FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Contagion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contagion
    Posted: 25 August 2011 at 11:01pm
Hows about it eh?

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 25 August 2011 at 11:11pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 11:07pm
A few points-

A:) This looks like a play on Outbreak, which was a halfwit copy of an amazing book by Richard Preston called the Hot Zone, which was a fictional account of ebola. If you haven't read that book, I recommend doing so. Much more terrifying than any fictional movie, and basically a rewrite of actual events (unlike Outbreak).

B:) We're over bird flu, the correct movie would have been "Aflockalypse".

C:) The plot of this movie as the trailer describes it is a germ phobe's nightmare come true. Expect the sales of Purell to triple.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 11:29pm
If they don't make some reference in that movie to the entire country of Madagascar shutting down I will be so upset. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 1:09am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

If they don't make some reference in that movie to the entire country of Madagascar shutting down I will be so upset. 

This
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 9:25am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Dekker reference?

My wife read a book in the mid 90's that I beleive this movie is based on.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 9:41am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Dekker reference?

There was a Flash clicky-game called "Pandemic" a while back, where the goal was to create and deploy a virus with the intention of killing everyone in the world. You controlled things like half-life, growth, dormancy, etc. 

It was easy though. 

So they made "Pandemic 2." The problem was that for some reason, in the game, as soon as you'd start to drop the virus somewhere, then entire country of Madagascar would shut down. All airports, sea ports, etc., would shut down, quarantining them off from everyone. It made the end goal of killing everyone impossible because you'd end up with everyone in Madagascar still alive and well. 

Thus, the comic: 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 9:46am
Ahh,  in the Dekker Circle Trilogy, part of the storyline revolves around a virus that is meant to kill the world.  IIRC there is a part where some people in Madagascar get infected with a virus and shut down the country. Wonder if it is a reference to that?
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 11:43am
You could get everyone. I did it a couple of times. But those trigger happy people in Madagscar did prevent it wiping everyone out often.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic