FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Minecraft Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I tried the free multiplayer. Where are the zombies? Can you kill zombies in alpha?

They come out at night, and you can kill them. Easily with a sword or bow/arrow. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I tried the free multiplayer. Where are the zombies? Can you kill zombies in alpha?

They come out at night, and you can kill them. Easily with a sword or bow/arrow. 

Looks like i'll be ponying up $13. How different is alpha?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 11:02pm

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Looks like i'll be ponying up $13. How different is alpha?

Well, you can craft tools, monsters come out at night, and overall it is way more enjoyable than just making kinda pretty things. 

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 12:28pm
Maybe it'll be my Christmas present to me this year. LOL

It's got to beat dealing with 'griefers' on the free version. Since its open and public, you get halfway through a build, and there's some jerk destroying it.

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2010 at 12:36pm
Reb, Ceesman and anyone else considering buying the game, do it before December 20th. http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966/minecraft-beta-december-20-2010

The price goes up when beta releases, and this-
Originally posted by Notch Notch wrote:

We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.
Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free.

Edited by High Voltage - 11 December 2010 at 1:43pm
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 8:31pm
Can we get a new map of the world thus far posted?

I spent a couple hours today literally just going away from the spawn point. I *must* have opened up some new territory... I'd like to see just how far I got.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Can we get a new map of the world thus far posted?

I spent a couple hours today literally just going away from the spawn point. I *must* have opened up some new territory... I'd like to see just how far I got.
This.  I got so lost before, no compass = bad. 

Can the map have a grid w/ coordinates too? haha
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:04pm
Just tried getting on the server but my internets to slow at school. I guess I will just have to wait till I am home for break.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:17pm
I ponied up the cash... so far I cant figure out how to build, then a skeleton killed me. Then I went to kaybacks house and got killed by spiders.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:24pm
Went to try it, my laptop's issues suddenly reared their ugly head and it went into a faital-error fit again. think i need a new laptop.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Went to try it, my laptop's issues suddenly reared their ugly head and it went into a faital-error fit again. think i need a new laptop.

Well is it a hardware problem or a software problem?
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Well is it a hardware problem or a software problem?

Ran every scan/defrag/debug/ect I could think of, then handed it off to my old man who knows damn close to everything about computers, then had a friend who builds em look at it. between all 3 of us, we are pretty sure its a hardware issue.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:04am
Mehs, Brihard and I created the Minecraft Federal Prison. 

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 1:43am
I created a stairway leading to the ceiling in the game
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:53am

I ponied up the cash... so far I cant figure out how to build, then a skeleton killed me. Then I went to kaybacks house and got killed by spiders.

Spiders INSIDE my house?

Improbable!

Honestly, where were you killed by spiders? There should be some free iron armour and some iron weapons in my house if you want them.

KBK
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:56am
I got killed by spiders outside your house. Then I got smrt and used the skywalk
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:05am
Shoulda brought a shoe, eh?
BU Engineering 2012
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:47pm
I'll probably be on for a while today. I still haven't built anything on the new server, I keep screwing myself over when I sign on. Died by falling yesterday as soon as night fell, then I got lost in all the stuff currently built (not used to not being able to just hop off to get out) and have no idea where to mine for coal and such.

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:15pm
One of the other forums I'm on is getting together to do some objective, team based warfare.  You get a certain amount of time to build whatever you want (aside from lava moats), and then the two teams go at it.  Last one alive wins.  I think there may be shenanigans.
BU Engineering 2012
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 4:18pm
So I tried Cartograph but it decided not to run. Next on the list in comparable map rendering programs was c10t, clean little command line program. Thumbs Up

Here is the main area we've built upon:

This is the entire map. If you think this is big, click on the image for the 8mb full res version.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
  Share Topic