Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Barrel for 98C?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which Barrel you would recomend more?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [38.89%]
7 [19.44%]
4 [11.11%]
11 [30.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
stevemastema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevemastema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 2:01pm
Honestly whatever you do don't get a 16" or higher! they may look cool and stuff but when you'll be out in the field you'll regret it... i played with 16" Trinity Tactical barrel and i always smacked it on things... not only that but in close quarter fights it'll make you slow because you don't want to hit it on things.  

if you're going to be a "sniper" you'll still have to be able to move efficiently because the best range for being accurate, no matter what the barrel, will be 70 ft. to 150 ft. that's not too far and people will still be able to tag you as well. so... I think the JJ ceramic 14" is your best bet....  accurate and affordable...  

keckhanded View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keckhanded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 7:11pm
im new to all this i recently bought a 98 second hand with a smart parts 14" teardrop barrel. I noticed no improvement over the stock one. In fact it seemed the balls weren't  breaking on the target. It was then I realized the muzzle velocity is the same so all the longer barrel is doing is slowing down the ball. IMHO!

Tree Hugging Dirt Worshipper!

"certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of a man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter" E H
keckhanded View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keckhanded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 7:17pm
Whoops if the velocity is the same there's no slowing. what I meant was it seemed with velocity at a constant the longer barrel did'nt seem to be an improvement on distance, accuracy or breaking on target.
Tree Hugging Dirt Worshipper!

"certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of a man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter" E H
JEFFERSON STATE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFFERSON STATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 6:55pm
After watching the reaper's first vid on the thread, i would have to conclude that the Apex, while surpassing the other barrels tested, just doesn't show enough performance past the smart parts barrel. Granted, anything is better than stock, but at 170, it was simply 2 shots better than the rest. A small enough margin to be shooter luck or error. I would also conclude that I love being a Trails of Doom subscriber and that he has a lot of talent and knowledge. And his equipment works splendidly for him. But theres just enough room after testing for any decent barrel to pass the finish line first. Smile
FLATLINED TIPPMANN A-5
FACTORY TIPPMANN A-5
SPYDER VICTOR II
SPYDER AMG LCD
PMI PIRANHA
WARSENSOR WSF

MY PRIMARY: TIPPMANN US ARMY ALPHA BLACK ELITE W/ E-TRIGGER AND VIEWLOADER ROTO-HOP.
Jairman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jairman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 11:37pm
I have a flatline on my 98 custom I really like it, it is accurate and really does add some extra range, the only downside, is that you can really adjust the curve of the ball like an apex 2, but its still a great barrel and i would highly recommend it, just make sure you screw it in all the way because i didn't and add some big ball explosions. :)
Living life at 15 balls per second!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic