Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Phenom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hilfirty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hilfirty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Phenom
    Posted: 24 February 2011 at 10:05am
Just bought the new X7 phenom and I cant wait to use it in March.
S.O.S.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 10:59am
Good!

In Thoughts and Opinions you are less liekely to get an intelligent reply concerning paintball... this is better off in New Players
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 11:40am
If I get back into paintball, I think I'm going to give the X7 a shot. Looks fun.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

If I get back into paintball, I think I'm going to give the X7 a shot. Looks fun.

I love my Phenom, but wouldnt bother with the blowback X7
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 4:16pm
Has anyone used the phenom in below freezing temps?...

I've been considering one, but the durablity of the A-5 in the cold has kept me from thinking too seriously about upgrading...
They tremble at my name...
Hilfirty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hilfirty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 11:44pm
My a5 didnt fare to well in the cold. However it was more likley my Co2.
S.O.S.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 3:05am
I'd test it for you FE but the closest to below freezing temperatures I get out here in sunny southern California is standing next to my freezer door to pull out a cold one.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 8:37am

Bah... it is snowing right now here in Ohio... This year we have had more snow than any year I can remember...

As far as playing with an A-5 in the cold. I play with Co2, and if you know what to do you can make it work.

First off change out your o-rings to silicone. They work at VERY low temps. Then make sure your marker has the internals polished, and don't use a bunch of oil... Oil tends to start to gum up in cold temps. So less is better.

Then you want to keep your air, gun, and paint warm. I use a cooler, and I switch out my paint after every game so it can warm back up in the cooler. Also if you use a remote coil, keep that warm and air it up inside before you go outside, as you want all the seals to set before they get cold... That really helps.

Here is a cold weather test I did a few weeks back. 28 degrees with wind chills in the teens.

Hilfirty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hilfirty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 11:04pm
Same here in P.A. worst winter since the 70's
Ohio just a short drive away from here
S.O.S.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 9:43pm
FE- Last winter my Phenom worked well in the cold using HPA. While most things work well in the cold with HPA, my Phenom seemed the most reliable.

I would not hesitate if you dont already own one. Its my go-to marker when I want to play competitively and I want to be 110% positive everything will work as it should, or inclimate weather. Otherwise I use my Factory F/A, Automag, or my various pumps. I like clunky old markers.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 9:57pm
Cool.

I'll have to add the phenom to my list of future upgrades. Thanks!
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 10:06pm
FreeEnterprise,I played all winter with my Phenom including a day that was 12 degrees and with HPA the Phenom worked great in Semi. The Paint I had wasn't winter grade so in Rapid fire I was having problems with breaks.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 10:15pm
Why is your velocity set so low? I usually Chrono my A-5's to 280fps unless im running Flatlines then im at 270fps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic