Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new lappy...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new lappy...
    Posted: 27 December 2010 at 4:46pm
Whale would be proud. I finally bought my first mac since the Apple IIe.

I feel ashamed, but it feels good lol.

Opted for the new Mac Book Air 11.6". Has the high performance SSD, shut down and reboot in under 6 seconds.

So far I enjoy it, goes well with my new Ipod nano I got for christmas.

Just thought I would share in the hopes that I would feel less hypocritical about my purchase.

Now to get Portal on this beast....
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 4:58pm
Nice, enjoy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Nice, enjoy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Is it supposed to sting when I pee?
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 5:05pm
I assume you are currently posting from Starbucks on a break from writing your novel.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 6:20pm
Don't call it a "lappy". Have some self respect, man.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 6:23pm
Sorry, Strongbad reference.

And for the record, I was in the student commons editing my new indie film entitled "I: The Story of Me"

Na, chillin at home on leave. Figured I would hop on here while I have some free time.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:10am
Even though it is small, I would find the Air completely annoying. Not having full function of a regular macbook would suck. I love my 13inch macbook pro. Small and ready to go.

Edited by RoboCop - 28 December 2010 at 12:10am

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:20am
How did I get branded as the fanatic? I hate almost everything about Apple except their laptops.

And even then, if the main product itself wasn't so enjoyable I'd have ditched the company completely. I've had the original factory power cord go bad for both my Macbook and Macbook Pro. 

You're thinking of Choopie. He's the senseless fanboy.  
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:26am
Yours went out also? I just got my power chord replaced with the newer style. The old ones light wasn't lighting up correctly and it wouldn't charge unless i played with it a lot. Did you ever charge anyone else's mac that wasn't yours?

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:35am
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Yours went out also? I just got my power chord replaced with the newer style. The old ones light wasn't lighting up correctly and it wouldn't charge unless i played with it a lot. Did you ever charge anyone else's mac that wasn't yours?

The one for my Pro did just that. 

One day, I went to plug it in, and the thing just wouldn't light up. I got a little bit of a flicker when I would tweak the cord leading into the part that magnets to the laptop, but it would not stay on. 

Apparently this is a normal thing, according to forums and other places. 

With my original Macbook, the area of the cord near the white box overheated, burnt off the insulation (And nearly some of my carpet) and left a bunch of wires exposed. 

Apparently, again, this was a normal thing, as they had a special helpline set up for people whose power cords had also caught on fire, no matter if it was out of warranty or not. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 28 December 2010 at 10:29am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Don't call it a "lappy". Have some self respect, man.

Hey, I say lappy, wanna fight about it?

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

How did I get branded as the fanatic? I hate almost everything about Apple except their laptops.
And even then, if the main product itself wasn't so enjoyable I'd have ditched the company completely. I've had the original factory power cord go bad for both my Macbook and Macbook Pro.†
You're thinking of Choopie. He's the senseless fanboy. †

Senseless? Pschh, I'm just better than all of you.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:35pm
I agree with Robo on the Air, but it's more important that you like it.

Apple got a lot of credit from me when they replaced over $1,100 worth of parts, including the entire keyboard (which had one broken key, which I told them I had broken by slamming it way too hard), this past fall.

I kinda used to hate this computer, but honestly it's very good for what I use it for.  I just wish I'd waited three months and bought a used one, and saved my parents $1,000.
BU Engineering 2012
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 2:41pm
Hmmmm used electronics. I wish there are a market for those here. A used laptop here is either a 1990's throwback, or like 99% of the price of a new one.

KBK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic