Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deer Hunting/Optics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 10:28am
Man, your definition of inexpensive is very different from mine.
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 11:47am
I did get one, I ended up picking up a cheap scope from my room mates brother for $50. It came with the rear cover mount etc. I have since taken it off and I am rocking the iron sights. Found out that everyone is right and you can't keep the scope zero'd in. 
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 12:21pm

Gotta get the rear sight replacement mount.

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 4:58pm
i got a few of the 6-24X50 scopes for $200correction $100 each a few months ago... that sounds like a good deal to me...

they have aimpoint sites for half the price of the name brand?

thats not inexpensive?

Edited by merc - 15 April 2012 at 5:43pm
saving the world, one warship at a time.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 5:39pm
I would consider that mid-range.  Inexpensive to me is $100 or less.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 5:41pm
found the reciept... they were 99.95 each, i thought they were 199... i think the original price was that or higher.

edit: after looking at vortex's other lines i can see why they arnt viewed as inexpensive... but the crossfire line isnt too bad...

Edited by merc - 15 April 2012 at 5:48pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 5:55pm
That's not bad then.  The $1900 razor 2 line is definitely not what I would call inexpensive.  
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 9:00pm
http://www.tech-sights.com/

Increase your sight radius and focus better
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 9:09pm
i need a set of those for my 10/22
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 9:42pm
I had a Williams installed before they were available for the 10/22, those  are much more handy. 
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 10:16pm
the williams or the tech sights are more handy?
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 11:01pm
For the Williams sight, I needed to tap and extra hole in the receiver, they may have specific 10/22 sights now. It of course required a taller front sight, and I went for a white bead. It's good for game, but not terribly precise. I used glow-in the dark paint on the front sight, and since when I remove the aperture I have a ghost-ring, I painted two white dots on it so I have night sights. I'd still rather go Tech sights since they have flip apertures, and are M-16 compatible. For Williams, you need to pay extra for click adjustments, but you can add nice globe front sights.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic