Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hpa tank!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WickedPbJuggalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WickedPbJuggalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hpa tank!
    Posted: 24 August 2011 at 11:36am
ah ok, ive been playing for 7 years and looks like i just learned something new.  i know that some fields require different fps and how barrels affect it as well but didnt know the other stuff. learn new things every day
Peace Warzone Monkey
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 11:25am
Originally posted by WickedPbJuggalo WickedPbJuggalo wrote:

like this tank with i can keep the fps @ 298 even but i guess it varys from tank to tank. i also use a remote coil for its big butt lol.
Any tank should be able to acheive that FPS as long as it has a high pressure regulator. If you are referring to the OP's FPS claims it is probably due to his fields limits. Most commercial fields require you to chrono at 290 or less. I have seen some that require as low as 250 for indoor or night play. Also, some people run a lower FPS due to their setup. For example, the Flatline barrels actually seem to work better with FPS set in the 260-270 range. If someone is using a high pressure regulator and they are not able to acheive at least 280-290 FPS, there may be something wrong with their setup .
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WickedPbJuggalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 11:18am
like this tank with i can keep the fps @ 298 even but i guess it varys from tank to tank. i also use a remote coil for its big butt lol.
Peace Warzone Monkey
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 10:56am

with the 45/90 you can get more than 5 pods, and with FPS the tank comes with two little disks inside the bonette which enable high and low pressure. I will get a picture of them. 
True, you get more than 5 pods, but that is a pretty big tank. I have one and it's huge, and heavy. Personally, If I were to suggest an upgrade it would simply be to a carbon fiber 4500psi tank. Keep it small.  As for the FPS, this term refers to "feet per second", not sure how you are equating this to the regulator being able to be adjusted for high or low pressure? Tippmanns need high pressure, 650psi+, in order to operate, so that isnt really much of an advantage as any high pressure reg'd tank will work. I am familiar with the regs, so no need for pics. Just tring to figure out what you are trying to claim.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WickedPbJuggalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 10:48am
with the 45/90 you can get more than 5 pods, and with FPS the tank comes with two little disks inside the bonette which enable high and low pressure. I will get a picture of them. 
Peace Warzone Monkey
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 10:32am

for best results in FPS with a tippmann up grade to a Ninja tank prefered a 45/90 it's very big but it's well worth it. I have one and the tank lasts me all day.

You're going to need to clarify this statement. What exactly do you mean by "best results in FPS"? And if the OP is getting 5 pods or so out of a 48/3000, that is really good. I never got anywhere near that sort of efficiency with my A5 and hpa.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WickedPbJuggalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 11:30pm
for best results in FPS with a tippmann up grade to a Ninja tank prefered a 45/90 it's very big but it's well worth it. I have one and the tank lasts me all day.

Edited by WickedPbJuggalo - 19 August 2011 at 11:34pm
Peace Warzone Monkey
ericlees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericlees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 12:30pm
using it on a rainy cold day, the performance dropped to 4 and half pods
ericlees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericlees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 1:29pm
* using proto 150 ball capacity pods...
ericlees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericlees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 1:26pm
Hey guys, i upgrade my project salvo to hpa a 48ci 300psi... i decided to do an efficiency test like the ones mike from tech pb does...and i was surprised!Big smile

the velocity was 275-285fps
3000psi at 75 degrees
using valken graffiti paintballs and stock barrel

5 pods without dropping and the whole 6 pod but 2/3 the velocity drop to 260-270fps... so i guess that is't that bad...

Clap

so now i'm caring a harness with 4 pods and 1 pod in my cyclone loader. 5pods out of my project salvo it's awesome!Wink

how many shoots do you guys get?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic