Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CCW Ohio, man attacked in Dayton Shoots criminals.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CCW Ohio, man attacked in Dayton Shoots criminals.
    Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:37am
Of course stories like this are often ignored by the major media...

Which is surprising considering there is video.

But, here is a thread from the shooter that links the raw news footage. (this never hit the enquirer, or any of the cincy news stations that I watch/read).

I think everyone who carries concealed should have their first round chambered, as this is a perfect example where the victim couldn't have racked the slide as he was fighting off the two attackers.

This happened last friday night in downtown Dayton.
They tremble at my name...
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:29am
It's all a conspiracy.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 10:35am
What a victim shoots two criminals who attack him while he is getting gas, and try and pull him out of his car while beating him and he shoots one of them in the stomach with his ccw .45 and it is all on video and that ISN'T a story?...

Yeah, right. It doesn't fit the liberal media narrative... Especially since this happened at the same time Ohio passed the new eliminations of a bunch of silly restrictions on conceal carry laws, which are being signed today btw...

No way they would NOT cover a story like that... Oh wait.

btw Sunday night this happened. No print news story on this one either...

They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 10:40am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

It's all a conspiracy.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 10:44am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

What a victim shoots two criminals who attack him while he is getting gas, and try and pull him out of his car while beating him and he shoots one of them in the stomach with his ccw .45 and it is all on video and that ISN'T a story?...

Yeah, right. It doesn't fit the liberal media narrative... Especially since this happened at the same time Ohio passed the new eliminations of a bunch of silly restrictions on conceal carry laws, which are being signed today btw...

No way they would NOT cover a story like that... Oh wait.

btw Sunday night this happened. No print news story on this one either...

No one likes to hear that some one defended themselves?  Just a guess mind you but a few months back, got to dig it up, a home owner here on the Island kept two would be thieves at bay in his house with a shot gun, it made local news but nothing I would want on National news.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 11:07am
"My car or my life??? Here are the keys, sir. Drive safely."

A comment from one of the news stories ^^^. He didn't stop anything, his car got stolen anyway. If one of them had a gun he probably would be dead. CCW is still stupid.
Que pasa?

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Yeah, right. It doesn't fit the liberal media narrative... 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:38pm
I never understood why people carry without one in the pipe.

And why you post on a forum. Shut up and lawyer up.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 1:56pm
The news only likes when someone gets murdered.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

The news only likes when someone gets murdered.

This.  If I had to go for a gun, inside my home or outside and shoot some one, I really don't want my name in the papers.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 2:28pm
What a Dayton shooter may look like: 

GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

A comment from one of the news stories ^^^. He didn't stop anything, his car got stolen anyway. If one of them had a gun he probably would be dead. CCW is still stupid.

Stupidity aside, I still believe it is someone's right to make that choice for his or her self.  
Donald Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 6:59pm
Why wasn't this carried everywhere?  I'm gonna go with "lame video."

On what planet is this story otherwise national news?
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:12pm
In before other lame stories that were actually made national news are cited.  
Donald Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:11pm
Sure, but lame stories with good video.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:29pm
I don't think FE understands what news services are actually for. Their mandate is NOT to keep you informed about what happens in the world.

Their mandater is to make a profit. To increase their circulation and to sell advertising space, in print or in air time, THAT is what they are for.

We've had this discussion before.

Non events do not make good news. Generally news falls into two categories, bad stuff and silly fluff.

This is neither. Who could get outraged by someone defending their life? Nothing bad happened so there is no indignation, so no point in using the story.

Carrying one up is a must. If your gun can't do it safely, get a new gun. With a decent holster there is nothing insafe about carrying one up, so long as you are doing it correctly. You might not have the time or the ability to chamber a round when TSHTF.

CCW is stupid? Then don't do it. CCW should be a tool at your disposal, it isn't the be all and end all of self defence. Situational awareness and the ability to difuse the situation are higher on the list of tools. The thing is without CCW that is where your options stop. I'd prefer to not have to rely on the good hearted nature of my attacker to get out of a situation alive. Do I think a CCW will always save me? No. Do I think it allows me more options than not CCW'ing does? Yes.

I will admit I live in a different crime enviroment than the rest of you, but here the badguys sometimes kill you even if you've been 100% cooperative, so why make their lives easy? Don't sell yours cheaply.

In before -think of the children/you'll shoot the wrong target/the only person at danger is yourself/you're more likely to shoot yourself.... well yes. So learn to do it better. Get training. And propper training at that. Take steps to reduce the risk to ALARP. Don't cop out.

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 29 June 2011 at 8:30pm
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Um, how was his car stolen when he was the one leaving the scene in it?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 8:30am
The linked news story(not the OP) said it got stolen anyway. Either a separate very similar incident or the news got it way wrong? Probably the latter
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Their mandate is NOT to keep you informed about what happens in the world.

Their mandater is to make a profit. To increase their circulation and to sell advertising space, in print or in air time, THAT is what they are for.

This is, unfortunately, the most-true media criticism posted on this forum. 

The news media is a product. It provides eyeballs to advertisers, which pay the news service to keep going. Those with power in the business don't care what the news content actually is, as long as it's something to bring in eyeballs and keep the advertising dollars flowing. 

It's no coincidence that the owners of the news media are, by and large, mega corporations. 

And it's this structure that makes me want nothing to do with the media much anymore. As far as actually participating, at least. I'll sit back and attempt to publish research that demonstrates the massive shortcomings of the news media, though. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 11:59am
It's all a conspiracy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic