Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Herman Cain is my front runner... What about you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

The report does state it was the fault of the whole government, including the administration. I'm not trying to take away the blame from the other branches of government at all. I'm just saying the report does say that.

Oh, no doubt. 

The executive branch was named just as the legislative was. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 12:47pm
Cain's gain!

This guy will DELIVER!

What do you guys think about his 999 tax plan?
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 3:16pm
Found this today: 

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 3:32pm
who is herman cain?
Sent from a phone booth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 3:52pm
according to MSNBC, he is some anti civil rights, draft dodger, who is running for the GOP nomination...

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 4:24pm
Wheres Romney?
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 7:16pm

Wheres Romney?

Being spit on my the uber right wing elements of the GOP and ignored by the media.

Unfortunately, Romney has no gimmick, so the media isn't interested in him, and he's far too "liberal" for the tea party's taste.

If I sound bitter, I am Wink.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 10:46am
"They were behind putting Planned Parenthoods on every poor neighborhood's corner for the purpose of genocide against people of color."

I loled at the comments
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 11:11am

Wheres Romney?

I think the idea of the chart was to track the quick rise and fall of those other than Romney. 

All of those candidates have been proposed as a Romney alternative. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 1:12pm
Romney is clearly the "progressive" candidate, promoted by the establishment republicans, and the media as the only suitable choice...

And yet, Cain keeps rising. As he is leading in countless polls, and yesterday was on Meet the Press, and knocked it out of the park.

He may not have the money, or the press, but he has the tea party support, and plan to get rid of the burdensome tax code that rewards friends and penalizes enemies, and make it all the same for everyone. So that GE will actually PAY taxes instead of being a friend to the current administration and paying NOTHING.

And Cain's theme song is incredible!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:13am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Romney is clearly the "progressive" candidate, promoted by the establishment republicans, and the media as the only suitable choice...

Numbers time: 

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:52am
I would vote for Michael Palin. Unfortunately he's not a US citizen.
BU Engineering 2012
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 5:36am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

He may not have the money, or the press, but he has the tea party support

Which is why no reasonable person will ever vote for him, and he will be beaten out by Romney in the primaries.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 7:52am
I really hope Romney wins.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 8:36am
So Cain was at an event and the geni went out, so what did he do?

You guys may think he has no chance, but I'm telling you, Americans are SICK of "politicians" and Romney is the Ken Barbie of politicians... He looks, sounds and acts like a "candidate", but people can't connect with him because of that. He has been running for president for 6 years.

Cain on the other hand wants to SOLVE problems. And right now, in our country we need a problem solver...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 10:47am
msnbc points out just how biased the media is...

In their own words.

Yup, I have to agree... (although I'm sure Whale wouldn't see this as media bias)
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:10pm
How exactly is he going to solve problems by trying to completely overhaul the countries tax code twice? Especially when the first overhaul will raise taxes on the poor and middle class while the second overhaul will then lower them?

It makes no sense.

But 9/9/9 sounds cool as a name I guess.

Edited by mbro - 19 October 2011 at 12:45pm

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:46pm
I don't know all the answers to his plan, but from what I have read/heard he will take away ALL the current taxes.

All of them.

SS included, as well as FICA. Those are taxes that are essentially "hidden" from the public as they don't even consider them as they get taken out of their check/employers pocket.

So that will be replaced with a flat 9 percent income tax. Which is easy, and doesn't have all the "special" rights built into the current tax code, where some people pay more, and others pay less. It would be a fair system.

Then you would have a 9 percent sales tax on everything. So if you buy used (thrift store, or online) you would pay NO tax on the things you purchase, which would make people less likely to throw things out as the second hand market would increase dramatically.

Plus, currently everything we buy has taxes taken out in EVERY process of production, if you saw the actual cost of a gallon of gas vs the cost based on all the taxes at every step of the way, you would be shocked. All of that would be taxed ONCE. Which would logically lower the cost for ALL products significantly.

This is a point that the media/republicans/democrats don't want you to pay attention to... They make TONS of money off of all these hidden taxes. And WE pay those taxes every time we buy something. So now those cost to make a product would go way down, and then the free enterprise system would kick in... Companies would want more market share, and would lower prices, because their profit was now much higher since they didn't have all those hidden taxes included in the price of their product.

THAT is where you would see a significant difference in our current system, and THAT is what everyone ignores. The loaf of bread is a good example. The farmer buys the seed, fertilizer, and other chemicals and pays taxes ON EVERY PURCHASE, then he sells the wheat which is taxed again, then the company makes it into flour, which is taxed again, then the flour is purchased by a distributer... taxed again, then the company that makes the bread buys the flour and makes the bread... taxed again, then the supermarket buys the bread from the manufacturer, and you buy the bread and guess what... YOU pay tax again...

All those taxes would go away, and you would have ONE 9 percent tax.

That is the story that the media and political elites hope you don't pay attention too... They have been gaming the system for years and we all pay the difference. Of course they don't want to limit their income!

No more hiring tax professionals to help you "hide" your tax costs by manipulating the system, no more GE paying ZERO taxes. No more rewarding your "friends" while penalizing your enemies. And this stops the government from hurting businesses they don't like while rewarding business they do like...

So of course the media and politicians hate this plan!

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 19 October 2011 at 12:48pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:55pm

I think there is a problem with your bread example due to the fact that most of those entities would be purchasing goods as part of a production process or for resale and therefore do not pay taxes on those items.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 19 October 2011 at 1:08pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 1:00pm
I hate the plan because it makes no sense.

Why would you implement an entire overhaul of the tax code and then overhaul it again to move to a 30% national sales tax? You did see phase two of his tax plan on his website right? It makes no sense other than the fact that the fair tax isn't politically popular.

Originally posted by National Review National Review wrote:

This tripartite scheme makes for a succinct slogan but has little else to recommend it. In particular Cain’s inability to choose between a sales tax and a VAT is puzzling. The two are very similar in their economic effects. The chief advantage of the sales tax over a VAT is that the latter is considered easier for governments to raise, because it is hidden. The chief advantage of the VAT over the sales tax is that it is easier to enforce without stimulating black markets. (Another is that it reduces the risk of taxing business-to-business purchases.) Opting for both as a transitional step means courting the danger of a VAT with none of its rewards: In the first stage, the government would get a new money machine, and in the second it would supposedly destroy that machine and opt for something hard to enforce.

The two-stage scheme is self-defeating in another respect as well. The 30 percent national sales tax, whatever its other merits, would be significantly softer on the poor than the 9-9-9 transitional step, since the larger sales tax includes a “prebate” check to all Americans to exempt the basic necessities of life from being taxed, while 9-9-9 includes no similar provision. Leaving aside whether a major tax increase on people at the bottom of the income scale is a good idea, what is the point of first raising their taxes and then cutting them?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic