FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Toy V.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Toy V.2
    Posted: 22 February 2011 at 2:09pm

Picked this up for 800 out the dor at my local gun shop. The upper is a High Standard, I've never heard of them before now, but apparently from what I read they're pretty comparable to an S&W. The're made in Houston.

The build quality seems really good, just as good as my Bushmaster. The only difference is the charging handle, which is a little rough for my taste. But otherwise, seems like a heckuva gun for the price.

You can pick them up without the site and quad rail system for 699.99 most places, those of you interested in M-4's should check them out.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 4:39pm
All of my buddy's are building or buying AR's right now, I'm feeling left out. 

Edited by rednekk98 - 22 February 2011 at 4:40pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

All of my buddy's are building or buying AR's right now, I'm feeling left out. 
It's funny, I can remember being a kid and dreaming about AR's,drawing pictures of them, buying video games just because the had them, but we were always dirt poor and I couldnt' imagined anyone actually owning one. So this stuff just makes me all giddy.  Of course, I'll be living on ramen this week, but it's totally worth it.Big smile

Stopped by Academy to look at some trinkets to decorate her with, ended up buying one of these on clearance for 120 bucks-

Bushnell trophy. Technically made for pistols and shotguns, and I wouldn't trust my life with it or anything, but from what I'm reading on AR-15 forums they make a great cheapo alternative to an actual ACOG. Here it is mounted on the gun-

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 6:34pm
Looks nice man.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 9:11pm
History lesson for you.

High Standard produced a .22LR semi-auto pistol with an integrated suppressor for the OSS/CIA from WWII on through today. If you ever played the original Medal of Honor on the PSX (PS1) you would have had the weapon in your arsenal on some of the missions.

Firearms Database Article
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 9:37pm
That's pretty sweet. In fact my next project is going to be an integrally silenced Ruger 22 pistol. Around 800 with the license if you can get a good deal on the lower.

I think my dad's first pistol was something called a Hi Standard Double 9.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 9:43pm
AR's are the best choice right now, for 5.56 will be available for quite some time no matter what happens in our society.

With law enforcement and military using 5.56, in any 'emergency' ammunition will be readily available.

Got my base SP-1 and my CAR-15, 20 20rd and 15 30rd mags, and over 1200 rds of SS-109.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

AR's are the second best choice right now, for 5.56 will be available for quite some time no matter what happens in our society 5.45 will always be produced in greater quantities and for less money than any other caliber for some time...

Not saying 5.56 isn't available or even a good round, but even at the height for the ammo-hoarding scare, 5.45 was cheap and available in bulk.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:49pm
Id still rather stick to my 7.62 x 54 over 5.56. Just sayin.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Id still rather stick to my 7.62 x 54R over 5.56. Just sayin.

Kinda important bit missing there....
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 12:05am
The market on AR's is just crazy right now. They've never been this cheap and readily available as I can remember.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 12:56am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

History lesson for you.

High Standard produced a .22LR semi-auto pistol with an integrated suppressor for the OSS/CIA from WWII on through today. If you ever played the original Medal of Honor on the PSX (PS1) you would have had the weapon in your arsenal on some of the missions.

Firearms Database Article

I used to browse that website almost daily.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 1:21am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Id still rather stick to my 7.62 x 54R over 5.56. Just sayin.

Kinda important bit missing there....

My bad, I always forget to put that in there.

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 3:51pm
Tallen, I don't remember you posting that you own anything in 5.54mm.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Tallen, I don't remember you posting that you own anything in 5.54mm.

Not atm, but will be soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic