FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Democratic party throws a hissy fit...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Democratic party throws a hissy fit...
    Posted: 18 February 2011 at 2:49pm
Anyone paying attention to the Democrats and their "trick" of leaving town so the state legislature has to stop working?...

Or the teachers calling in "sick" and shutting down the schools.

wow. Nice character, they lose an election and when the shoe is on the other foot instead of just doing their jobs... They throw a hissy fit and stop everything. While bringing in unions to "back them up".

Unions make me sick. They pay almost nothing for their healthcare while the "normal" people pay tons, and many pay NOTHING towards their retirement which they then can double dip from...All while making much more money than the private sector can offer. Then the unions run the organizations into fiscal ruin while giving tons of their union members dues to Democratic candidates.

'reward our friends and punish our enemies' comes to mind. I wonder who said that?...

Then they complain when someone tries to have a grown up converstation to get this fixed. And leave the state and the people to hide from their obligations.

And the TV network media makes them out to be hero's...

They tremble at my name...
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 2:53pm
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

Heh.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:04pm
Quote Republican Gov. Scott Walker wants to curtail their collective bargaining rights and is asking them to contribute more to their health insurance and pensions.

So let me get this straight.

The republican governor is proposing a screw job on the teachers, and its the teachers you've got a problem with.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

Or wait.

no.....the other thing.

Its insane.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:12pm
brb
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:14pm

Yeah, I see your point. He should just fire enough (10,000 according to him) state union employee's so that the ones that are lucky enough to stay can keep their cadillac plans... While the rest are now on the unemployment line. Or they could make these small concessions. But, we all know that unions never "negotiate" once a contract is signed... Those last forever, regardless of changing economic conditions.

At some point we need to man up and have an adult conversation about the massive overspending of government...

Hey, why don't they just tax people MORE... Then everything would be peachy.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 18 February 2011 at 3:27pm
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Hey, why don't they just tax people MORE...

Concurred.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:28pm
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by FE FE wrote:

wow. Nice character, they lose an election and when the shoe is on the other foot instead of just doing their jobs... They throw a hissy fit and stop everything.

Immature, I agree. Good thing the Republicans have never done something like this.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 5:17pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Originally posted by FE FE wrote:

wow. Nice character, they lose an election and when the shoe is on the other foot instead of just doing their jobs... They throw a hissy fit and stop everything.

Immature, I agree. Good thing the Republicans have never done something like this.

No, they just drop to the floor like cranky toddlers and refuse to partake in any bi-partisan activity whatsoever.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 5:26pm
Best political system in the world.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Best political system in the world.

We could fix it if each side wasn't spurred on by lunatics.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 7:16pm
Or greed.
PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 7:22pm
I have to admit though, the teachers are making a pretty loud statment by allowing a bunch of schools to close.

$300 million is a drop in the budget deficit pool, but it is a start. The union salaries and compensations aren't sustainable, I think having people pay into their pensions isn't too much to ask, and 12% of healthcare costs is relatively low.

I don't see how people can't understand the concept of continuing to fund these benefits without having the money to do it. I'm sure there is tons of fat to trim from the budget, but you've got to start somewhere.
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 7:47pm
Now if the private sector could get the same deals and packages, not a problem, but wait they are taxed higher and higher so the public service unions can get these packages, sounds fair to me....NOT.

Let the public sector feel the pinch and fear of job loss along with the private sector, and how about paying into thier plans at a rate near to the private sector, welcome to the new Democrat economic packages. Keep writting bigger and bigger bad checks, demand higher taxes, and let two generations hense pay up for thier instant feel good plans.

Edited by oldsoldier - 18 February 2011 at 7:57pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Now if the private sector could get the same deals and packages, not a problem, but wait they are taxed higher and higher so the public service unions can get these packages, sounds fair to me....NOT.

Let the public sector feel the pinch and fear of job loss along with the private sector, and how about paying into thier plans at a rate near to the private sector, welcome to the new Democrat economic packages. Keep writting bigger and bigger bad checks, demand higher taxes, and let two generations hense pay up for thier instant feel good plans.

I know, right? It's a damn good thing labor unions don't exist in the private sector. 

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I know, right? It's a damn good thing labor unions don't exist in the private sector. 

Win!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Win!

This.

I don't like unions, to be honest, but they exist for a reason. And teachers are consistently the butt end of the screwdriver when it comes to pay and benefits.

I don't much about this story, but I do know that here in Texas teacher pay is PATHETIC, and as such we have one of the worst education rates in the union, if not the worst.  And Perry has done next to nothing to help the situation.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 11:05pm
More tax = more money to pay teachers. 
More money= better people will become teachers as it's worth the while.
better people=better results
better results= more money for students (graduates)
more money for graduates= more money they will spend on milk, bread and cristal.
= more money for everyone else.

I may be inebriated but, problem?
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic