic Hat.
BU Engineering 2012
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 11:32pm
Man... Only 3 more months till im 19.

Edit: Holy crap, im a Platinum Member now!

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 03 October 2011 at 11:34pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Man... Only 3 more months till im 19.Edit: Holy crap, im a Platinum Member now!

It's based on posts. I'm about to kick this thing into super chromium status.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Man... Only 3 more months till im 19.Edit: Holy crap, im a Platinum Member now!

It's based on posts. I'm about to kick this thing into super chromium status.

Dear God

(Edit to add) Oh hey, I'm close to 10k.

Edited by brihard - 04 October 2011 at 10:50pm
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 11:42pm
I saw a stripper that looked like Rihanna last night. We talked about her toenail polish.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 12:08am

I saw a stripper that looked like Rihanna last night. We talked about her toenail polish.

Thats cute. Did you guys rent a chick-flick and eat ice cream out of a bucket? Wink

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 05 October 2011 at 12:08am
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 7:25pm

Thats cute. Did you guys rent a chick-flick and eat ice cream out of a bucket? Wink

OR did you only see it because her feet were by your head? Wink
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

OR did you only see it because her feet were by your head? Wink

ANTI-JOKE!
Bravo2ZERO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo2ZERO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 4:38pm

Fail. Strippers are not for talking to.
Hammerheads: Search and Destroy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic