Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Thru Stock X7 Phenom Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ddallas159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddallas159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Thru Stock X7 Phenom Problem
    Posted: 07 July 2011 at 8:56pm

First time posting.

I have a Tippmann X-7 Phenom and ordered the air thru stock and watched the video and put it on. When I hook the air up to the stock and it feels locked on the hose comes flying off soon as I turn on the air.

I assume maybe the attachment I have is not right or maybe the air is not able to enter the stock properly so the air has no where to go. If there is a special quick disconnect I should get that works with this particular gun then I can order it. But like I said the quick disconnect I have seems to lock on and I cannot pull it off by hand but as soon as I add the air it flies off the gun.

Does anyone else have the air thru stock and had similar problems. I am new to paintball the last couple years, love the Phenom and now wish I would not have messed with it because this might be a problem for a novice.

Thanks for any help or ideas. I could probably post pics if need be, just let me know.

DOug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddallas159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 1:06pm
Does anyone know a good paintball repair store in the Mid-Michigan area (Flint, Lansing, Saginaw)? I have a feeling the fix for the air through stock is in the remote line connection. For now I probably will just put the air back through the handle.
Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 2:26pm
ya man post pics i need to see waht you are talking about

and QD  are you talking about your remote coil?
and waht air thru stock do you have?

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddallas159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 3:26pm
Thanks for your reply. I am talking about the Commando Air Thru stock for the X7 Phenom. http://shop.tippmann.com/products/productdetail/part_number=T275047/3642.0.1.1?

The problem is the remote coil that I hook to the back of the stock it will not stay locked on. I did find today that I can remove the adapter on the stock and replace with another one and was going to try that. I was also worried that maybe the air was not blowing through the stock and that is why it was not locking onto the back of the gun once I turned the air on.

The problem is I connect the remote line to the back of the Commando Air Thru Stock for the Tippmann X7 Phenom and even the remote coil feels attached firmly it blows off as soon as I apply air.

Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 4:02pm
no i have the same problem its not completely  attaching
to the stock    you need to really push it in there

i have one on my 98 and had the same problem 
it could be the QD fitting on the end is not compleltly locking

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2011 at 7:44pm
I recomend a pro connect fitting. It's slimer profile and it's seats better than a standard QD. It also eliminates the need for a slide check. QD's come in varied shapes so could be yours is just not seating properly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic