FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weiner on a grill... Hot dog. lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry it’s Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 12:26pm
This thread... comedy.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 12:27pm
so....he may not resign, but i'm betting he's going to get kicked out of office...conduct unbecoming, etc...plus being a ny resident, i'd like to believe that he could be using this time more productively to do stuff to improve ceesman's and i's district.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 2:39pm
Lucky for us the Bible is only a collection of stories and not actually what happens when we die. I feel that if I were constantly judging the rest of society on how it lives while also preaching about how no one has the right to judge me, my head would explode.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I never said weiner should be stoned, or even given a paper cut...

So judgement only counts as judgement if physical harm is involved? 

I don't remember that being in the bible. 

I do, however, know of verses like Luke 6:37. For some reason that verse doesn't say "Judge not and ye shall not be judged. Condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned . . ." with an addendum that says "Unless nobody's going to get physically hurt, then go right ahead." 

Quote Notice how one example the person is DEAD and my critique is only saying he should not be a public servant anymore.

I agree that he should have resigned. And I still think he should. 

However, I'm not shouting about his moral character either. He sinned. He is flawed, as every man is. And he openly admitted his sin of lying to the public, and asked for forgiveness. 

Quote Please point out the "irony" of my view as it has no bearing on a mob KILLING a woman for her sin,

The lesson is presented in John as a lesson on judgement and forgiveness, not a lesson on killing. The outcome of the judgement is not the issue. It's the judgement itself that Jesus is taking issue with. 

The lesson is presented as an angry mob with a prostitute, wishing to condemn her. Jesus addressed the crowd, saying they were all guilty, and that none of them have the right to act as a judge against her. Jesus doesn't even mention death or killing. He mentions condemnation and judgement in John 8: 10-11. 

So, again, you see no irony in a biblical lesson presented in the form of Jesus addressing a crowd ready to judge and condemn a woman, when you start off a post with: 

HE HAS NO MORAL CHARACTER.

He is CORRUPT. 

I don't think the passage was saying what you think it was saying.

Do you think Jesus was talking about "water" when he talked about giving the samaritan woman "living water"?

Of course he wasn't talking about physical water. Again, many of Jesus teachings go to the spiritual level (you know that aspect you mock me with every post you make since it is tagged as your signature) and "judgement" is the same thing.

We all will face the judgement He is talking about when we leave our earthly bodies and enter the spiritual realm.

Of course you don't believe in that, so you only think he is talking about earthly "judgement"... Just like you probably think he was talking about "water" that would never make you thirst again too....

To someone who opens their eyes to the truth of the Bible, and doesn't let the lies of "it is just a bunch of stories" deceive them... They can see that the "judgement" Jesus is talking about is spiritual judgement, not man's judgement.

And I'm glad you brought up Luke 6. Lots of very interesting verses in that passage.

22`God will make you happy when people hate you, when they will not let you belong to their group, when they say wrong things about you and make your name bad. God blesses you when it is for the sake of the Son of Man.

Man has  a certain way of thinking and acting. Of course we are not God, so we fall short of the way God thinks and acts... Clearly I wouldn't want to give my childs life for someone like weiner... But, God did...

So yeah, I have to think how can I be more like God in my actions. Well, I work on being like him and at times I fail. As I am not perfect.

But, there is a big difference between someone coming clean and apologizing for lying to the public  (when they are a public servant WORKING for the people) and trying to destroy breitbart by accusing him of hacking (a felony btw) when it wasn't true, and ONLY when proof of the lie came out did he THEN "apologize". (Which wouldn't seem very sincere to most people as clearly he was busted... And only when busted owned up, if that proof hadn't come do you think he would have apologized?)

So yeah, we both agree he should resign. The bad part of me wants him to stay in office just because it damages the credibility of the liberal democrats, as he is now the posterboy of "liberal morality".

When I should be...

27`But I say to you who hear, love your enemies. Do good things to those who hate you.

28Bless those who use bad words about you. Ask God to do good to those who trouble you.

29`If someone hits you on one side of your face, turn the other side also. `If someone takes your coat, let him have your shirt also.

30`Give to every one who begs you for something.

31`Do to other people what you want them to do to you.

32If you love those who love you, what good is there in that? Even bad people love those who love them.

33If you do good things to those who do good things to you, what good is there in that? Bad people do the same.

34If you lend to those who will give to you, what good is there in that? Even bad people lend to bad people, if they think they will get the same from them.

35`Love your enemies. Do good things. Lend to people and do not look to get anything back. You will be paid well. You will be sons of the Highest One. He is kind to those who do not thank him and to those who are bad.

36So be kind like your Father.'

37`Do not judge others and you will not be judged. Do not punish others, and you will not be punished. Let others go free and God will let you go free.

But, I am not the teacher... I am still a student trying to learn the ways of God. So reading further in that chapter helps put it all in perspective.

40The one who learns is not better than his teacher. But every one who learns will be like his teacher when his teacher has finished teaching him.

41`Why do you look at the small piece of dust in your brother's eye? And you do not see the big stick in your own eye.

42How can you say to your brother, "Brother, let me take the dust out of your eye"? But you do not see the stick in your own eye. You are not true to yourselves! First take the stick out of your own eye. Then you will be able to see to take the dust out of your brother's eye.'

43`A good tree does not have bad fruit. And also, a bad tree does not have good fruit.

44Every kind of tree is known by its fruit. People do not pick fruit like figs from thorn trees. And they do not pick grapes from bramble bushes.

45A good man has stored up good things in his heart, so he says good things. A bad man has stored up wrong things in his heart, so he will say wrong things. The mouth will say what is in the heart.'

46`Why do you call me "Lord, Lord," but you do not do what I tell you?

47`A person comes to me. He hears what I say and obeys me. I will show you who he is like.

48He is like a man who built a house. He dug down deep in the ground and made it stand on a rock. The water in the river came up high. The water beat hard against the house. But the house did not move, because it was built on a rock.

49A man hears what I say but does not obey me. He is like a man who built his house on top of the ground. He did not dig down deep. The water beat hard against it and it fell with a loud noise!'

And that sums up the whole issue. We have put elected officials that I warned you all would put us into an economic ruin. It would destroy jobs, kill the middle class, and wipe out the economy...

And yet, many of you knew better, and voted for the liberals.

Are you better off today than you were in 08? Many of you were young, so you don't know what the business world was like then... Trust me, it was nothing like the economic destruction we are facing today. Keynesian economics are a failed belief, "available" is the signage I see everywhere I turn in the business world. BECAUSE of the liberal "taking" from the so called "rich" to give to... Wait, who did they give it too? Oh yeah, "reward your friends and punish your enemies." Those are the words of Obama... 

Know the truth and the truth will set you free, as we see in these verses... We also see who is controlling those that lie...

John 8
31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.b]'>[b]”

39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you wouldc]'>[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

They tremble at my name...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 4:05pm

Do you think Jesus was talking about "water" when he talked about giving the samaritan woman "living water"?

So when Jesus states not to condemn and judge, myriad times in the Gospel, he was referring to judging as a metaphor for something else, and thus judging others is perfectly fine? 

He is talking about when we leave our earthly bodies and enter the spiritual realm.

So in your opinion, the myriad times Jesus tells his followers, and his audience, not to judge, he was telling them not to spiritually judge, and that other kinds of passing judgement were perfectly fine? 

When Matthew 7:1-2 says "Judge not, that you be not judged, for with the judgement you pronounce, you shall be judged," it was really only talking about judging someone spiritually, and the rest is fine in the eyes of Jesus? 

Quote Which wouldn't seem very sincere to most people as clearly he was busted...

So when the bible talks about forgiveness, particularly when Jesus speaks of forgiveness in Luke 17:3, saying "If your brothers sin, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times a day, and turns to you seven times saying 'I repent,' you must forgive him," that doesn't count because he just didn't seem quite sincere enough for you? 

And things not yet addressed: 

How does the lesson of the adulterer in Luke 8 only count on things that lead to violence, despite the fact Jesus never addressed the violence as the output?

The lesson is presented in John as a lesson on judgement and forgiveness, not a lesson on killing. The outcome of the judgement is not the issue. It's the judgement itself that Jesus is taking issue with. 

The lesson is presented as an angry mob with an adulterer, wishing to condemn her. Jesus addressed the crowd, saying they were all guilty, and that none of them have the right to act as a judge against her. Jesus doesn't even mention death or killing. He mentions condemnation and judgement in John 8: 10-11. 

So, again, you see no irony in a biblical lesson presented in the form of Jesus addressing a crowd ready to judge and condemn a woman, when you start off a post with: 

He is CORRUPT. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 09 June 2011 at 4:11pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 4:23pm

Clearly you don't understand what I am saying, so I will post what someone else has said on the subject as maybe they can be more effective communicating what I meant.

Matthew 7: 1- 6
By Dr. Richard J. Krejcir

Why would you Judge?

General Idea: The best way to cover your own sins and wrongdoings is to attack someone who is good, and righteous, because it will throw the dogs off their tracks, taking the attention off you and placing it elsewhere. In addition, a righteous person will not defend himself, as he/she is rooted in Christ, and not in the world. The best way to attack someone is to judge him/her! However, if you are rooted in Christ, such tactics should nauseate you in disgust. A Christian must exercise discernment as well as kindness, and not follow the evil desires of the Will and the world. This is not merely a theory; it is a mandate from our Lord!

It is characteristic of our fallen, human, sinful nature to see the faults in others, but, more often than not, those very faults we point out in others are those we have too! We have to be willing to look at, ourselves, our flaws, and the things we all need to improve on, and place our focus there. Our responsibility is to grow in character, not point out faults in others unless it is done through the relationship of a mentor, and with the disposition of the Fruits of the Spirit. For good relationships to be built, we have to be willing and able to treat others in the same manner we want to be treated.

1.   Judge not! There are different types of judgment. One involves being discerning, not allowing harm to come to you or others from those who cause harm. And, along with that, comes sensitivity to potential trouble, attempting to prevent the bad actions of others. This is a service, which, ideally, the church, as well as law enforcement and community involvement, is supposed to do.
a.   There is also the judgment/discernment of evaluating the spiritual and mental health of others. But, what Jesus is referring to here is condemning the faults in others to cover up our own faults--especially the ones we refuse to see in ourselves. He also is condemning the practice of verbally attacking others, which will only bring condemnation on us. The imagery that Jesus uses is the market place measuring scale. When we judge, the false, hypocritical, and self-righteous attitude is put on the scales, and counts against us, calling down God's judgment on us (Prov. 19:17; Matt. 5:7; 6:14-15).
                                                  i.   Consider how severe the penalty for false judgments were in the OT (Ex. 23:6-8; Duet. 16:18-20; 18:19-21).
                                                ii.   "Judge not, that you be not judged" is a popular saying in western society, often spoken when someone is pointing out the faults of another, or if one feels someone else is judging him. The secular impression is that we should never make moral judgments in others.
b.   However, that is not what Jesus implies. We are to judge right and wrong in some things, such as sin versus virtue (James 4:11-12). There are times when we are called to judge as we exercise church discipline. This is correcting one who teaches in error, and if he/she does not heed the correcting, he/she must step down. Church leaders are called to exercise discerning judgment as to the moral or spiritual condition of the people under their care. This is always done in the character of the Fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23).
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 4:35pm

Clearly you don't understand what I am saying,

I understand what you are saying. I'm inquiring as to the ends of those opinions you are presenting, as they have no biblical basis. 

so I will post what someone else has said on the subject as maybe they can be more effective communicating what I meant.

The thing you posted does not exactly help your previously presented opinion. 

Quote  Our responsibility is to grow in character, not point out faults in others unless it is done through the relationship of a mentor, and with the disposition of the Fruits of the Spirit.

I'm perplexed as to how the following: 

He is CORRUPT. 

Is either 1) Helping anyone grow in character, and 2) in the relationship structure of a mentor situation. 

Quote  He also is condemning the practice of verbally attacking others, which will only bring condemnation on us.

Again, I'm confused, as I'm wondering how it pertains to: 

He is CORRUPT. 

[quote]There are times when we are called to judge as we exercise church discipline.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused as to which church Anthony Weiner was leading? 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 09 June 2011 at 4:37pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 4:36pm
In apologize for the wonky formatting in that post. The copypasta carried over things from the site it was copy and pasted from. 

Also, things not addressed from my previous posts due to the use of copypasta: 

1) Was Jesus referring to not passing judgement, in the myriad times that he referred to the not passing judgement in the Gospels, as a metaphor? Is earthly judgement just fine, only spiritual judgement is off the table? This is what you implied earlier. 

2) Why is John 8 and the story of the adulterer supposedly about violence now? Are you suggesting that judgement and condemnation is fine as long as nobody gets hurt doing it? 

3) Do you see the irony in posting a story from the bible where Jesus tells angry folks not to judge and condemn an adulterer in a thread where you've said things like: 

He is CORRUPT. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 09 June 2011 at 4:42pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 5:03pm

Again, the example of the woman about to be stoned by the mob, is pointing out how we have all sinned.

And the judge not lest you be judged is again, an example of us all needing to remember that we are no better than weiner without Christ.

As without Christ we all are guilty of death for our sins.

Now to you that is probably "judging" all man, right?

Except facts are facts. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, no man is without sin.

To me, that is a fact. And yet does that make ALL men the same?

Clearly not, some men have better character/morals than others, they all still need the blood of Christ to cover their sins, but when we select leaders of our country (a country founded on Biblical principles) we need to look at their character and morals before making that selection.

You are making the assumption that discerning someones character/morals is "judging" them.

I disagree.

Weiner is clearly someone who lies and will only fess up when faced with insurmountable proof of his guilt. This type of person in my opinion

HAS NO MORAL CHARACTER.

He is CORRUPT.

That is not judgement but discernment of his character...

And yes, the Bible tells me over and over to look at people's fruit, and the words coming out of their mouths/keyboards, as that will let you know what is in their hearts. Good fruit from good people, bad fruit from bad people.

According to your argument, that would be "judging" those people... I disagree.

Proverbs 28

1 The wicked flee though no one pursues,
   but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

2 When a country is rebellious, it has many rulers,
   but a ruler with discernment and knowledge maintains order.

3 A ruler who oppresses the poor
   is like a driving rain that leaves no crops.

4 Those who forsake instruction praise the wicked,
   but those who heed it resist them.

5 Evildoers do not understand what is right,
   but those who seek the LORD understand it fully.

6 Better the poor whose walk is blameless
   than the rich whose ways are perverse.

7 A discerning son heeds instruction,
   but a companion of gluttons disgraces his father.

8 Whoever increases wealth by taking interest or profit from the poor
   amasses it for another, who will be kind to the poor.

9 If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction,
   even their prayers are detestable.

10 Whoever leads the upright along an evil path
   will fall into their own trap,
   but the blameless will receive a good inheritance.

11 The rich are wise in their own eyes;
   one who is poor and discerning sees how deluded they are.

12 When the righteous triumph, there is great elation;
   but when the wicked rise to power, people go into hiding.

13 Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper,
   but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

14 Blessed is the one who always trembles before God,
   but whoever hardens their heart falls into trouble.

15 Like a roaring lion or a charging bear
   is a wicked ruler over a helpless people.

16 A tyrannical ruler practices extortion,
   but one who hates ill-gotten gain will enjoy a long reign.

17 Anyone tormented by the guilt of murder
   will seek refuge in the grave;
   let no one hold them back.

18 The one whose walk is blameless is kept safe,
   but the one whose ways are perverse will fall into the pit.

19 Those who work their land will have abundant food,
   but those who chase fantasies will have their fill of poverty.

20 A faithful person will be richly blessed,
   but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished.

21 To show partiality is not good—
   yet a person will do wrong for a piece of bread.

22 The stingy are eager to get rich
   and are unaware that poverty awaits them.

23 Whoever rebukes a person will in the end gain favor
   rather than one who has a flattering tongue.

24 Whoever robs their father or mother
   and says, “It’s not wrong,”
   is partner to one who destroys.

25 The greedy stir up conflict,
   but those who trust in the LORD will prosper.

26 Those who trust in themselves are fools,
   but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe.

27 Those who give to the poor will lack nothing,
   but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.

28 When the wicked rise to power, people go into hiding;
   but when the wicked perish, the righteous thrive.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 5:20pm

Again, the example of the woman about to be stoned by the mob, is pointing out how we have all sinned.

And the judge not lest you be judged is again, an example of us all needing to remember that we are no better than weiner without Christ.

This is a lovely example of the psychological principles of both confirmation bias and selective perception. 

Well done. Smile

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 6:34pm
Jesus, Weiner is a freaking scumbag.

That said, FE definitely mad he gettin' styled on.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 6:57pm
The bit Colbert did last night was almost too much.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2011 at 2:45pm
I see top Democrats, including Pelosi, just asked him to resign.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 1:47am
Link to below article.  My observations are in red for contrast.

Sat Jun 11, 2:35 pm ET

Anthony Weiner says he will take leave of absence, seek ‘treatment’ as scandal grows

By Holly Bailey

weiner pelosi resign

Just hours after three leading Democrats called on him to resign, Rep. Anthony Weiner announced he will take a leave of absence from Congress and enter a treatment program.

Congress realizes it's short a Weiner!

Saturday began with a major blow to Weiner's chances for survival,

The above requires no comment as anything I said based on a "major blow to Weiner's . . . " would get me a strike.

as  House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Rep. Steve Israel, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, all issued statements urging Weiner to leave Congress.

Pelosi, Wasserman Schultz and Israel want Weiner out now!

Shortly after, Weiner's office announced that the embattled New York Democrat had decided to enter a treatment program, saying he "needs this time to get healthy and make the best possible decision" about his future.

Weiner problems require treatment.  (Hopefully not Viagra.)

"Congressman Weiner departed this morning to seek professional treatment to focus on becoming a better husband and healthier person," Weiner's office announced. "In light of that, he will request a short leave of absence from the House of Representatives so that he can get evaluated and map out a course of treatment to make himself well."

Doctor's to evaluate Weiner!

It's unclear what type of treatment Weiner is seeking, but Democrats hinted it's not enough to overcome the scandal and urged him to resign.

Democrats say Weiner broken beyond repair--should be removed!

"It is with great disappointment that I call on Rep. Anthony Weiner to resign," Wasserman Schultz's statement read. "The behavior he has exhibited is indefensible and [his] continued service in Congress is untenable. 

Weiner exhibition prevents servicing Congress!

This sordid affair has become an unacceptable distraction for Rep. Weiner, his family, his constituents and the House--and for the good of all, he should step aside and address those things that should be most important--his and his family's well-being."

Weiner should be put aside for family well-being.  (Note:  Right or left is not specified.)

The developments came a day after it was revealed Delaware police questioned a 17-year-old girl about her Twitter exchanges with the embattled lawmaker.

Underage girl involved in Weiner exchange!

Weiner insisted late Friday his dealings with the girl were "neither explicit nor indecent"—a statement the girl's family backed up in an interview with the New York Times. But apparently the report was the final straw for Weiner's Democratic colleagues, who say they can no longer defend the disgraced congressman.

Democrats give up on Weiner!

Pelosi, who initiated an House ethics investigation into Weiner's activities earlier this week, had refused as late as yesterday to call for her colleague's resignation. But she, too, reversed course Saturday.

Pelosi changes position on Weiner!

"Congressman Weiner has the love of his family, the confidence of his constituents,

Damaged Weiner still supported!

and the recognition that he needs help," Pelosi said. "I urge Congressman Weiner to seek that help without the pressures of being a Member of Congress."

Pelosi urges withdrawal to relieve pressure on Weiner!

Israel, a fellow New York Democrat, also called his for colleague to resign, saying Weiner's "inappropriate behavior has become an insurmountable distraction to the House and our work for the American people."

American public distracted by Weiner!

The decision of all three Democratic leaders to go public with their resignation calls simultaneously is a strong hint that back-channel efforts among party officials to convince Weiner to leave Congress on his own have failed.

Democrats failed to remove Weiner privately--resort to public action!

Weiner has repeatedly insisted he won't leave Congress, citing the support of his constituents and his wife, Huma Abedin. On Monday, the New York Democrat admitted he'd lied about risqué online relationships with six women he had met on Facebook and Twitter.

I will maintain that this, the whole Weiner affair, is the best news story EVER!
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 8:05am
I don't think he should resign. Wawawa he acted like a perv when he was at home.
Que pasa?

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 11:12am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I don't think he should resign. Wawawa he acted like a perv when he was at home.

So did Bill Clinton.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

So did Bill Clinton.

BIll Clinton finished out his term...without a leave.
Que pasa?

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 4:38am

Only at home?  I'm not nearly as offended by his sexting actions as I am with his blatant lying about them.

Edited by StormyKnight - 13 June 2011 at 4:40am
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

This thread... comedy.

....page and a half.

That's as far as I got before I physically couldn't read it anymore and had to resort to just scanning posts for things that might need to be cleaned up.

I saw that a discussion on some jerk's dong posts on twitter managed to evolve into obama hating Israel, the liberal bias in the media, Jesus, and a ton of this:

Point.

counter point, counter point, counter point, counter point.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 12:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic