FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Paintball Dead?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 7:09pm
Well, I think paintball has stopped being centralized. Its moved off the speedball fields and back into the woods.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Even WGP has more markers in production now than it did 4 years ago.
I don't beleive WGP is producing markers anymore.

Oh, after further viewing, appears you're right. A shame, because they made some good markers.

Edited by tallen702 - 09 August 2011 at 7:31pm
Tec13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tec13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 1:06am
I felt that WGP were questionable after bud sold over to Brass Eagle... maybe it was a mind control thing...lol  
Markers Currently Own: 160
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 3:02am

Oh, after further viewing, appears you're right. A shame, because they made some good markers.

What happened to their new "non-autococker" line?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

What happened to their new "non-autococker" line?
No idea. I remember hearing something about the demise of WGP, and it came to mind when Tallen said something about their increased line up.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
kendall grubbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall grubbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 8:15pm
i browsed through this discussion just now. i'm new to the forum but very much in the same situation. i played my heart out years back, mostly woods ball, but stopped for many years. now there is nothing around here. no parks, no shops. it used to be huge.

i understand the economic toll.. but i don't understand why it would have left in such a big way.

but the passion is back for me, and i've reacquired some old guns as well as purchased a few more (along with gear to play) just so i can get my girlfriend's son, a few of his buddies, and a few of my buddies  into the sport i once loved and enjoyed so many years ago. it's taking a toll on my wallet, but i'm determined to bring it back to life - even on a small scale.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 9:09pm
Kendall, a good place to hook up with people locally is on the mcarterbrown.com forums. Most of the guys there are pretty friendly, and even if you can't find some really local games, they can point you in the direction of some fun regional stuff. I played their "Cold A** Game" in PA a few years back and it was totally worth the 2 hour drive for me.

Mack and Oldpbnoob, the new markers autocockers that WGP produced were well received, but Budd waited too long to make the switch to electro to keep the company in the game. When they sold out to K2, the company tried to re-launch with the long-awaited newer markers as well as some simple FASOR and Blow Back models, but it was simply too late. They lost the "tournament edge" that they had enjoyed for over 2 decades and DYE, Proto, Empire, Eclipse, and WDP overtook them on the showier speedball fields. That said, there is a still a good amount of stock of the final runs out there, and Shocktech and other companies still make mech versions to this day.
kendall grubbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall grubbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 10:20pm
hey thanks tallen i'll be sure to check it out
Supermanglide View Drop Down
spamqueen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supermanglide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2011 at 11:32pm
I don't think it is dying however it has slowed. Up right here in NY I am finding extra people these times web hosting outlaw film games on exclusive land. regardless of the reality that some may properly not think the exercise for getting safe, they appear for getting increasing in numbers.
-deleted-spam-
xiaotuanzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xiaotuanzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 1:59am
-deleted-spam-

Edited by pepprdog - 04 November 2011 at 11:34pm
nowblogstarted View Drop Down

spamqueen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nowblogstarted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 10:36pm
-deleted-spam-

Edited by pepprdog - 04 November 2011 at 11:35pm
I'm a spamqueen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic