FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Summer is fading.......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summer is fading.......
    Posted: 20 August 2011 at 1:20am
Only about 10-15 left on this ride. Was working in the yard today, and had my sirius radio going. Just reflecting as Anna (step-daughter) started school, the city pools closed last Sunday, and the house is now quiet as Momma is working and Anna is back to school.

As I was working a song from a long time ago played and the memories of summers long past filled my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvUQcnfwUUM&feature=related

And to add to the memories right after that was this summer classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaLg0ohodRU

There are nights I just sit on the porch with my radio going with Classic Vinyl the songs of my youth going. Occasionally a song comes on and I reflect on loves lost, the ex-wives and where they are now, my first wife my high school sweetheart is not doing well, we were born a day apart, our mothers shared the hospital room on our births, we went to high school together, we graduated, I went into the Army and we married before I left for that year. We divorced in 1977, the kids stayed with her, and I moved on with my career. When my mom was in the assisted care home in Kingston, NY in 09, Linda, the ex took the time and came up to review the facility since she worked in a simular facility in Tenn. We talked for awhile, we took a ride on my Harley downtown to Kingston and had dinner, and we just laughed about all the old times. We have grown considerably since 77, and a lot has happened since then.
The comment that really stuck and still does was when she said as I dropped her off at her car was, maybe we should have tried harder, no matter how long it has been, take my word for it you allways remmember your first.

Music has been my escape for all these years, whether listening to the radio or at a concert, or playing with sons band, there are certian songs that just bring back memories and the occasion tear from this 'oldsoldier'. And now that Danny and Clarence are gone, I will always regret not going to one of the Springsteen Shows of the last tour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vC3FHlpV3I
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 1:26am
I love music. When I was a kid I slept on the porch of my parents place in an old military cot with a radio blaring oldies music just listening to the woods and staring at the stars. It kind of carried on, and now my favorite part about going downtown with friends is coming home around midnight or one, friends passed out since im sober and DD always, listening to some relaxing music and watching the city go by. It's moments like that where I'm fully relaxed and happy.

On a related note, Micheal Mann is a genius at mixing music and late night drives in the city. Watch Heat or Collateral and you can just let yourself go in the mood of the audio visuals.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 2:56am
Jumping on the "lets make OS feel old bandwagon, I was born in 77.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 3:06am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Jumping on the "lets make OS feel old bandwagon, I was born in 77.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 5:01am
86...Choop is younger than me??
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 6:51am
67.  I need a song that urgently ushers in winterBig smile  
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 12:15pm
I don't think my parents even knew each other in 1977.  I was born in 88
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 3:02pm

I was born in 1991. Go me.

Anyway, I feel I am in the same boat as the rest of you, albeit I am younger. When I was in middle school and high school a bunch of friends(or, just the girl I dated through highschool) and I would always hang out at this secluded park at night and sit on the dugout roofs and hang out. Although most of the time, I would just stare at the stars. With the small amount of light pollution it was nice.

OS, not to rub it in your face, I saw Bruce live in the old Giants Stadium either 7/26/08 or 7/28/08. I remember the date because I have a t shirt that reads on the back:

BRUCE
E STREET
7.26/27/28

and the 27th is my brithday, and I didnt see him on my birthday. It twas a great concert.

As for the whole "summer nights" expierence that everyone talks about... it is one reason why I would love to move out to the country. Suburbia is alright, but...

Edit: I also love the Mungo Jerry song.

Edited by SSOK - 20 August 2011 at 3:04pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 6:44pm
Wow, I thought Kayback was way older than me, but it turns out he's only got two years on me. '79
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 7:09pm
88. Been alive in 4 different decades. Grr.

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 7:37pm
1992. go me -_-
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 12:08am
1991 for this guy!
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 12:43am
rockin' the '93!
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 12:48am
Oldest Daughter born 1974, and I got boots older than most of you...LoL
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 1:03am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Oldest Daughter born 1974, and I got boots older than most of you...LoL

What on earth boots are you buying? Because I have been trouble with most of my boots that i've bought recently. Specifically Justin and there terrible customer service.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 1:29am
83. Part of me wishes I was born in 79 just because of the Smashing Pumpkins song
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 10:42am

'89

since we're doing that.

The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic