Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98C sputtering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blckninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blckninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98C sputtering
    Posted: 06 June 2011 at 7:11pm
I just installed my TechT Zero Kick Hammer on my 98C, its an old school one from about 2003 so it doesn't have ACT.  I get everything screwed back in and test it out only to find out that its sputtering, like it is running low or out of air. 

I don't know what the issue could be because the tank is full, my remote isn't leaking air, I unscrewed the VA so its shooting about 300 FPS, and I screwed my expansion chamber tight enough, or so I thought.  If you have any ideas please let me know, otherwise I'm gonna be messing with the expansion chamber for a while.
    Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.
Emile Coue
(1857 - 1926)
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 12:33pm
If it worked before you installed the new hammer, I would say put the old one back in.  While I have heard good things about these hammers, generally I am of the "if it isn't broke don't fix it" school of thought.  Many of the "upgraded" internals for Tippmanns provide minimal to no benefit and some can even cause problems.

With that said, did you install new springs with this hammer?
blckninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blckninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 6:17pm
Yes I did.  Installed the new hammer and trigger springs it came with.  Could it be a problem with the new hammer spring?

Edited by blckninja - 07 June 2011 at 6:18pm
Emile Coue
(1857 - 1926)
blckninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blckninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 8:11pm
It seems I may have solved my problem.  The O-ring that comes on the ZKH is too loose so i replaced it with one from the tippmann parts kit.  I will see how it works and update my post as needed.

EDIT: The stock o-ring was too loose, replaced it with one from the tippmann parts kit, works fine.

Edited by blckninja - 07 June 2011 at 8:32pm
Emile Coue
(1857 - 1926)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic