Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paintball alt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ostrich160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paintball alt
    Posted: 26 June 2011 at 1:49pm
hi everyone, I left for a bit to play black ops (doing a machinima thing), but now it summer I want to go outside, and, although I love paintball, Its a bit too expensive and if theres one thing I learnt here its that thats not going to change. So, I was wondering if there was any war games like paintball but cheaper (and  avaible to anyone) so me and my friend could get a kit. I was thinkng something like larp, but any other options. Laser tag is a bad choice as you either get a terrible kit or pay loads for a great one, and I am not willing to build my own. REMEMBER, cheap. Oh, and you must be able to play it anywhere, not just at playing fields. Thanks in advance
Tom
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 4:16pm
I dont know much about laser tag except for a few times at a laser quest: http://www.laserquest.com/
But i found just because its laser tag you get shot and you just dont care. I much more prefer paintball. A cheaper alternative would be airsoft if you want a more similar setting to paintball.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 4:19pm
see, the problem with airsoft is you cannot play it anywhere, as you might hit someone. And laser tags to expenisve and can only be played at designated centers. You now see my dilema 
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 5:39pm
As far as I know those are the only 3 things like that out there. Try finding some friends and setting up a course in someones backyard or something instead of going to a field, besides that you dont got many options. The whole playing it anywhere thing kinda depends on people more than anything. I have played airsoft in peoples houses before just because they were cool with it. Laser tag you can play anywhere but it will probably be with some cheapo stuff from a walmart or something.

Edited by jordanpischke - 26 June 2011 at 5:44pm
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 9:50am
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 10:12am
yeh, I was thinking that, but arent I a bit old for nerf guns. And the bulets get lost easily and the bullets are almost as expensive as the guns. I'll probably just do more paintball and start trying on laser tag when I cant paintball.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 10:49am
Originally posted by ostrich160 ostrich160 wrote:

yeh, I was thinking that, but arent I a bit old for nerf guns. And the bulets get lost easily and the bullets are almost as expensive as the guns. I'll probably just do more paintball and start trying on laser tag when I cant paintball.

You are never too old for Nerf Guns. I have two boys (10 and 4)  and between us we have over 15 different Nerf Guns and have massive backyard shoot outs all the time.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 2:26pm
haha never ever too old for nerf wars lol

also best thing for you is nerf or water guns if you want cheap
or just good ol cap guns  hahah cop and robbers!

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 10:40pm
Try these inexpensive "war games"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 2:23am
thanks I was thinking of those but its not really like paintball, you dont play as the soldiers you just move them around.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 6:59pm
EE: you forgot Axis and Allies.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 9:26pm
You could buy some plastic toy guns and run around your yard making "pew pew" sounds. It's quite versatile as well, you can play Army, Cowboys and Indians, Cops and Robbers. At least that's what we used to do when I was 8 or 9.  Minimal investment and it gives you the opportunity to use your imagination. What more could you ask for? 

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 10:58am
if you want a realistic game of soldiers i suggest 'naafi'. Basically you get a job where you are overworked and underpaid and confined to a small base. Then you sit around drinking heavily playing pool and fighting. Or if thats a bit tame then you could try 'RnR' where you go to another part of town still drinking heavily and fighting but now you do it in someone elses bar/treehouse and make wildly inapropriate bargains for sexual favours from the locals.

Be carefull not to play with epople who take it too seriously though, i used to play with a bunch of guys that got really into it. A couple of them decided we weren't really in the zone so they went away and started play 'post traumatic stress' now they randomly appear at our houses mostly mid afternoon, stinking of booze stilll wearing their tattered old 'naafi' outfits shouting incoherently and gesticulating with their gonads.

The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 11:05am
Nahh!  You really want to play "South Central L.A.", use your bikes to do drive by's with water pistols. Blue vs. Red. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 11:18am
gang violence is not a game how do you thonk the bloddy crisps got started next thing you know this lad will be listening to hip hop and smoking crunks. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 11:23am
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

gang violence is not a game how do you thonk the bloddy crisps got started next thing you know this lad will be listening to hip hop and smoking crunks. You should be ashamed of yourself.

hey, it could be worse, he could want to play "Scottish Skinhead soccer hooligan".
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 11:29am
now that's a game!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 11:34am
Not if you get chosen as the "I support the wrong club" guy.  I like playing "cop in riot gear" or "skinhead with Dr Martens", I know that UK/European rules are slightly different than the US rules so you will; have to elaborate on the UK rules for the forum.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 3:28am
what you talking about willis?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 3:31am
I have decided to go with laser tag and just get some airsoft tactical gear for body armour and stuff, anone recommend any laser tag guns/sets. Must be 100/ $100 or under and the more realistic it looks the better. If it comes with software it must work with mac and UK residents must be able to buy it. Sorry to give you specifications of what it must have even though you are doing me a favour, I just needed you to know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic