Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann A5 apex barrel.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tippmann A5 apex barrel.....
    Posted: 09 April 2011 at 4:48pm
I have original  BT apex barrel 11" on my tippmann A5  and my friend have apex on lapco barrel 12" 690. on tippmann 98.
A lot of people saying that buying lapco barrel you will get more on precision not on range, but when i tryed to shoot from my apex barrel and then from my friend lapco apex barrel 690. , that barrel was not only more accurate it had more range then my apex barrel when shooting so is it true that you will get more on range  buying lapco or I have some problem with my apex ? we  playing on HP and we have same paint. 
sorry on spelling......

jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 5:06pm
THe accuracy thing wont be that one barrel is better than the other. His barrel bore size may have matched the ball size better and that could be why. Or depending on if you two had different FPS set at the time that could have also been the reason. Also you two both are using the Apex tips, but were you both on the same apex setting?
 Read this: http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=163015
 mainly the barrel section but the whole thread is quite helpful.

Edited by jordanpischke - 09 April 2011 at 5:10pm
Vesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 5:48pm
YES, we both where on same apex settings,
I was comparing my barrel and his, and it can see with eye that his barrel bore size is smaller then my :)

----------------
Of course, with the Apex you can turn off the spin and use it as a normal barrel.  However, most Apex users are unimpressed with the basic straight barrel part of the system.  (Which is why Lapco makes an Apex-Ready Bigshot barrel and several companies make adapters that allow the Apex tip to be put on other barrels.)
---------------
thx  for this.... 
but also I wanna to hear something from ppl that played on apex bt and lapco mybe they can confirm that with lapco you get more range shooting.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 6:21pm
The only 2 things that give you more range barrel wise is the flatline or Apex tip because it puts a back spin on the ball. Just having a lapco barrel with an apex tip compared to an apex barrel with the same tip the range should be the same. as long as your velocity settings are the same.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Vesh Vesh wrote:

I have original  BT apex barrel 11" on my tippmann A5  and my friend have apex on lapco barrel 12" 690. on tippmann 98.
A lot of people saying that buying lapco barrel you will get more on precision not on range, but when i tryed to shoot from my apex barrel and then from my friend lapco apex barrel 690. , that barrel was not only more accurate it had more range then my apex barrel when shooting so is it true that you will get more on range  buying lapco or I have some problem with my apex ? we  playing on HP and we have same paint. 
sorry on spelling......

This brings up a few questions:
  • Were the barrels on different markers or did you swap them out on the same marker?
  • If they were on different markers, were the markers chronoed the same?
  • If they were swapped out on the same marker, was the marker rechronoed after the swap?
Vesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 6:22am
This brings up a few questions:
  • Were the barrels on different markers or did you swap them out on the same marker? different,one on A5 other on 98
  • If they were on different markers, were the markers chronoed the same? that is problem, on last measurement my was 290 A5 , and his 98 was on 300 i think, so definitely that is the problem :) I will try to put that barrel on other tippmann and see, or rechrono my .
  • If they were swapped out on the same marker, was the marker rechronoed after the swap?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic