FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I hate to pull a FEaper, but really?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hate to pull a FEaper, but really?
    Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:00am
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110222/ap_on_re_us/us_census_dying_counties

So the Republican party is responsible for people getting older and not having more kids?

Originally posted by AP article AP article wrote:

Years in the making, the problem is spreading amid a prolonged job slump and a push by Republicans in Congress to downsize government and federal spending.
Errr. haven't the big bad Republicans only been in power in Congress for a couple of months? So how exactly are they part of the problem spreading? Especially since the numbers are from the Census that was taken last year... BEFORE THEY WERE THE MAJORITY. Really?

Not really even sure why the line was added in the first place, but it is totally irresponsible by both the author and editor imo.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 22 February 2011 at 11:02am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:07am
Read it again, they are saying it is happening during, not because of, a push by Republicans in Congress to downsize government and federal spending.

I agree though, this has no place in the article.

Edited by High Voltage - 22 February 2011 at 11:10am
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:08am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Not really even sure why the line was added in the first place, but it is totally irresponsible by both the author and editor imo.

Agreed. 

Although, to be fair, Republicans are pushing for smaller government. The statement itself isn't wrong. I just have no idea what it has to do with birth rates going down. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:31am
^^^ Everyone knows government size is related to . . . uh . . . never mind.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

^^^ Everyone knows government size is related to . . . uh . . . never mind.

You know what they say about people with big governments?

Big gloves. 

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:42am
I can think of 43,000,000.00 members of the US population that were eliminated by abortion... Why is that not mentioned in the article?

Oh, yeah, it doesn't fit the narrative.

And besides, those people weren't wanted...  right?
They tremble at my name...
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:45am
Only 42 minutes to put it in the crapper, eh?
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:47am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I can think of 43,000,000.00 members of the US population that were eliminated by abortion... Why is that not mentioned in the article?

Oh, yeah, it doesn't fit the narrative.

Should have been 43,000,001
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:48am
^^^ Sadly, I was thinking the same thing.

Edit:  Additionally, the numbers I came up with was at least 45 million.  (Which is probably low because reporting is not universally mandatory.)

Edited by Mack - 22 February 2011 at 11:49am
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:04pm

Correct.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Correct.
Think of it as a means to reduce government welfare programs.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:40pm
^^^ Big smile

Although, in that case shouldn't it be mandatory.  I.e. couples that are expecting must prove the ability to support the offspring or have them terminated.  (And maybe a few body parts confiscated as well.)

Family Cop:  "I'm sorry sir, we have determined that you are not smart enough to be allowed to breed . . . please follow me into the bathroom"

Citizen:  "Huh . . . whaaaat?"

Family Cop:  "It really is for the good of the species sir."

edit:  Due to not correctly depressing the shift key I just had a revelation.  Every time one of us types "^^^" to indicate referencing the post above we are actually typing a disguised version of "666," the number of the beast.  We are all evil and something should be done about us.

Edited by Mack - 22 February 2011 at 3:16pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:47pm

I have no problem with mandatory sterilization of those that are not capable of being responsible with their reproduction and subsequent support of offspring. The one instance where I would approve of replacing unionized road crews with delinquent sperm donors.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 1:26pm

I have no problem with mandatory sterilization of those that are not capable of being responsible with their reproduction and subsequent support of offspring. The one instance where I would approve of replacing unionized road crews with delinquent sperm donors wearing snazzy striped suits and ankle chains.

fixed
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I have no problem with mandatory sterilization of those that are not capable of being responsible with their reproduction and subsequent support of offspring. The one instance where I would approve of replacing unionized road crews with delinquent sperm donors wearing snazzy striped suits and ankle chains.

fixed
Approved. So it is written, so it shall be....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 1:39pm
What this thread has devolved into: 

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 1:44pm
I didnt expect much else actually. I got the response I was looking for from you in the first couple of postings in the fact that you as a journalist,  despite whatever personal views you may have , denounced the inclusion of the sentence that I highlighted.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 22 February 2011 at 1:44pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 1:45pm
(I was just making a joke that you and Mack are old). 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 22 February 2011 at 1:49pm

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 3:15pm
^^^  Eh . . . what was that?  Speak up dagnabit!

. . . Oh . . .

. . . and get off my lawn.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 5:29pm
I love those guys.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic