Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help :/

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rootbeer2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Originally posted by Rootbeer2468 Rootbeer2468 wrote:

But won't you get hot?
you're going to work up a sweat playing, some players take 550 cord or some other heavier cord and thred it through the bottom vent wholes on the face grill.  like this.http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=176985&PN=18

Hmm good idea!
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 8:05am
^^^ If you are referring to my mask, those are actually strips of brown, green, and black cloth that I cut into strips. I then drilled a series of holes in the bottom lip of the mask, threaded the cloth strips through the holes and knotted them on the back to keep them from coming out. After a year of use, I have still not taken a neck shot that has produced any sort of welt or mark. The cloth strips won't totally stop the paintball, but seem to dramatically slow it down so that it doesn't leave a mark.

On a side note, the strips keep some of the heat in so I also use a set of Fanz mask fans with a battery pack to keep from fogging up. You can find the fan kits on ebay. Just search for "fanz". Go with the dual fan kit, better safe than foggy.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 04 October 2011 at 8:08am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 8:28am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

^^^ If you are referring to my mask, those are actually strips of brown, green, and black cloth that I cut into strips. I then drilled a series of holes in the bottom lip of the mask, threaded the cloth strips through the holes and knotted them on the back to keep them from coming out. After a year of use, I have still not taken a neck shot that has produced any sort of welt or mark. The cloth strips won't totally stop the paintball, but seem to dramatically slow it down so that it doesn't leave a mark.

On a side note, the strips keep some of the heat in so I also use a set of Fanz mask fans with a battery pack to keep from fogging up. You can find the fan kits on ebay. Just search for "fanz". Go with the dual fan kit, better safe than foggy.
So like  from old shirts and stuff?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 8:33am
^^^ Yes. Just make sure you cut them into thin enough strips that they will fit through the holes you drill, but not so thin that they don't do any good in helping deflect/slow down shots. I think I cut them about 1/2 inch wide or so.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 5:22pm
Ok I will do that! Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic