FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fires, fires all around

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fires, fires all around
    Posted: 06 September 2011 at 1:45am
Yeah, there's lots of fire around covering a reported 32,000 acres already.

Sucks.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 2:06am
My friend was telling me you can see the smoke at campus, it sounds awful. 
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 6:58am

http://www.weathermodification.com/

Man that situation really stinks but I don't understand why they just don't make it rain over the fires.  

Edited by Lightningbolt - 06 September 2011 at 6:58am
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 10:41pm
You close to Bastrop?
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 11:11pm
I live just north of UT's campus. 
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 11:27pm
A bunch of firefighters from here are headed down there to help. A few EMS agencies are sending trucks for rehab, too.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 5:44pm
I dunno about you guys, but I'm starting to think about what BBQ sauce to use with Mesquite-smoked Gatyr....
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 8:29pm
I flew out of DFW to Little Rock yesterday, I watched the fires blot out the ground and the blanket of smoke stretched for miles.  I tried to get a pic with my cell, did not come out as I had hoped. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

I flew out of DFW to Little Rock yesterday, I watched the fires blot out the ground and the blanket of smoke stretched for miles.  I tried to get a pic with my cell, did not come out as I had hoped. 
You were here in DFW and didn't try to do a meet-up?!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 10:02pm

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I dunno about you guys, but I'm starting to think about what BBQ sauce to use with Mesquite-smoked Gatyr....

Carolina red sauce mon

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 1:48am

Not to go all vegetarian on you crackers, but I'm pretty sure by now my muscles have their own cell walls. I'd be better served as a side dish.

Strato, on the other hand...there's good, manly eatin'.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

You were here in DFW and didn't try to do a meet-up?!

I was there for a one hour lay over. Sorry.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Not to go all vegetarian on you crackers, but I'm pretty sure by now my muscles have their own cell walls. I'd be better served as a side dish.

I'd be best served with some Stubb's and a dash of Tabasco. Hopefully I'll be medium rare, I'd hate to eat me burnt Wink

I'm curious to see how this affects Perry's run. Inevitably there will be those who feel he should leave the campaign trail as long as the fires are going, and though the higher learned of us know that the Texas governor is nigh on useless as far as political power goes, that's the running sentiment among the average joe. I'm already seeing FB posts of WHERES PERRY OMG OMG.

I'm not going to argue, though. I'd love nothing more than to see his campaign sunk and watch Romney shoot to the top.

*edit* Just to add, that childhood home I was going all emo over a couple weeks ago? Right in line of the fires in Whitney. Looks like my parents lucked out moving up here.

Edited by stratoaxe - 08 September 2011 at 6:14pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

I'd be best served with some Stubb's and a dash of Tabasco. Hopefully I'll be medium rare, I'd hate to eat me burnt Wink

I'm curious to see how this affects Perry's run. Inevitably there will be those who feel he should leave the campaign trail as long as the fires are going, and though the higher learned of us know that the Texas governor is nigh on useless as far as political power goes, that's the running sentiment among the average joe. I'm already seeing FB posts of WHERES PERRY OMG OMG.

How anyone can root for any politician is truely beyond me

I'm not going to argue, though. I'd love nothing more than to see his campaign sunk and watch Romney shoot to the top.

*edit* Just to add, that childhood home I was going all emo over a couple weeks ago? Right in line of the fires in Whitney. Looks like my parents lucked out moving up here.
CHiKUN_PiMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN_PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 10:49pm
Stubbs' sauce is sooooo overrated. They're good, but I'm getting sick of Texas BBQ sauce being stereotypically over peppered and hot. I stick with Carolina style sauce, and being that my diet mainly consists of rice and beans with BBQ sauce(hurray for poverty!) I tend to think I knows a thing or so.
On that note I'm poor because I generally make bad decisions... so... what I said may not hold much water. Hohoho
Ignorance is bliss, why aint you smilin?
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 2:09am
I tend to prefer Texas sauce to different regions for its bite, not a fan of the sweeter stuff. That said, nothing tops a good in house sauce. Austin has some fantastic BBQ joints, the best being a little trailer on your way out of town.

/food rant ;)
CHiKUN_PiMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN_PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 8:36pm
Spill the beans on the trailer man! I used to swear by County Line, but last time I went to the lake location it seems they watered down their sauce to were it tastes too tomatoey.
Oh yeah... the fires suck, btw.
Ignorance is bliss, why aint you smilin?
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 8:50pm
I had to look it up, it's Franklin's BBQ.

900 E 11th St
Austin, TX 78702
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic