Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Phenom cfs o-ring leak, repeats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ManEHawke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManEHawke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Phenom cfs o-ring leak, repeats
    Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:15am
I've replaced the CFS o-ring 3 times. The first time it lasted a good 2 games, and leaked again. After that the new o-ring will last, about half a hopper of paint. They get slight tears.
I always make sure to add a good amount of grease to the o-ring. I checked the bore where the CFS hose fitting slides into, and it does not look rough, or burred. I would think if this were the case it would fail immediately.
Thanks for any advice to fix my Phenom.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:43pm
It wouldn't necessarily fail immediately if there's a tiny burr in there or something. A small nick in an o-ring will eventually start to leak, especially in a low-pressure situation like the cyclone air line.

I'd look in there again with a good flashlight or something. Or just get some steel wool, roll up a bit into a tube, stick it in there and polish the area up. Just make sure you either blow the CRAP out of the area with a can of air or something or do it with the valve dissassembled. That usually takes care of little problem areas that are slicing o-rings.

Edited by Enos Shenk - 12 May 2011 at 10:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic