Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where does this O-Ring go?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dklax77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dklax77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where does this O-Ring go?
    Posted: 06 April 2011 at 1:37pm
I've got my friend's Tippmann 98 Custom that he asked me to clean but I'm having some problems putting it back together. It's not a standard 98 Custom, it has two springs behind the rear bolt as you can see in the pic which makes me think it is a 98 Custom with ACT (Anti Chop Technology). 

What I am trying to figure out is where this random black O-ring goes. I can't seem to figure it out with this manual so does anyone know where it goes? Any help is appreciated.

Edited by dklax77 - 06 April 2011 at 1:52pm
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 1:47pm
???which O ring? Drop box wants a membership, can you photograph and post it in photobucket and then attach it here in the forum?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 1:48pm
the pic doesnt work but I think i know what you mean. Im pretty sure the black o ring goes around the middle/center spring by the bolt. If you are talking about the buffer o ring which i think you are. It's on the manual you posted here look at the end cap and right beside it is the buffer o ring.
dklax77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dklax77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 1:51pm
My bad. I've updated the original post with the picture

Edited by dklax77 - 06 April 2011 at 1:52pm
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 1:52pm
ya man thats the buffer o ring

you can see it goes around the center spring

Edited by jordanpischke - 06 April 2011 at 1:58pm
SlaterX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlaterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:28pm
Yes i would have to agree with Jordan. It would be the buffer ring Thumbs Up....good thing for YOUTUBE eh lol
Zero Kick Hammer-Rufus Dawg Wicked Bolt-Madd Man Spring Kit-Full TectT cyclone upgrade-APE Rampage Board-Lapco Stainless Steel Cocking Knob-ACT upgrade-Polished Internals...Snipers Get More Head!!!
dklax77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dklax77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:45pm
alright thanks for the replys. that's what i originally thought it was but it just seemed out to have it loosly around the spring
Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:55pm
ya it just helps with the hammer when you shoot
trust me it confuses alot of ppl
but all good

and slater see that is the ACT spring right above the other spring see how it goes into the end cap?
thats how it should be set up!

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION
SlaterX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlaterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:13pm
yeah it looks the same as the Bravo One. I'm thinking they just sent two long springs instead of one long an one shorter one, cause when i tried to put it back together it was all bent over and fully compressed. The only thing i see that i missed was the new buffer ring they sent with ACT kit. It is a little smaller and thicker then the stack one that came out of it. Ill take it apart this weekend and put the one they sent in. Oh yeah was i suppose to mill out anything on the receiver? not sure if anyone answered that question. 
Zero Kick Hammer-Rufus Dawg Wicked Bolt-Madd Man Spring Kit-Full TectT cyclone upgrade-APE Rampage Board-Lapco Stainless Steel Cocking Knob-ACT upgrade-Polished Internals...Snipers Get More Head!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic