Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howdy Everybody

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matlock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howdy Everybody
    Posted: 19 September 2011 at 3:23pm
Hello Tippmann fanatics! 

I am interested in getting into the competitive side of Paintballing. Most of it's still new to me, but am reading up on some of the Threads and around the Net. Looks very fun indeed. I like the fact of having a close nit group of buddies playing a game of Tactics. 

I attempted to use the Contact section on the Tippmann main site, but all I got was a Return to Sender. So I'll ask what I did on there, here. 

I'm looking at the US Army style of Markers for my first choice of gun.

Is the US Army E-Grip compatible with the Project Salvo, wasn't sure from the description?

I really like how the TPX Pistol has the ability to use a Remote Line; Is the Project Salvo also compatible with a Remote Line? This would allow for greater range of motion and maneuverability while in action.

Does Tippmann offer a paper catalog rather than an online catalog? If so, how can I order one?

Thanks for reading. Everyone have a good game!!
Mike Gallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Matlock Matlock wrote:

Hello Tippmann fanatics! 

I am interested in getting into the competitive side of Paintballing. Most of it's still new to me, but am reading up on some of the Threads and around the Net. Looks very fun indeed. I like the fact of having a close nit group of buddies playing a game of Tactics. 

I attempted to use the Contact section on the Tippmann main site, but all I got was a Return to Sender. So I'll ask what I did on there, here. 

I'm looking at the US Army style of Markers for my first choice of gun.

Is the US Army E-Grip compatible with the Project Salvo, wasn't sure from the description?

I really like how the TPX Pistol has the ability to use a Remote Line; Is the Project Salvo also compatible with a Remote Line? This would allow for greater range of motion and maneuverability while in action.

Does Tippmann offer a paper catalog rather than an online catalog? If so, how can I order one?

Thanks for reading. Everyone have a good game!!

Hi Matlock,

Welcome aboard.

I have the Project Salvo marker. You can use either the E grip or the response trigger. I plan on upgrading to the response trigger rather than the E grip. Keep in mind, if you get either the E grip or the response trigger, you will need to upgrade to a cyclone hopper to keep up with the trigger.

You can use a  remote coil for this marker, I would suggest getting a compressed air tank instead of a CO2 tank. The marker will shoot more consistently in the hot and cold.

Good luck, let us know how you do.

Matlock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:17pm
Thanks!

I was looking at the Cyclone prior to posting; it looks promising.

How well is the E-Grip as far as reliability? Since it's part electric.

With the Compressed Air and Co2, are they close in cost? (This won't sway my choice) Also, do most fields have both Fill Stations for the different types of tanks?

I read on Mack's Paintball 101 Post (good read) about Sights. Now about how well Red Dot and Reflex Sights work? I am considering having two small sights; one for mid and the other for long ranged fire, respectively. 

Thanks again. As soon as my wife lets me get what I need.. I am looking forward to getting into the, dare-i-say, Sport? Maybe it'll be added to the Olympics. Who knows. 
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:44pm
I would stay away from red dots and reflex sights. They are designed for bullets, not paint balls.  And if they get a solid hit chances are they may break apart.  

Edited by Ceesman762 - 20 September 2011 at 4:44pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Mike Gallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Matlock Matlock wrote:

Thanks!

I was looking at the Cyclone prior to posting; it looks promising.

How well is the E-Grip as far as reliability? Since it's part electric.

With the Compressed Air and Co2, are they close in cost? (This won't sway my choice) Also, do most fields have both Fill Stations for the different types of tanks?

I read on Mack's Paintball 101 Post (good read) about Sights. Now about how well Red Dot and Reflex Sights work? I am considering having two small sights; one for mid and the other for long ranged fire, respectively. 

Thanks again. As soon as my wife lets me get what I need.. I am looking forward to getting into the, dare-i-say, Sport? Maybe it'll be added to the Olympics. Who knows. 

I can not give yo u an accurate assessment on the reliability of the E-grip, I do not have one.
Compressed air costs significantly more. Probably about $140-$150 for a 4500 tank. Most fields can accommodate both, but would prefer the compressed air.

I have never considered a sight, so I cannot give you an answer.

Mr.Sam98C View Drop Down
Wish Granted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Sam98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 11:44pm
You can get decent compressed air tanks for much under $140. You'd pay that for a fancy carbon fibre one, and if that's what you want, so be it. But you can pick up steel ones for around $60 new. The fillup for compressed air is generally in my experience cheaper than co2.
The HPA (high pressure air) tanks do cost more, but i think they last a little longer before needing to be hydro tested, but i'm not entirely certain.
I personally run a HPA tank, but I keep several co2 tanks as backup or loaners.
In the broad spectrum of bad ideas I think this would have to rate somewhere between running with scissors and sticking your pecker in the toaster.
Matlock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 1:22pm
Ceesman762: Excellent point.

Milke Gallo: Awesome. Nice Price.

Mr.Sam98C: Do fields charge to fill tanks, or is it usually included in your price to play?
Granite Gargoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granite Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 9:07pm
Deends on the field Matlock. Some include it in the rental fee. If you take your own marker they may charge you a set fee to refill for the day or you can pay per fill. The field I play on offers those options I mentioned.
gamegeek56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gamegeek56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 7:26pm
i am new to the paintball game and got a tipp 98  for my birthday..  i got the bundle and it had the 9 oz tank with it.  i need to know what to do to fill the tanks with comp air.  any special fittings i need or gauges or a valve setup to use a tire chuck from the compressor.  any help would be appreciatedTongue
tippmann98custplat
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 7:36pm
You can't use a shop compressor to fill an HPA tank. Your 9oz tank was meant to hold CO2, not HPA. To use compair/HPA you will heed an HPA tank.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic