Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Response Trigger in New A-5 Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Y7ke2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y7ke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Response Trigger in New A-5 Problem
    Posted: 17 April 2011 at 4:32pm
I just got a new A-5 tippmann and i was putting in a response trigger and i couldn't figure out why it wasn't working then i looked and saw that the piston in the handle won't connect to the bottom of the upper portion of the gun. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if you know how to fix it.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 6:39pm
Assuming you are using a stock Tippmann trigger, the piston should extend and contact the flat protrusion on the back of the trigger once the system is aired up and fired.

If it fails to do so, you aren't getting air to the response trigger and need to adjust the flow control valve.
Y7ke2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y7ke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 10:28pm
ya. but the part is that the piston isn't connecting to the flow connector fitting.so there is no way for it to extend the piston.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 11:46pm
Are you saying that the flow connector fitting in the grip frame isn't mating with the internal portion of the flow control valve contained in the receiver when the grip is attached?  If so, we probably will need a picture to figure out why.
Y7ke2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y7ke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 1:23am
yes thats what i mean. and im kinda new to this site and not sure how to put up a picture. But the tippmann 7x piston looks like it would work for the response trigger in my marker.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 11:46am
^^^ That makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever.  You stated your marker was an A5 and you're talking X7 parts.  While the piston part of the X7 and A5 response triggers are probably identical (they share the same part number), the connecting parts between the grip and upper receiver are not and do not appear to be interchangeable.

Edit: There are instructions posted for how to put up pictures; you should be able to find them with a bit of searching.

Second Edit: To correct misstatement and add information.

Third Edit: To ask a question:  Are the response trigger parts you have (specifically the flow control valve and piston cylinder) connected by a short black hose?

Edited by Mack - 19 April 2011 at 12:28pm
Y7ke2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y7ke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 2:18pm
im sorry im confusing you.
i am not sure what they mean by adding an address for the picture when its on my pc there is no address.

There is no black hose from the flow control valve to the piston cylinder. the piece sticking up in the back of the piston wasn't reaching the flow control valve.

With the x7 the back end piece of the x7 piston looked like it was sticking up far enough that it would be able to reach the flow control valve but wasn't sure if it would work in a A-5(my gun).

Solution- I called tippmann and i guess they have to send a part for the r/trigger to make it work in the new models.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Y7ke2 Y7ke2 wrote:

im sorry im confusing you.
i am not sure what they mean by adding an address for the picture when its on my pc there is no address.

Pics have to be hosted at a photo-hosting site.

There is no black hose from the flow control valve to the piston cylinder. the piece sticking up in the back of the piston wasn't reaching the flow control valve.

With the x7 the back end piece of the x7 piston looked like it was sticking up far enough that it would be able to reach the flow control valve but wasn't sure if it would work in a A-5(my gun).

Solution- I called tippmann and i guess they have to send a part for the r/trigger to make it work in the new models.

Let us know what they sent you so we'll be able to answer if the question comes up again.  (I'm assuming you have one of the new updated A5s?  If so, it would make sense that perhaps the X7 part would work.  My understanding was the R/T for the X7 was designed to be more robust.  Tippmann might have decided to standardize the new A5 to use the X7 R/T for reasons such as simplifying production by cutting down on models or to improve customer service by providing a superior product.)

Edited by Mack - 20 April 2011 at 1:33am
Y7ke2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y7ke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 9:17pm
Ok so im guessing there are site that allow you to put pictures on them to put them in forums such as this one?

Yes, its an updated A-5 and i will let ya know as soon as i recieve it.
Y7ke2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y7ke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 1:13pm
below is the X7 piston Stud and below that is why my R-trigger wasn't working. it fixed it and was free from tippmann

Edited by Y7ke2 - 23 April 2011 at 1:18pm
Y7ke2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y7ke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 1:16pm
Y7ke2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y7ke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 1:17pm
BradNowell View Drop Down
Not sensitive to others needs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 8:56pm
I have the same problem. What is the name of the part/ part number.
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
Yequan View Drop Down
Die spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yequan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 9:25pm
You mean, in the grip frame do not meet current connections within the flow control valve, in the receiver an additional part of the grip mate? If so, we may need a picture to find out why.
Y7ke2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y7ke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:45pm
above is the picture of why it wouldn't work and above that is the part that i got. its a flow control valve from an x7 phenom
Y7ke2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y7ke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:45pm
FA-07 o ring buna safety 1/8 x 1
02-82 stud gasket response
TA10057 x7 rt piston stud
jonpeter001 View Drop Down

Spammobotto

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonpeter001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 2:40am
I highly recomend this over the e-trigger!!!
The minimal tinkering you have to do is so minor it shouldn't even be mentioned.
I have a A-5 with response and a X-7 with e-trigger(jsut sold) and I would take my RT any day over the battery powered ET.....also if your using only one tank you won't have the tinkering issues, just invest in a decent HP HPA tank and call it a day no more issues!!!
jonpeter001 View Drop Down

Spammobotto

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonpeter001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 2:42am
Has nothing to do with the R/T, you either have a bad rear bolt o-ring, your low on air (if so i dub you stupid), or your sear is worn out. Try replacing your bolt o-ring first, lube and clean your gun, and while you at it polishing your internals wouldnt be a bad idea, after that put a few drops of oil in the ASA and air up the gun. If that isnt the problem check your sear and rear bolt for extreme wear (doubt that would be it), if it is too worn to catch the bolt properly then you need a new rear bolt/sear.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic