FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blastin around.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blastin around.
    Posted: 22 February 2011 at 7:14pm
The CRF is back from physical at dealer, rejetted and some other fun mods and it is a pure monster. Still needs some airbox work, more inlets needed seems it doesn't quite breathe right, and a less restrictive endpipe for exhaust. Did about 5 miles of blasting around acreage, once track is up going to scream, god it flies and almost dances out from under me on corners, roll power, no hesitation like I was used to, gotta hold on a tad bit tighter. Got it airborne over some tiered ground, she flys great and the lack of hesitation on throttle now makes it a torquer in the air.

The KDX is still in shop, was a critical, needs new piston, top end,end bearings, wheel bearings, swing arm bearings, but can be saved.

BTW got a sponsorship from Star City Sports, Honda, for parts and shop support so a good deal for the year, and they know about the 2 month down time after surgury, I just go to the races as support staff till I can ride again. They are also going to help on the repair costs on the KDX since I am going to get a full CRF 450 R model for next year, and a CRF 250 R for Troop, and possibly a CRF-150 for Anna (15yr old step-daughter)who surprisingly wants to try this, the KDX will be Troops and possibly Anna's practice/learner bike.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 9:06pm
Sounds like a good deal OS, I remember how much gettin a dealer sponsor helped when I used to race.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic