Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 Barrel Selection Again......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jkimbrell35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkimbrell35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 Barrel Selection Again......
    Posted: 14 May 2011 at 12:25am
I've read a lot of posts about A5 barrels and I was curious if the j&j ceramic barrels are plenty good enough when compared to carbon fiber and some of the other high grade barrels including the tippmann flatline.  I plan on replacing the barrel, adding a stock, installing an expansion chamber if you guys feel it's worth it, and replacing the soft paddles for the hopper.  Also, is it worth upgrading the piston housing and ratchet?  Kicking around the idea of the hall e grip too.  What are ya'lls thoughts?

Edited by Jkimbrell35 - 14 May 2011 at 12:40am
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 11:08am
J&J barrels are good barrels.  You just need to make sure you have a good paint to bore match.  The Flatline barrel is a specialty barrel.  It requires some tuning (velocity settings) to get a good effect.  The TechT (http://www.techtpaintball.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3260) upgrades for the A-5 are nice.  I have all of them on my A-5.  If you are planning on using an e-grip to increase your rate of fire while using C02, an expansion chamber or regulator is a must.  I have moved on to High Pressure Air for my setup.  I can ramp my A-5 to 20bps with no shootdown or velocity spikes and no ball chops.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkimbrell35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:49pm
what do you mean by "right paint"?  I'm dumb and dont know anything bout this stuff yet bro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 10:07am
Basically not all paint is the same size.  Even though it is marked as .68 caliber, there are varying differences from manufacturer to manufacturer.  Some paint may at or slightly larger than .68 (.682, .685) and others may be larger (.688, .689, .690,etc.).  You'll want a paint that most closely matches the inner diameter of your barrel.  You don't want paint that will block your barrel or paint that will just roll out.  Paint that is too small or too big can cause accuracy or breaking issues.  The only exception is the Tippmann Flatline barrel.  Those prefer smaller bore paint. 

Here is a couple of charts on paintball sizes and barrel sizes.  It is a little old, but still good info to check out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkimbrell35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 7:31pm
Call me stupid but I bought the flatline, hall e grip, techt cyclone upgrade kit, MP5 sliding stock. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkimbrell35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 7:37pm
Since I bought the flatline what paint should I run through it.  I know you said the smaller rounds are best but i cannot make anything out with that chart you posted.  What paint would you run through it?
Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 3:00pm
something with harder shell
the flatline is a bit hard on paint but all good some ppl love it some other dont

also for the cyclone upgrade
i have my cyclone stock and never upgraded and have NOT ever had a chop or a busted ball in there
so upgrades are there but unneeded
what i did instead of buying the squishy paddles was just boil them for a lil bit like 3-4mins
and they will be softer

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkimbrell35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:24pm
dude seriously i don't know anything about paintball right now.  you say something with a harder shell and another guy says to use smaller rounds.  Can someone using the flatline chime in and let me know what you are using.  Thanks
Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:38pm
Have you even looked at paintballs? You know they have a brittle shell on the outside to keepthe paint in
I said use omes with a harder shell, what dont you get?
When you go buy paint ask the guy what would be best for my flatline!

Buy a box of paint and see how you like it and how it shoots and go from there

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkimbrell35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 2:05pm
someone other than this guy please reply with which paint you are running please.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 11:29am
High $$, Evil.  Low $$(Walmart) Visual Impact Scenario grade run great through flatlines.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Jkimbrell35 Jkimbrell35 wrote:

someone other than this guy please reply with which paint you are running please.
 What part of the chart don't you understand?

I've had good luck with PMI Marbalizers in my Flatline. 
DPack23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPack23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2011 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Jkimbrell35 Jkimbrell35 wrote:

dude seriously i don't know anything about paintball right now.  you say something with a harder shell and another guy says to use smaller rounds.  Can someone using the flatline chime in and let me know what you are using.  Thanks

I feel your pain man...LOL
thenewday007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenewday007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 1:33am
It's my first time to come here.Haha,Nice to meet everybody.I learn from my friends that this forum is very interesting.

cheap wow gold | Buy runescape gold | Buy RS Gold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2011 at 3:11am
Bat signal
PartsTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PartsTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 2:41pm
I have always used Marbalizer paintballs in my Flatline.   You need a paintball that is consistently round and as heavy as possible.   This will cause a consistent spin of the ball...which creates..... drum roll.... consistent accuracy.
Ken
Tech at TippmannParts.com
Everything Tippmann is our Specialty
monsterhats View Drop Down
Spamqueen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterhats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 2:43am
-Deleted-Spam-Advertising

Edited by pepprdog - 17 February 2012 at 9:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic