Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help :/

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rootbeer2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help :/
    Posted: 26 September 2011 at 9:18pm
Ok I might sound like a coward for this but, I'm not I promise! When i go behind a spool to take cover in woodsball I get afraid to look over the top or on the side because I dont wanna get shot in the throat. I've been shot before and it don't hurt at all I just don't wanna get hit in the neck. :/ Any advice? Confused
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 7:19am
Hi there.  Protecting yourself from injury isn't cowardice, you're just using your head.  My wife made a custom throat protector for me using a dense foam mouse pad, cut to fit and some material from the fabric store.  
Sent from a phone booth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 7:33am
Thanks! I might try that... 
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 3:44pm
i wore a neoprene (probably the same as a mouse pad) throat guard when i played. neck shots are awful. if i played now i would probably use one of the ski masks i get at work and wear it around my neck. just something to take the sting off.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
CHiKUN_PiMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN_PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 4:13pm
While this may not work for everyone, I used to be the same way... afraid that getting shot would hurt so bad as to ruin my day of paintball or cause serious injury.
I'd try, once or twice at least, just doing something you'd think would be a maneuver that'd get you shot but might actually do your team some good.
I noticed that once I had started doing ballsy maneuvers that the adrenaline of possibly pulling a sweet play greatly overshadowed any pain I'd perceive.
On a related note, wear a cup... no amount of adrenaline will tone down the pain of getting shot in the junk.
As long as you've got good safety equipment, you'll generally, in my experience, be able to work through any amount of pain you'll receive from getting shot.
And again, for Christ sake, wear a cup...
I don't wear one, but only because making poor decisions is my other hobby.

Edited by CHiKUN_PiMP - 27 September 2011 at 4:14pm
Ignorance is bliss, why aint you smilin?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 5:21pm
Haha ok

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by CHiKUN_PiMP CHiKUN_PiMP wrote:

On a related note, wear a cup... no amount of adrenaline will tone down the pain of getting shot in the junk.
As long as you've got good safety equipment, you'll generally, in my experience, be able to work through any amount of pain you'll receive from getting shot.
And again, for Christ sake, wear a cup...unless you are an internet troll who starts political arguments on a paintball forum and is incapable of recognizing superior logic and facts in which case your target area for hits of this nature is so miniscule as to completely negate the chance of such a hit and you may forgo a cup.
I don't wear one, but only because making poor decisions is my other hobby.

fixed.

On a more serious note . . . true story.

Opponent:  "Are you out."

Me:  "Dude . . . I'm laying in the middle of an area with my marker on the ground because I'm cradling my groin with both hands and whimpering; what do you think?"

Moral of the story:  Wear a cup.
vwtech2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vwtech2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 7:08pm
I took 22 shots to the chest in a matter of 10 seconds- hurt like an SOB. Even if something does hurt, get back out there and keep going
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 8:08am
There was a chick that played with us a few years ago.  Took one right in the throat.  Hit her adam's apple.  Swore like a truck driver.  Sounded like one too...
CHiKUN_PiMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN_PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

There was a chick that played with us a few years ago.  Took one right in the throat.  Hit her adam's apple.  Swore like a truck driver.  Sounded like one too...

I learned something just now!
Ignorance is bliss, why aint you smilin?
PartsTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PartsTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 2:48pm
At one time, there were goggles with neck protection built in.  A couple of suggestions.  Attach a heavy piece of cloth to your mask which drapes down like a curtain, protecting your neck.  It doesn't need much padding, just enough weight that it slows down the paintball.
There are also a Paintball neck protector
that works great.  The link is to one made by Nxe (which is now owned by Tippmann Sports!).

Edited by PartsTech - 29 September 2011 at 2:48pm
Ken
Tech at TippmannParts.com
Everything Tippmann is our Specialty
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2011 at 8:19am
Originally posted by PartsTech PartsTech wrote:

At one time, there were goggles with neck protection built in.
Vents Predator goggles.
3rd pic down.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 10:20am
I wear a shemagh wrapped arround my head and neck. it helps take the energy and force out the paintballs as they hit my neck. There are many tricks but a good neck protector can be found at your local Paintball Shop.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:58pm
Thanks
Mr.Sam98C View Drop Down
Wish Granted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Sam98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 7:05pm
I wear a bandanna around my throat, similar job as what EE does. 
In the broad spectrum of bad ideas I think this would have to rate somewhere between running with scissors and sticking your pecker in the toaster.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 5:38pm
But won't you get hot?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Rootbeer2468 Rootbeer2468 wrote:

But won't you get hot?

you're going to work up a sweat playing, some players take 550 cord or some other heavier cord and thred it through the bottom vent wholes on the face grill.  like this.
http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=176985&PN=18
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 6:58pm
Throat shots aren't the worst things out there. Even nut-shots aren't that bad compared to some of the crap that happened to me during my tech/sales days. Still, as many others have pointed out, there are a myriad of ways to protect-yo-neck in the game. I've only ever taken 1 shot to the throat, and it was a long-ball that didn't even break. I tend to hunch up when I'm playing which tends to do a pretty good job of keeping my neck covered either by the bottom of my mask, or by my arms/hands/marker out in front of me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Originally posted by Rootbeer2468 Rootbeer2468 wrote:

But won't you get hot?
you're going to work up a sweat playing, some players take 550 cord or some other heavier cord and thred it through the bottom vent wholes on the face grill.  like this.http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=176985&PN=18

Hmm good idea!
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 7:15pm
^^^that guy is one of our Forumers, oldpbnoob.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic