Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weiner on a grill... Hot dog. lol

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 4:23pm

Clearly you don't understand what I am saying, so I will post what someone else has said on the subject as maybe they can be more effective communicating what I meant.

 
Matthew 7: 1- 6
By Dr. Richard J. Krejcir


Why would you Judge?
 
General Idea: The best way to cover your own sins and wrongdoings is to attack someone who is good, and righteous, because it will throw the dogs off their tracks, taking the attention off you and placing it elsewhere. In addition, a righteous person will not defend himself, as he/she is rooted in Christ, and not in the world. The best way to attack someone is to judge him/her! However, if you are rooted in Christ, such tactics should nauseate you in disgust. A Christian must exercise discernment as well as kindness, and not follow the evil desires of the Will and the world. This is not merely a theory; it is a mandate from our Lord!
 
It is characteristic of our fallen, human, sinful nature to see the faults in others, but, more often than not, those very faults we point out in others are those we have too! We have to be willing to look at, ourselves, our flaws, and the things we all need to improve on, and place our focus there. Our responsibility is to grow in character, not point out faults in others unless it is done through the relationship of a mentor, and with the disposition of the Fruits of the Spirit. For good relationships to be built, we have to be willing and able to treat others in the same manner we want to be treated.
 
1.   Judge not! There are different types of judgment. One involves being discerning, not allowing harm to come to you or others from those who cause harm. And, along with that, comes sensitivity to potential trouble, attempting to prevent the bad actions of others. This is a service, which, ideally, the church, as well as law enforcement and community involvement, is supposed to do.
a.   There is also the judgment/discernment of evaluating the spiritual and mental health of others. But, what Jesus is referring to here is condemning the faults in others to cover up our own faults--especially the ones we refuse to see in ourselves. He also is condemning the practice of verbally attacking others, which will only bring condemnation on us. The imagery that Jesus uses is the market place measuring scale. When we judge, the false, hypocritical, and self-righteous attitude is put on the scales, and counts against us, calling down God's judgment on us (Prov. 19:17; Matt. 5:7; 6:14-15).
                                                  i.   Consider how severe the penalty for false judgments were in the OT (Ex. 23:6-8; Duet. 16:18-20; 18:19-21).
                                                ii.   "Judge not, that you be not judged" is a popular saying in western society, often spoken when someone is pointing out the faults of another, or if one feels someone else is judging him. The secular impression is that we should never make moral judgments in others.
b.   However, that is not what Jesus implies. We are to judge right and wrong in some things, such as sin versus virtue (James 4:11-12). There are times when we are called to judge as we exercise church discipline. This is correcting one who teaches in error, and if he/she does not heed the correcting, he/she must step down. Church leaders are called to exercise discerning judgment as to the moral or spiritual condition of the people under their care. This is always done in the character of the Fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23).
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


Do you think Jesus was talking about "water" when he talked about giving the samaritan woman "living water"?

So when Jesus states not to condemn and judge, myriad times in the Gospel, he was referring to judging as a metaphor for something else, and thus judging others is perfectly fine? 

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

 He is talking about when we leave our earthly bodies and enter the spiritual realm.
 

So in your opinion, the myriad times Jesus tells his followers, and his audience, not to judge, he was telling them not to spiritually judge, and that other kinds of passing judgement were perfectly fine? 

When Matthew 7:1-2 says "Judge not, that you be not judged, for with the judgement you pronounce, you shall be judged," it was really only talking about judging someone spiritually, and the rest is fine in the eyes of Jesus? 


Quote Which wouldn't seem very sincere to most people as clearly he was busted...

So when the bible talks about forgiveness, particularly when Jesus speaks of forgiveness in Luke 17:3, saying "If your brothers sin, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times a day, and turns to you seven times saying 'I repent,' you must forgive him," that doesn't count because he just didn't seem quite sincere enough for you? 

And things not yet addressed: 

How does the lesson of the adulterer in Luke 8 only count on things that lead to violence, despite the fact Jesus never addressed the violence as the output?

The lesson is presented in John as a lesson on judgement and forgiveness, not a lesson on killing. The outcome of the judgement is not the issue. It's the judgement itself that Jesus is taking issue with. 

The lesson is presented as an angry mob with an adulterer, wishing to condemn her. Jesus addressed the crowd, saying they were all guilty, and that none of them have the right to act as a judge against her. Jesus doesn't even mention death or killing. He mentions condemnation and judgement in John 8: 10-11. 

So, again, you see no irony in a biblical lesson presented in the form of Jesus addressing a crowd ready to judge and condemn a woman, when you start off a post with: 

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


HE HAS NO MORAL CHARACTER.
 
He is CORRUPT. 


Edited by agentwhale007 - 09 June 2011 at 4:11pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I never said weiner should be stoned, or even given a paper cut...
 

So judgement only counts as judgement if physical harm is involved? 

I don't remember that being in the bible. 

I do, however, know of verses like Luke 6:37. For some reason that verse doesn't say "Judge not and ye shall not be judged. Condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned . . ." with an addendum that says "Unless nobody's going to get physically hurt, then go right ahead." 

Quote Notice how one example the person is DEAD and my critique is only saying he should not be a public servant anymore.

I agree that he should have resigned. And I still think he should. 

However, I'm not shouting about his moral character either. He sinned. He is flawed, as every man is. And he openly admitted his sin of lying to the public, and asked for forgiveness. 

Quote Please point out the "irony" of my view as it has no bearing on a mob KILLING a woman for her sin,

The lesson is presented in John as a lesson on judgement and forgiveness, not a lesson on killing. The outcome of the judgement is not the issue. It's the judgement itself that Jesus is taking issue with. 

The lesson is presented as an angry mob with a prostitute, wishing to condemn her. Jesus addressed the crowd, saying they were all guilty, and that none of them have the right to act as a judge against her. Jesus doesn't even mention death or killing. He mentions condemnation and judgement in John 8: 10-11. 

So, again, you see no irony in a biblical lesson presented in the form of Jesus addressing a crowd ready to judge and condemn a woman, when you start off a post with: 

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


HE HAS NO MORAL CHARACTER.
 
He is CORRUPT. 
 


 
 
I don't think the passage was saying what you think it was saying.
 
Do you think Jesus was talking about "water" when he talked about giving the samaritan woman "living water"?
 
Of course he wasn't talking about physical water. Again, many of Jesus teachings go to the spiritual level (you know that aspect you mock me with every post you make since it is tagged as your signature) and "judgement" is the same thing.
 
We all will face the judgement He is talking about when we leave our earthly bodies and enter the spiritual realm.
 
Of course you don't believe in that, so you only think he is talking about earthly "judgement"... Just like you probably think he was talking about "water" that would never make you thirst again too....
 
To someone who opens their eyes to the truth of the Bible, and doesn't let the lies of "it is just a bunch of stories" deceive them... They can see that the "judgement" Jesus is talking about is spiritual judgement, not man's judgement.
 
And I'm glad you brought up Luke 6. Lots of very interesting verses in that passage.
 
22`God will make you happy when people hate you, when they will not let you belong to their group, when they say wrong things about you and make your name bad. God blesses you when it is for the sake of the Son of Man.
 
Man has  a certain way of thinking and acting. Of course we are not God, so we fall short of the way God thinks and acts... Clearly I wouldn't want to give my childs life for someone like weiner... But, God did...
 
So yeah, I have to think how can I be more like God in my actions. Well, I work on being like him and at times I fail. As I am not perfect.
 
But, there is a big difference between someone coming clean and apologizing for lying to the public  (when they are a public servant WORKING for the people) and trying to destroy breitbart by accusing him of hacking (a felony btw) when it wasn't true, and ONLY when proof of the lie came out did he THEN "apologize". (Which wouldn't seem very sincere to most people as clearly he was busted... And only when busted owned up, if that proof hadn't come do you think he would have apologized?)
 
So yeah, we both agree he should resign. The bad part of me wants him to stay in office just because it damages the credibility of the liberal democrats, as he is now the posterboy of "liberal morality".
 
When I should be...
 
27`But I say to you who hear, love your enemies. Do good things to those who hate you.

 28Bless those who use bad words about you. Ask God to do good to those who trouble you.

 29`If someone hits you on one side of your face, turn the other side also. `If someone takes your coat, let him have your shirt also.

 30`Give to every one who begs you for something.

 31`Do to other people what you want them to do to you.

 32If you love those who love you, what good is there in that? Even bad people love those who love them.

 33If you do good things to those who do good things to you, what good is there in that? Bad people do the same.

 34If you lend to those who will give to you, what good is there in that? Even bad people lend to bad people, if they think they will get the same from them.

 35`Love your enemies. Do good things. Lend to people and do not look to get anything back. You will be paid well. You will be sons of the Highest One. He is kind to those who do not thank him and to those who are bad.

 36So be kind like your Father.'

 37`Do not judge others and you will not be judged. Do not punish others, and you will not be punished. Let others go free and God will let you go free.

 
But, I am not the teacher... I am still a student trying to learn the ways of God. So reading further in that chapter helps put it all in perspective.
 
40The one who learns is not better than his teacher. But every one who learns will be like his teacher when his teacher has finished teaching him.
 
41`Why do you look at the small piece of dust in your brother's eye? And you do not see the big stick in your own eye.

 42How can you say to your brother, "Brother, let me take the dust out of your eye"? But you do not see the stick in your own eye. You are not true to yourselves! First take the stick out of your own eye. Then you will be able to see to take the dust out of your brother's eye.'

 43`A good tree does not have bad fruit. And also, a bad tree does not have good fruit.

 44Every kind of tree is known by its fruit. People do not pick fruit like figs from thorn trees. And they do not pick grapes from bramble bushes.

 45A good man has stored up good things in his heart, so he says good things. A bad man has stored up wrong things in his heart, so he will say wrong things. The mouth will say what is in the heart.'

 46`Why do you call me "Lord, Lord," but you do not do what I tell you?

 47`A person comes to me. He hears what I say and obeys me. I will show you who he is like.

 48He is like a man who built a house. He dug down deep in the ground and made it stand on a rock. The water in the river came up high. The water beat hard against the house. But the house did not move, because it was built on a rock.

 49A man hears what I say but does not obey me. He is like a man who built his house on top of the ground. He did not dig down deep. The water beat hard against it and it fell with a loud noise!'

 
 
And that sums up the whole issue. We have put elected officials that I warned you all would put us into an economic ruin. It would destroy jobs, kill the middle class, and wipe out the economy...
 
And yet, many of you knew better, and voted for the liberals.
 
Are you better off today than you were in 08? Many of you were young, so you don't know what the business world was like then... Trust me, it was nothing like the economic destruction we are facing today. Keynesian economics are a failed belief, "available" is the signage I see everywhere I turn in the business world. BECAUSE of the liberal "taking" from the so called "rich" to give to... Wait, who did they give it too? Oh yeah, "reward your friends and punish your enemies." Those are the words of Obama... 
 
Know the truth and the truth will set you free, as we see in these verses... We also see who is controlling those that lie...
 
 
John 8
31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

 33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

 34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.b]'>[b]”

 39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

   “If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you wouldc]'>[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

   “We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

 42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

 
 
 
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 2:39pm
Lucky for us the Bible is only a collection of stories and not actually what happens when we die. I feel that if I were constantly judging the rest of society on how it lives while also preaching about how no one has the right to judge me, my head would explode.
Back to Top
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Got me flowers for my birthday

Joined: 10 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4944
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 12:27pm
so....he may not resign, but i'm betting he's going to get kicked out of office...conduct unbecoming, etc...plus being a ny resident, i'd like to believe that he could be using this time more productively to do stuff to improve ceesman's and i's district.
Back to Top
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Actuarry it’s Skirret

Joined: 25 December 2004
Location: Liechtenstein
Status: Offline
Points: 9556
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 12:26pm
This thread... comedy.
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I never said weiner should be stoned, or even given a paper cut...
 

So judgement only counts as judgement if physical harm is involved? 

I don't remember that being in the bible. 

I do, however, know of verses like Luke 6:37. For some reason that verse doesn't say "Judge not and ye shall not be judged. Condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned . . ." with an addendum that says "Unless nobody's going to get physically hurt, then go right ahead." 

Quote Notice how one example the person is DEAD and my critique is only saying he should not be a public servant anymore.

I agree that he should have resigned. And I still think he should. 

However, I'm not shouting about his moral character either. He sinned. He is flawed, as every man is. And he openly admitted his sin of lying to the public, and asked for forgiveness. 

Quote Please point out the "irony" of my view as it has no bearing on a mob KILLING a woman for her sin,

The lesson is presented in John as a lesson on judgement and forgiveness, not a lesson on killing. The outcome of the judgement is not the issue. It's the judgement itself that Jesus is taking issue with. 

The lesson is presented as an angry mob with a prostitute, wishing to condemn her. Jesus addressed the crowd, saying they were all guilty, and that none of them have the right to act as a judge against her. Jesus doesn't even mention death or killing. He mentions condemnation and judgement in John 8: 10-11. 

So, again, you see no irony in a biblical lesson presented in the form of Jesus addressing a crowd ready to judge and condemn a woman, when you start off a post with: 

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


HE HAS NO MORAL CHARACTER.
 
He is CORRUPT. 
 




Edited by agentwhale007 - 09 June 2011 at 12:21pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 12:16pm
As to the question of "how would Jesus know these peoples sins to be able to write them on the ground?"...
 
Well, we already have a similar example in John 4 the story of the woman at the well.
 
Now Jews, and Samaritans didn't comingle at all during this time period. And the time of day people went to the well was in the MORNING or evening, as it was HOT, hard work. But, the outcasts of society who didn't want to deal with ridicule would go during the heat of the day so they didn't have to face the torment of the other people in the town since the well was a meeting place for everyone. (that background is necessary for the story to make sense).
 

John 4

Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman
 1 Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John— 2 although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples. 3 So he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.

 4 Now he had to go through Samaria. 5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

 7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” 8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

 9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.a]'>[a])

 10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

 11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

 13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

 15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

 16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

 17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

   Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

 19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

   21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

 25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

 26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

The Disciples Rejoin Jesus
 27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, “What do you want?” or “Why are you talking with her?”

 28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?” 30 They came out of the town and made their way toward him.

 31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, “Rabbi, eat something.”

 32 But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”

 33 Then his disciples said to each other, “Could someone have brought him food?”

   34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. 37 Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

Many Samaritans Believe
 39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers.

 42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


Now the Bible doesn't say, but this was a mob ready to stone this woman, and mobs (liberals) get their power from groups where they can destroy.
 

So, in your opinion, those wishing to convict and stone the woman in John 8 were liberals? 

And you don't see the irony, at all here, of you posting John 8, Jesus's lesson on forgiveness in the place of judgement, in the same thread (and even same post) you said things like: 

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


HE HAS NO MORAL CHARACTER.
 
He is CORRUPT. 





 
 
And as usual, you don't see the point.
 
What was the mob going to do to the woman?...
 
KILL HER.
 
 
That is very different from expecting a sitting congressman to resign when confronted with the FACT that said person is a liar, and corrupt.
 
I never said weiner should be stoned, or even given a paper cut...
 
Notice how one example the person is DEAD and my critique is only saying he should not be a public servant anymore.
 
That isn't "judging" him... God will do that when weiners meets God for his day of judgement, as we all will.
 
He admitted to his wrongdoing and lies. It is clear that he is corrupt. Corrupt public servants should not be in office.
 
They shouldn't be killed for their corruption... I'm not even asking for him to go to jail. But, he shouldn't be a public servant anymore.
 
Please point out the "irony" of my view as it has no bearing on a mob KILLING a woman for her sin, when they were all sinners as well, and many scholars conject that each member of the "mob" were also guilty of the exact same crime...
 
As many of us are also guilty of doing things like the congressman did.
 
But, there are only 435 congressman, and I think we should hold them to a higher level of personal conduct. You know lying to everyone over and over for a week kind of disqualifies you for that kind of office I should think.
 
 
 
You want irony... Watch this video of Weiner from the healthcare debate...
 
 
He is now the poster boy for liberal democrat congressman who lie and manipulate facts to fit their criteria regardless of the truth, and then don't quit when they admit their wrongdoing...
 
Clearly there is a huge moral difference between the liberal democratic party and the RHINO republican/republican party.


Edited by FreeEnterprise - 09 June 2011 at 12:10pm
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Time for a C-Section!

Joined: 15 November 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4810
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 11:55am
What does the Torah say about this?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!


Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 11:53am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


Now the Bible doesn't say, but this was a mob ready to stone this woman, and mobs (liberals) get their power from groups where they can destroy.
 

So, in your opinion, those wishing to convict and stone the woman in John 8 were liberals? 

And you don't see the irony, at all here, of you posting John 8, Jesus's lesson on forgiveness in the place of judgement, in the same thread (and even same post) you said things like: 

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


HE HAS NO MORAL CHARACTER.
 
He is CORRUPT. 





"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 11:24am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

How exactly do you blackmail someone by threatening to expose them for something that is now public knowledge?

?
 
 
Well, clearly this guy has a problem with young women... And never in history have nefarious people who know that someone has a sex problem used that to gain influence or blackmail them...
 
oh wait... Yes... yes they have...
 
I guess you think he wouldn't do something that stupid after yesterday... oh wait, clearly he would since yesterday happened from his stupid decisions...
I'll speak slower so you can understand.
 
How can the media report that he was a blackmail risk until he admitted that the did it? Doing so prior would be biased. And once he admitted he did it, he is no longer a blackmail risk. It actually goes to show how unbiased the media is in the fact that they waited until he admitted he did it. Had they called him a blackmail risk prior to his admittance would have been akin to declaring someone guilty without a trial.  
 
And isnt Christianity all about giving people the benefit of a doubt and not casting judgement on other? Isnt that for God to to do? As mentioned, he is not your elected representative. He has not broken any laws that I am aware of. And frankly, his personal life is none of our freaking business.
I'm not the one with the "understanding" problem.
 
We were talking about the news articles AFTER he admitted what he did. Go back and READ the thread...
 
AFTER he admitted he is a HUGE LIAR, and has sent pornography over state lines. He is now clearly a perfect target to anyone who wants a congressman in his pocket as all they have to do is drop a pretty young woman in front of him and they will get him.
 
HE HAS NO MORAL CHARACTER.
 
He is CORRUPT. (of course in your comments that isn't "breaking any laws"...)
 
Having a completely corrupt member of congress is our business, as he is a "public servant" who clearly only cares about himself.
 
I did find the video below interesting as I consider why people would say that it is none of our business, and who cares if he is a corrupt lying politician. Clearly that is one of the "values" that the left holds dear!
 
 
Let us look at the impact of my Christian views on this discussion... Did Christ die for his sins... Clearly and he would have done that if wiener were the only man on earth! But, does that mean we should ignore his choices in life? Of course not, we should look at the fruit of people and see if they produce good fruit or bad fruit, and that is what shows "who" we belong to...
 
I would rather a person who is "trying" to lead a good and pure life as my public servant than a person who has no regard for honesty even when caught lying continues to lie...
 
"no man can serve two masters"... comes to mind.
 
James 3
 
 1 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.
 
John 8
 
2Early the next morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him. He sat down and taught them.

 3The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman to Jesus. They had caught her having sex with a man who was not her husband. They made the woman stand in front of them.

 4They said, `Teacher, this woman has committed adultery. She was caught doing it.

 5The law of Moses tells us that the people who do that should be killed with stones. What do you say?'

 6They said this to see what Jesus would do, because they wanted to find something wrong with him. Jesus bent down and wrote on the ground with his finger.

 7They kept on asking him. He stood up and said to them, `The one among you who has never done any wrong thing may throw the first stone at her.'

 8And Jesus bent down again and wrote on the ground.

 9When the people heard what he said, they went out, one by one. The oldest one went out first. Jesus was left alone with the woman in front of him.

 10Jesus looked up and said to her, `Woman, where are the people? Has no one judged you?'

 11She said, `No one, Sir.' Jesus said, `I also do not judge you. Go, and do no wrong thing again.'

 
 
Now the Bible doesn't say, but this was a mob ready to stone this woman, and mobs (liberals) get their power from groups where they can destroy.
 
What do you think that Jesus wrote on the ground that caused this mob ready to stone this woman to stop their vicious attack on her?...
 
I think he wrote the names of the people that these mobsters had sinned with on the ground. Starting with the oldest. And I bet the list was long...
 
As a mob doesn't disperse until you pick each member out individually and show them THEIR issues.
 
But, notice what Jesus says, "I also do not judge you, go and do no wrong thing again."
 
He was teaching us a lesson on forgiveness. He could have judged her, but life is a series of choices... judgement for those choices from God comes at the END of your life... Not before.
 
But, here on earth we have society and rules of law, that are set up and should keep our society in check, it is what keeps congressman from having child harems in their homes...
 
God's judgement will come for each of us (some sooner rather than later as we never know the time we will die, and odds are someone on this board dies every few years). At that point our choices (to be children of God or not) will result in our judgement. This isn't "mean" or hatespeech it is a fact. Sad thing is, even if you don't believe in God, you still have to face that judgement...
 
And being a "good" person has nothing to do with your eternity. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"
 
The entire passage of Romans 3 ties in with this discussion...
 

Romans 3

God’s Faithfulness
 1 What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? 2 Much in every way! First of all, the Jews have been entrusted with the very words of God.

 3 What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness? 4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written:

   “So that you may be proved right when you speak
   and prevail when you judge.”a]'>[a]

 5 But if our unrighteousness brings out God’s righteousness more clearly, what shall we say? That God is unjust in bringing his wrath on us? (I am using a human argument.) 6 Certainly not! If that were so, how could God judge the world? 7 Someone might argue, “If my falsehood enhances God’s truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?” 8 Why not say—as some slanderously claim that we say—“Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is just!

No One Is Righteous
 9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:

   “There is no one righteous, not even one;
 11 there is no one who understands;
   there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
   they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
   not even one.”b]'>[b]
13 “Their throats are open graves;
   their tongues practice deceit.”c]'>[c]
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”d]'>[d]
 14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”e]'>[e]
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
 16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.”f]'>[f]
 18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”g]'>[g]

 19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Righteousness Through Faith
 21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith inh]'>[h] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,i]'>[i] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

 27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

 
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Time for a C-Section!

Joined: 15 November 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4810
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 10:13am
Originally posted by jimmy900623 jimmy900623 wrote:

well. i have got the link,
think you for your information,
 have a nice day.
 friend.Smile

你為垃圾郵件被報告了。謝謝您的貢獻,現在去模具。
Enjoy!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!


Back to Top
jimmy900623 View Drop Down
Member
Member

spam bot

Joined: 09 June 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy900623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 2:02am
well. i have got the link,
think you for your information,
 have a nice day.
 friend.Smile
Back to Top
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Dead man...

Joined: 02 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8925
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 11:03pm
Guess that's another reason I can't run for office....
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 7:16pm
Adam Richman, the guy form Man vs. Food, tweeted today: 

"I'm truly sympathetic to Rep. Anthony Weiner's plight w/ pic scandal & hope it serves as a cautionary tale to Rep. Henrietta Vagina."
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9819
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 7:12pm
^^^ Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

I think that this story will end up politically neutering Weiner.


Edited by Mack - 07 June 2011 at 7:13pm
Back to Top
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
And my axe...

Joined: 21 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6831
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 6:44pm
"Boehner silent on Weiner"

"Weiner will rise again"

"Pelosi requests Weiner probe"

"Over half of NYC wants Weiner out"

And for Whale-"Weinergate."

Greatest. Story. Ever.
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

 
So you've given up on that silly journalism thing and have decided to be a self-employed BMXer/faith healer instead?  LOL

I don't have the teeth for the evangelical gigs. 

Have you seen Joel Osteen? I've never seen teeth that bright and straight in my entire life, not even in promotional posters for toothpaste. 

They're almost . . . divine. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9819
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

I called them big for a reason. This no longer deserves the attention of a breaking news story. I did not say they should stop covering it, merely that they should devote the kind of attention weiner got to more important issues. By more important issues I mean those affecting more than just Rep. Weiner's constituency.


Of course it should continue to be treated as a big story . . . it's about Weiner's wiener; it just can't be ignored or downplayed.  (You only get stories with this so much win potential a few times a century . . . it can't be wasted.)

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


Come on whale, if you want to be a journalist, 


I'll also take the time to address that this is no longer an accurate assumption. 


So you've given up on that silly journalism thing and have decided to be a self-employed BMXer/faith healer instead?  LOL


Edited by Mack - 07 June 2011 at 6:08pm
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.