FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Debt issue...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Donald Blake Donald Blake wrote:

I am not aware that the US has appropriated any national resources from Iraq.  If that was a resource-motivated invasion, it was the worst such invasion in history.  As far as I can tell, the second invasion of Iraq has resulted in a significant amount of US funds being expended to build Iraqi infrastructure (after first blowing it up).

As the saying goes, you're doing it wrong.

Tell that to the Average American person, because thats what everyone thinks.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

I am not aware that the US has appropriated any national resources from Iraq.  If that was a resource-motivated invasion, it was the worst such invasion in history.  As far as I can tell, the second invasion of Iraq has resulted in a significant amount of US funds being expended to build Iraqi infrastructure (after first blowing it up).

I don't hear much talk of that kind of thing much, with the exception being from the rather far-left. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I don't hear much talk of that kind of thing much, with the exception being from the rather far-left. 

That might even be a little generous Whale.

I haven't heard the oil thing brought up in some time. I'd say that the same amount of people probably believe that Obama is a marxist Muslim.

In fact, most talking heads were discrediting that theory when the invasion was first going on. As one of them said, "If oil goes down in price dramatically, you'll know they were right." That might be oversimplifying the matter, but certainly this war has caused a ton of problems for a ton of people, and that's not even accounting for the extreme sap on economics it's provided us. Really, I'd be willing to bet that quite a few in Washington would love to pretend those wars never existed.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I haven't heard the oil thing brought up in some time.

I heard it a little bit when the Libya involvement began. 

Granted, the only people who I heard actually talk about it were people who also tend to think that Obama is a conservative conspiracy sent from the Republicans to act as a Manchurian liberal. 

Well, and Impulse. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 2:44am
I don't think acquisition of physical oil, was the motivator.

But Saddam and Gaddafi wanting to drop the USD for the trade of oil, sparked the invasions. The only reason gas is not $10 a gallon, is because the USD is used.

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 8:23am
I think you have a very flawed view of how currency exchange works, sir.

Also, it's probably closer to $10 a gallon (without subsidies) than you think.
BU Engineering 2012
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 4:02am
I like that spambot. It's like a parody of all other spambots.

I also think it's a forumer. ;)
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 1:53pm
I like how it posted in a topic about debt, to sell stuff.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I like how it posted in a topic about debt, to sell stuff.

KBK
It's trying to save you money so you don't go into debt.....
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 2:35pm
It actually wants to teach us Chinese so we can communicate with our new leaders after they've foreclosed on our nation.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 4:57pm

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

It actually wants to teach us Chinese so we can communicate with our new leaders after they've foreclosed on our nation.

A+ for eyes wide open.  

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

A+ for eyes wide open.  

?

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 6:02pm

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

A+ for eyes wide open.  

?

That sounds an awful lot like Seether.

I accentuate the awful.

Staind is one of those bands that I can listen to on a limited basis, and at that a limited number of songs. Same goes for Seether, Theory of a Dead Man, and all other post grunge alt rock groups. I'm not sure they ever outgrew It's Been A While in terms of songwriting.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 7:12pm
Well it's been a while...

since I considered listening to Staind. What a terrible band.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Staind is one of those bands that I can listen to on a limited basis, and at that a limited number of songs. Same goes for Seether, Theory of a Dead Man, and all other post grunge alt rock groups. I'm not sure they ever outgrew It's Been A While in terms of songwriting.
This. 1000x this.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic