FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BT and 98 parts.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BT and 98 parts.
    Posted: 28 December 2010 at 2:47pm
I've got a line on a BT-4 for a very good price, I was wondering how different from my old 98 Custom a BT-4 was.

Are the parts interchangeable?

KBK
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 11:18pm
they're pretty much the same. as far as how interchangeable they are, I can't say, but I've heard they're essentially interchangeable. I don't see the point in buying a BT-4 though. Like this guy says, they're pretty much just a worse version of the 98 that you can visually modify more. 

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100514181728AAwguT8
Tippmann X7 Phenom

Tippmann 98 Custom
Modded out to the Max
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 7:47pm
Damn it, how is this in the Gallery? Must have clicked wrong window, sorry.

Yeah, but I play like once a year. A cheap 98 clone is probably all I need.
For the record this BT4 is about 1/4 the price of a 98. Someone trying to dump it after xmas?

Edited by Kayback - 30 December 2010 at 7:52pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 9:52pm

Wrong forum noobWink  You can pick up used 98's here in the states for under $100 all day long. I usually don't pay more than $50.00. Never actually played with a BT marker, but from what I hear, they are pretty durable just like Tippys. IIRC, the barrels are interchangeable, and maybe even some of the internals. I could be wrong though. Check with Magoo, he seems to be up on this.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 31 December 2010 at 9:53pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:37am
Never played with a BT but have tested/disassembled them.  Internals are very similar to the 98 with the exception that the 98 trigger is far superior.  (Lighter with a shorter pull.)  While BTs are reportedly very durable, my local shop does not like to deal with them because they reorganized their service under another company a while back and were not very customer service friendly.  (I believe they have changed this yet again but am not sure so customer service issue may no longer be true.)

The big advantage a 98 offers over the BT version is the ability to swing the hopper away for barrel cleaning.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic