FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Europe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Europe
    Posted: 02 March 2011 at 9:25pm
Me and a couple of good friends are going to be planning a trip to Europe for next year and don't really know where we want to go lol.

On the list already:
Amsterdam
Monaco
Barcelona
Germany
Sweden
Switzerland

Do any of you know any other sweet places to go?
Also, one of my friends is from England and has experience with going to Europe and stuff so we aren't completely and totally lost.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 9:31pm
You can't handle Europe.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

You can't handle Europe.

Too bad, I'm going anyways. Smile
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 9:51pm
ITS THE FINAAAAL COWWWWNTDOWN!!!

duh duh duh duhhh, duh duh da da duh..
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 10:09pm
Spending the last year earth will exist in Europe? Sounds kinda depressing.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 10:13pm
Better than spending it in Canada
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 10:17pm
www.getjealous.com/mfarrell is my travel log from when I went.

I'll be in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Delft, Eindhoven, Brussels, Paris, Copenhagen and Malmo this summer :D
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

Better than spending it in Canada

QFT: especially New Brunswick....
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 10:34pm
**edited** ? No stop-over in Scotland to see Scotchy and shag a few sheep?
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

You can't handle Europe.

LOL

Netherlands, Spain, France, Turkey
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

By the looks of it, Scotchy doesn't want to see me!
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:36pm

Why stop at sheep? Wink

Srsly though.

How long is this trip you're planning? One summer? Spring break?

If you want to spend two weeks working your way across Europe, you've gotta plan for a city every 2-3 days if you want to hit all the good stuff and account for travel time. If you've got two months, you can take your time and hit various sites across each country.

Paris can't be tackled in a day. I was there for 19 hours and my time spent in the line for the Eiffel tower ate up about an hour (I was in line for the stairs, not the elevator). I hung out on the top tier for a while to enjoy some fresh air and the sunset, which made me lose track of a ton of time. Unlike other major cities in Europe, I have not been able to find a corner store in the center of that city. It's as if the place has been scraped out for tourists (so they can charge you 3.50 Euros for a small bottle of water). There are so many damn things to see in that city that you will barely make it out alive.

A good chunk of Berlin and Munich can be done in the course of a day, but you've still gotta haul to get to everything. Both cities are huge so the distances between historic sites are prohibitive. The trick to Germany (arguably any country), is to go away from the major cities for a few days and find the interesting things in between. Go to one of the concentration camps. They aren't entertaining, there isn't that much to see, but it's important to see where the history happened (it's why the German gov't supports keeping the sites open).

I've only been in Spain for about 9 hours on a layover. It's a very quick hop on the subway to get to the city center of Madrid from the airport. There's quite a bit to see, just be aware that Monday is a day where a lot of government facilities and businesses are closed. The streets only went active at about 14:00. If you don't leave Spain without eating Chocolate and Churros, Choopie and I will hunt you down and break your face.

Denmark is a pretty chill place to go. Have a hot dog while you're there. They're rather phallic looking (and prepared in a rather masturbatory fashion) but they taste great. It's a common thing to do to stay at a Bed and Breakfast if you need lodging on the road. Legoland is cool.

If you can, go see Istanbul. It's well out of the way of everything else but totally worth it. You can see the most popular things in a day and pig out on some kickass food. Just watch your pockets (that goes for any city)

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time with nightclubs or anything of the sort. They aren't much different than anything you'd find in the US/Canada. The best part of travelling for me is the change in scenery. The feeling of entering a new city is always exciting. The knowledge that I wont be there for long has a strange effect on me. I will constantly push forward to see more and more until I run low on money or time. If the route out of the city is scenic (as it is if you're crossing the bridges over the Bosphorus in Istanbul), you start missing the place before you're ever out of it.

Remember, travel is the best when you're with friends with similar interests. Bring some girls along. Be in agreement on everything before you go, and it will be awesome.

And if the girls don't start getting closer to you on the trip, there's always Scotland.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

By the looks of it, Scotchy doesn't want to see me!

:( Nah man feel free to pop over and I'll train you and your liver for the rest of the trip. 

srsly. I'm still toying with the idea of hitting the Dam with the lads when choops there.

"Are you shearing that sheep?" 
"No chance! Get yer own"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 9:49am
Also if you still play paintball, http://www.eurobiggame.de/en/  "> http://www.eurobiggame.de/en/  

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 9:42pm
Thanks scotchy, i'll definately keep ya in mind.

As for the length of the trip, were probably looking at 3 weeks to 1 month!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic