Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

General Pro/Carb Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrmre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General Pro/Carb Questions
    Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:38pm
I have a Pro/Carb somewhere I'd like to refurbish, and was wondering about the possibility of using the newer valve/powertube+housing/hammer inside the pro/carb.

I don't have the resources yet to do the investigative work with physical parts, but I am quite familiar with the internals and noticed they all follow a pretty standard setup.

My main concern is if the interior of the Pro/Carb is the same diameter as say an a5 or even a Carver one.

Also.. could an old style a5 lower assembly be adapted to the Pro/Carb?
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:32pm
Well... yes. All of Tippmanns markers sans Phenom and TPX are identitical to the Pro/Carb. Sadly, all of the parts are not the same. I believe only the bolt, ball latch, and a few small things can interchange. www.tippmannparts.com should have whatever seals and parts you need. Pro/Carbs are cool, have fun with it.

You can also mod a R/T into the stock pistol grip of a P/C. I have not done it, but I know it can be done.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:46pm
There's no way a modern (IE non-Carbine) valve or powertube will fit into a carbine reciever. If the valve you've got in it isn't having problems there's no reason to really tear it open for a cleaning though. It's not too difficult though if you decide to have a go at it, and the procedure is almost identical for a 98 valve.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic