Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weiner on a grill... Hot dog. lol

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

A House ethics investigation has been started, the congressman publicly admitted his guilt and your beloved Breitbart got his apology.

Why are the wheels of the outrage machine still in motion?
 
Maxine Waters and Charley Rangle are still in office...
 
Excuse me if I find "ethics investigations" to be a big partisan sham, when they clearly don't result in the expulsion of corrupt congressman/women in a timely manner...
 
 
Almost a YEAR since that "decision near" article...
 

And neither of those people's cases compare to Weiner posting flirtatious pictures online. As far as I know there is not a law against that. I feel the need to remind you he is no Paladino, that's a human under that fabric, not a horse.

You really need to work on your weiner obsession, it's becoming unhealthy. IMO if he's cleared of any wrongdoing involving federal time or resources this has no more need to make big headlines. It is then a private matter between he and his wife. We, as a country, have much more important issues to address. Fat chance of that happening though considering the state of our 24 hour news cycle.

Mack has a good point that I'd like to make a slight addition to. Barring criminal activity, it is up to his constituents to determine whether he remains in office.
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

 
Mack has a good point that I'd like to make a slight addition to. Barring criminal activity, it is up to his constituents to determine whether he remains in office.

His constituents and himself. 

I think Chris Lee made the smart decision - certainly smarter than Weiner - by stepping down as soon as it came to light that he had acted inappropriately and was going to have to deal with his personal life decisions. 

I'd wager a bet that it's the reason the media paid far less attention to Lee than it has Weiner. Lee told the truth and stepped down. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Time for a C-Section!

Joined: 15 November 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4810
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 1:09pm
^^^and Wiener is not popular here on Long Island, I can't speak for the people who voted for him but a lot of people here on the Island don't like him or Peter King because of the childish pushing matches they do every time they get on the camera together and with "certitude" we hate his dramatic flair.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!


Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 2:03pm
WSJ rings the bell... Answering the "why" question.
 
 
"The Weiner fiasco, however, raises issues that transcend one man's personal indulgence.

The private citizens of Queens voted to make Anthony Weiner a public citizen and their Representative. They assumed he would show judgment not for himself alone but for them and their interests.

Instead, he has shattered his ability to serve their interests. In an age of aggressive computer hacking, he also put himself at risk of blackmail by criminals or adversaries. His week of fantastic lies proved how vulnerable he or any public figure is to selling out his integrity to save himself from humiliation.

Anthony Weiner now joins a disturbing list of elected officials in our time who've lost any sense of self-discipline. "

They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

WSJ rings the bell... Answering the "why" question.

It's also an opinion piece, posted in the "Review & Outlook" section. 

Which brings us back: Do you want more opinion pieces printed in newspapers, particularly on the front page? 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 2:08pm
Depends on the opinion Tongue...
 
 
We get opinion quite often, but it seems to have a liberal slant... It would be nice to see some that went the other way at times... (fair and balanced perhaps?)


Edited by FreeEnterprise - 07 June 2011 at 2:08pm
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


We get opinion quite often

Citations, please. 

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

 It would be nice to see some that went the other way at times... 

So, you're essentially advocating for biased news in favor of the things you support? You'd rather that news articles conform to confirmation bias? 


Edited by agentwhale007 - 07 June 2011 at 2:11pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 2:27pm
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 2:33pm

So your proposal for the proof that media is biased is a conservative think-tank and a non-scientific book?

I've no doubt that some of the MRC's results are somewhat valid - however, examining their methodology has shown me that they can swing their coding mechanism to favor particular samples and privilege desired results. 

But we're talking about Weiner here. 


  • What, exactly, is the bias to that story? 
  • That is a "blog" posting, yes, but the NYT Caucus also posts news articles. That link contains a news article. 
Furthermore, do you have any specific examples of bias in the news coverage of the Weiner situation, as that is what we are discussing here. 

Where is the example of bias in the news coverage of this scandal? 

Is it simply them not using the word "blackmail?" 


Edited by agentwhale007 - 07 June 2011 at 2:40pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9819
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

You really need to work on your weiner obsession, it's becoming unhealthy.

I laughed at this . . . but I think it could more accurately be described as a Weiner fixation.

IMO if he's cleared of any wrongdoing involving federal time or resources this has no more need to make big headlines. It is then a private matter between he and his wife.

I disagree here.  It should be headlines because it speaks to character; something that I consider important in selecting an elected official.


FE was correct above . . . the Wall Street Journal did hit the nail on the head.


Edited by Mack - 07 June 2011 at 3:11pm
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 2:55pm
Front page bias on weiner...
 
Easy same paper...
 
 
oh lookie, another blog...
 
do I really have to point out all of the liberal bias in that story?
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


do I really have to point out all of the liberal bias in that story?

That's an opinion piece. 

You can tell from the five-point counter-opinions listed at the bottom there. 

Do you have a news story about Weiner to bring to the table and show bias? 

Or, again, is the bias with the actual news coverage of the scandal only that they didn't use the word "blackmail?" 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

 
 
We get opinion quite often, but it seems to have a liberal slant... It would be nice to see some that went the other way at times... (fair and balanced perhaps?)

This might be the funniest statement of the year. When is the wealthy white man ever going to be heard? 

FE for forum comedian 2011!
Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9819
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

WSJ rings the bell... Answering the "why" question.

It's also an opinion piece, posted in the "Review & Outlook" section.

While it is an opinion piece, much of it can be accepted as fact.

Which brings us back: Do you want more opinion pieces printed in newspapers, particularly on the front page?

He wants the media to assassinate the left and heap adoration the right.  (You know . . . the opposite of what they do now:)


The article is short so I will dissect it below:

Anthony Weiner's Judgment

The scandal raises issues that transcend one man's personal indulgence.

Last November, 67,000 citizens of the 9th U.S. District in Queens, New York, voted to return Anthony Weiner to the House of Representatives. Agree or disagree with his politics and style, Mr. Weiner became a principal player at the highest level of our public life. That's over, blown up by Mr. Weiner's singular lack of judgment.

2anthony
Associated Press

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D., N.Y.) addresses a news conference in New York on Monday.2anthony

In one of the most unbearable news conferences ever seen, Congressman Weiner admitted his week of lies about his lewd online relationships, apologized to all and sundry, but said he will not resign. (fact) We'll leave the last point to his constituents, but Mr. Weiner's ambitions to be mayor of New York City are finished and his credibility in national politics after this is next to nothing.  (opinion, but probably correct)

It is inevitably the nature of media today that scandals like this pitch the perpetrator into a deep personal hell. (fact--this can't be a lot of fun for Weiner)  The Weiner fiasco, however, raises issues that transcend one man's personal indulgence.  (fact--issues have been raised; this thread is proof of that)

The private citizens of Queens voted to make Anthony Weiner a public citizen and their Representative. They assumed he would show judgment not for himself alone but for them and their interests.  (fact)

Instead, he has shattered his ability to serve their interests.  (opinion--this will be decided by the voters) In an age of aggressive computer hacking, he also put himself at risk of blackmail by criminals or adversaries. (fact--any improper actions create risk of blackmail) His week of fantastic lies proved how vulnerable he or any public figure is to selling out his integrity to save himself from humiliation.  (Have to go opinion on this--but accurate opinion)

Anthony Weiner now joins a disturbing list of elected officials in our time who've lost any sense of self-discipline. If there are others out there wandering in the confused ethers that trapped Anthony Weiner, we have a request: Get out now. Spare the rest of us.

Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 3:18pm
http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/lachlan-markay/2011/06/07/recap-most-ridiculous-leftist-defenses-anthony-weiner
 
 
Front page of MSNBC.
 
Notice the "news" story is void of the fact that one of the women said he called her on his congressional phone...
 
Notice the use of the word "conservative" when describing the news source that first published the photo... When have you EVER seen them label a "liberal" news source as such? That is bias.
 
Also "conservatist activist" not journalist. Again, bias.
 
MSNBC posts picture and says they haven't verified it... meaning it could be FAKE. typical liberal spin... bias. They don't put up something like that for other pics they use...
 
Oh, and the favorite of the liberal press. Notice there is no "liberal" or "Democrat" in the title of the story... weird since there is typically one of those labels if it were a republican or conservative... bias.
 
The article also parrots his "never any physical relationship" like it is fact... when the guy is a proven liar.
 
then they have stuff like this.
 

"Earlier Monday before Weiner's public admission, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was asked whether the congressman could continue to effectively represent New Yorkers.

"It's always up to the constituents," Bloomberg said, adding that it was "time to get back and focus on the serious things.""

 
In other words, ignore this, no big deal, get back to work...
 
bias plain and simple.  
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

While it is an opinion piece, much of it can be accepted as fact.


That comes down to crappy labeling on the behalf of the NYT Caucus blog. 

It's part of the reason I rarely read it. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 3:33pm
Notice the difference in just the headline between Chris Lee and Weiner...
 
 
Weird how they label him "republican" in the title... But, it takes paragraphs before they put in the "democrat" in weiners article.
 
bias.
 
I wonder if you will acknowledge it?
 
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Time for a C-Section!

Joined: 15 November 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4810
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 3:38pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!


Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

You really need to work on your weiner obsession, it's becoming unhealthy.

I laughed at this . . . but I think it could more accurately be described as a Weiner fixation.

IMO if he's cleared of any wrongdoing involving federal time or resources this has no more need to make big headlines. It is then a private matter between he and his wife.

I disagree here.  It should be headlines because it speaks to character; something that I consider important in selecting an elected official.




I called them big for a reason. This no longer deserves the attention of a breaking news story. I did not say they should stop covering it, merely that they should devote the kind of attention weiner got to more important issues. By more important issues I mean those affecting more than just Rep. Weiner's constituency.
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Notice the difference in just the headline between Chris Lee and Weiner...
 
 
Weird how they label him "republican" in the title... But, it takes paragraphs before they put in the "democrat" in weiners article.
 
bias.
 
I wonder if you will acknowledge it?
 

Everyone has acknowledged msnbc as biased. They are the Fox News for the left. Pay attention.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.202 seconds.