Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Coalition Drone, Shot Down Over Iran Nuke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Coalition Drone, Shot Down Over Iran Nuke
    Posted: 19 March 2011 at 7:52pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43819984/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/

Edited by impulse418 - 20 July 2011 at 12:04pm
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 8:03pm
Money>American lives, apparently. 
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 8:10pm
I'll spend the extra cash on some missiles...if putting troops on the ground can be avoided, i'm not going to complain
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

American lives> Public outrage> Troops get pulled from all sandboxes.

How are we justified to think what is right and what is wrong. It's their country, let them kill each other.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

How are we justified to think what is right and what is wrong. It's their country, let them kill each other.

This. We should have let them all kill each other in other countries too...Iraq comes to mind.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:32pm
How else do you increase demand on military production? Gotta use some of it.

I also lol'd at this:

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

This. We should have let them all kill each other in other countries too...Iraq comes to mind.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:00pm
What I want to know is where all the liberal outrage is against the naked aggression our war-mongering president has shown against the poor Libyan government.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

What I want to know is where all the liberal outrage is against the naked aggression our war-mongering president has shown against the poor Libyan government.

Quite a bit of it going around that I can see, particularly on the Twitter. I've also seen it on Fark and Facebook. 

Also, the level of paranoid in this thread, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being an AM radio personality on a cocktail of cocaine and Vyvanse, is currently at about an 8.3. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:21pm
I think your scale is horrible flawed Whale. I don't see any paranoia, if anything I see a balance between making jokes and general annoyance at "hey, those are our moneys..."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I think your scale is horrible flawed Whale. I don't see any paranoia, if anything I see a balance between making jokes and general annoyance at "hey, those are our moneys..."

I was referring to impulse mostly. 

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:27pm

Not a fan of war, and I hope that another isn't started, but at least they're not saying "BUT LIKE DUDES WE HAVE TO GET ThE WMDS TAHT ARE TOTALLY THERE"
Que pasa?

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:34pm
What's really ridiculous is the OMG IT'S OBAMA'S IRAQ that I keep seeing on conservative sites (I'm looking at you Drudge). Both sides are so eager to see the other one fail politically that they literally hope for repeats of the same catastrophic bad decisions. This is so not Iraq it's not even funny.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Not a fan of war, and I hope that another isn't started, but at least they're not saying "BUT LIKE DUDES WE HAVE TO GET ThE WMDS TAHT ARE TOTALLY THERE"

Good point.  There is even less apparent justification for this action than there was for "Bush's wars" and yet the press is not savaging the President.

My guess is that they figure this is his chance to finally earn that Nobel Prize.

Edited by Mack - 19 March 2011 at 10:42pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

What's really ridiculous is the OMG IT'S OBAMA'S IRAQ that I keep seeing on conservative sites (I'm looking at you Drudge). Both sides are so eager to see the other one fail politically that they literally hope for repeats of the same catastrophic bad decisions. This is so not Iraq it's not even funny.

If anything this is most like the Balkans in the 90s with Clinton. It seems like our contribution is going to be blasting some missiles. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:43pm

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

What I want to know is where all the liberal outrage is
against the naked aggression our war-mongering president has shown
against the poor Libyan government.
Not a fan of war, and I hope that another isn't started,
but at least they're not saying "BUT LIKE DUDES WE HAVE TO GET ThE WMDS
TAHT ARE TOTALLY THERE"
Good point.  There is even less apparent justification for this action than there was for "Bush's wars" and yet the press is not savaging the President.My guess is that they figure this is his chance to finally earn that Nobel Prize.

What do you mean there's less justification? They took out air defence systems to help allies enforce a no-fly zone.

This is actually really, really straightforward from the sounds of it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:46pm

yet the press is not savaging the President.

Wars (Or military exercises, what have you) have honeymoons. If you'll recall, the NYT has been heavily criticized for essentially being an executive lapdog for most of 2003-2004, just accepting the claims of WMD stockpiles as truth and never questioning harshly any alternative motives for entering Iraq. 

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:55pm
I'm putting my head back in the sand until I get drafted. 

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 11:10pm
What this is is the first time the international community has really taken the concept of Responsibility to Protect seriously, and enforced it with a proper Chapter 7 U.N. mandate followed by military action. The correct precedent is being set, and after this, expectations will be higher for developed states to intervene when acts of atrocity are underway.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I was referring to impulse mostly. 

And you didn't even see the post I deleted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic