FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Coalition Drone, Shot Down Over Iran Nuke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Clearly you need to go back and read what I wrote and what you wrote as you're now arguing against yourself.

OMG . . . he'll go blind . . .

. . . or something.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 6:11pm
Not quite.  I disagreed with your position.  You countered with an extreme, outlandish analogy.  I countered with my own extreme outlandish analogy that had the added effect of labeling you as a Nazi sympathizer.  You missed it.  

As for your question of why we didn't attack years ago, do you think it could possibly have something to do with the change in our country's leadership?  Or how about the fact that we now have an organised indigenous resistance on the ground that is willing do the bulk of the fighting?  

You are way over simplifying the world when you put governments into only two groups, "civilian killers" and "not civilian killers". 
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 6:17pm
I said just because someone is a rebel doesn't make them good.

You disagreed, meaning you think any and every rebel is good.

I gave an example, that whilst unlikely, proves my point that just because they are a rebel, doesn't mean they're in the right.

GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 6:43pm
Ah, but that isn't what you said.  
just because we don't agree with the government doesn't make the rebels 'right'. 

This phrase has an entirely different meaning than what you just said you said.  

But, as much fun as this is, I'll state my position clearly for you before you misinterpret it further.  It is my position that if we disagree with a government, then the group that is rebelling against said government is "right."  Obviously there are going to be caveats if we disagree with the rebels or they are killing babies, minorities, etc.  

What I find interesting though, is that your first analogy (regardless of how silly) shows that you at least understood the "if we disagree with the government" part of my position from the beginning, yet you interpreted my position in your above post to clearly exclude that factor.  
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 1:00am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 4:39pm
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 12:07am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I'll leave this here

Amusing how everyone keeps reposting that with him listed as 'The Libyan rebel leader' when he's nothing of the sort. I've looked into it and can find no reference to him outside of that specific story. Nor is there any reference of him chronologically prior to this report came out.

With 10-12k combatants on the side of the uprising, I'm unconcerned about 25 former Jihadists. I'm much more concerned with the eventual form of the Libyan government and how Ghaddafi will be replaced. It is, however, inevitable that in any massive social uprising there will be at least a small amount of Jihadist influence. I expect the Muslim Brotherhood will be one of the big players in Egypt's election too, for that matter.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 2:58pm
So... I am not reading through seven pages, since it seems as 75% of it is arguing, LOL TWO WEEKS, and ZOMG TERRORISTS.

With that said... What do many of you think is the reason for NATO involvement? I am thinking its one of these few things

1. An attempt of NATO to get "them" to like "us" so that when rebels take over the country, it isnt a Jihad breeding ground.

2. Oil

3. An attempt to throw a puppet government into power.

Thoughts?
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Thoughts?

Have we ever missed a chance?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

Thoughts?

Have we ever missed a chance?

Yes we have . . . every presidential election Kermit the Frog (along with Micky Mouse and others) is a write-in candidate but doesn't get enough votes.

Oh wait . . . that would be a muppet government . . . never mind.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 4:26pm
A puppet muppet gubmet?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:19pm

So... I am not reading through seven pages, since it seems as 75% of it is arguing, LOL TWO WEEKS, and ZOMG TERRORISTS.

With that said... What do many of you think is the reason for NATO involvement? I am thinking its one of these few things

1. An attempt of NATO to get "them" to like "us" so that when rebels take over the country, it isnt a Jihad breeding ground.

2. Oil

Thoughts?

All 3 Bob.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 1:08pm
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57032.html

I think Obama set up the Executive branch as a L.L.C.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57032.html

When I saw the headline on Fark about a lawsuit concerning Libya, I had an internal struggle as to who I thought was going to be leading said charge - Dennis Kucinich or Ron Paul. I went back and forth for a minute before settling on Kucinich and clicking.

Enjoyment in life is in the little victories.

I'm also glad this thread got bumped, so I could say, good on John Boehner.

I think that the clauses in the agreements with the UN and NATO will make for an interesting situation here, but it's a situation that needs to be addressed.

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 1:31pm
I don't think questioning Obama is a good idea, regardless if the war is illegal.

Cause "he won"...

Four wars now, better give him another peace prize.
They tremble at my name...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 1:04am
Things are getting interesting in Syria.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 7:25pm
Syria has a very capable modern air defense system, and is close to Iran and Israel.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Syria has a very capable modern air defense system, and is close to Iran and Israel.

So we won't help overthrow their dictator? Only the "easy" ones?

We have been helping with the revolution of Libya for 3 months, and Gaddafi is still alive?

We (The United States of Americ) have spent 1.1 Billion dollars on the revolution of Libya, and Gaddafi is still alive?

Tell those "rebels" to go home. And let NATO go in there, and get the job done. I would like France to lead this as operation human shield.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 9:01pm
While I am all for Operation Human Shield, I would rather not be on the ground in Libya.  
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 7:04am
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nato-acknowledges-civilian-deaths-tripoli-strike-195841256.html

It only takes 9 civilian deaths to make the news? Pssh, that's nothing compared to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic