FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Renew'd toy, No maggots allowed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Renew'd toy, No maggots allowed
    Posted: 25 February 2011 at 12:46pm
Old toy is new again and I added a zombie survival kit to it. I got two small alice belts and 10 first aid pouches to make a nicer stronger zombolier tm that can carry 100rnds easily or 200 with the pockets doubled up.

I put the rifle guts back into the chicom wood because synthetic stocks melt after 100rnds in 3 minutes. I added two inches of oak to the butt and screwed it on without actually permanently changing the original stock.

The supposed cleaning kit still works too.

Edited by JohnnyHopper - 25 February 2011 at 4:51pm
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 2:30pm
What country?
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 2:33pm
I'm no gun nut but I must say, sexy weapon, sir.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 3:28pm
The SKS is a classic zombie and commie killer. Every American home should have one. And that nice cruciform bayonet for drawing the guts out of your home intruder is just an added plus.

Really I love the SKS, nice plinker, good people knock-down (seen it do its thing a few times)and rugged as you can get, and an idiot proof semi-automatic.

Norinco or Hungarian?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 3:49pm
Is that the short barrel "paratroop" model?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Is that the short barrel "paratroop" model?

I think it's a full length chinese/norinco.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 4:59pm
Nice work. Real nice.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

The SKS is a classic zombie and commie killer. Every American home should have one. And that nice cruciform bayonet for drawing the guts out of your home intruder is just an added plus.

a little ironic, eh?

That is definitely a nice rifle, i like the stock...what's this about synthetic stocks burning up though? is it just with the sks or is with other weapons of the same caliber?
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 7:14pm
Is that a Bunny grenade?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Is that a Bunny grenade?

I'd rather have it and not need it ;)

(It's not like I need Mr. Nibbles to sleep at night...)

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

what's this about synthetic stocks burning up though? is it just with the sks or is with other weapons of the same caliber?

The cup plate pinned to the barrel will melt the end of a thermoplastic stock and cause the rifle action to become seriously unbedded when you are fending off a hoard of zombie milk jugs. My synthetic stock had no flat cross pin thingy to wedge under the magazine well like the original wood stock does. The cheap plastic versions depend on the nose of the stock for a tight fit. Even the gas piston shroud became wobbly after a few too many rounds. 250+ degrees isn't bad for steel, but it isn't kind to most plastic.

Edited by JohnnyHopper - 26 February 2011 at 3:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic