FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So, the internet is bad.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

It is a good deal, but I have a feeling WebOS is going to be vaporware soon. Which means a complete lack of applications for it. But it you just surf the interwebs on your couch, it is perfect.

Just because HP will no longer develop for it doesn't mean that nobody else will. I've got a bunch of friends in the programming world and they're still working on apps for it. A buddy of mine's company just launched two this week.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 2:35am

It is a good deal, but I have a feeling WebOS is going to be vaporware soon. Which means a complete lack of applications for it. But it you just surf the interwebs on your couch, it is perfect.

They have states that it is the hardware that is being discontinued. WebOS is/ will still be supported by HP and they are in the process of licensing it to other manufacturers. On top of that, there is a project underway to port android for it.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 9:57am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

They have states that it is the hardware that is being discontinued. WebOS is/ will still be supported by HP and they are in the process of licensing it to other manufacturers. On top of that, there is a project underway to port android for it.

Yep, and there is likely to be an Android port at some point.

I figure for $150, it's hard to go wrong, and if it doesn't work out the loss won't be very significant.
BU Engineering 2012
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

It is a good deal, but I have a feeling
WebOS is going to be vaporware soon. Which means a complete lack of
applications for it. But it you just surf the interwebs on your couch,
it is perfect.

They have states that it is the hardware that is being discontinued.
WebOS is/ will still be supported by HP and they are in the process of
licensing it to other manufacturers. On top of that, there is a
project underway to port android for it.
Yep, and there is likely to be an Android port at some point.I figure for $150, it's hard to go wrong, and if it doesn't work out the loss won't be very significant.

$100, and they're already working on it. They have an official site, but it's empty currently:
TouchDroid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic