FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Minecraft Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 21>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 4:52pm
Thanks, I've been a fan of cantilevered buildings lately, when I saw the two waterfalls coming out of that cliff I HAD to build there.

And have you talked to shenk yet? Checked minecraft wiki/ forums? Tried erasing and re-downloading your client?
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:12pm
What I've been working on over by myself. I'm going to build a walkway back to spawn when I can find some gold for a compass. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:24pm
Thats pretty cool actually, I'll have to go find that in a bit.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Thanks, I've been a fan of cantilevered buildings lately, when I saw the two waterfalls coming out of that cliff I HAD to build there.

And have you talked to shenk yet? Checked minecraft wiki/ forums? Tried erasing and re-downloading your client?

Yeah, Bri, are you deleting the .minecraft folder or just the launcher?
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:50pm

Easily the most annoying mob on the game.  They don't do any damage to you, but they jump into you a push you around, even if that means dragging you in to a lava pool.  You also can't kill them, with anything.  Hitting them only makes them turn into several smaller slimes that all make their own popcorn sound and push you around.  Lava only makes them make their sound more.  you can't contain them, they go through cobblestone blocks.  Drowning doesn't work either.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:54pm
Hey you guys know you can hide the HUD with F1 and take screenshots with F2 in game, right?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 6:05pm
"Slimes cannot swim; therefore, they will drown if they are completely submerged in water and will be unable to jump out.
As of Beta 1.3, slimes in multiplayer that split will only be visible to the player that caused them to split. Because of this, they will not take any damage.[4] Because they are located on the client's side, the player can only remove the slimes by exiting and re-entering the server.
Slimeballs can be farmed by punching Slimes to death instead of using a tool like a sword or an axe. This guarantees they will split into four more slimes, instead of merely dying. This means: 1 Huge Slime = 4 Big slimes = 16 normal slimes = 64 small slimes = 0-128 drops.
Small slimes can be kept as pets when found, due to the fact that they will follow the player but won't attack."

"Attacking a slime will cause it to break into four smaller sized slimes unless a weapon that does more than 2 hearts of damage is used. Snowballs and eggs can kill slimes, see weapons for damage values with different weapons. "

Edited by choopie911 - 28 February 2011 at 6:06pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 6:11pm
The geography around me is strange. Large floating pieces are around a mountain, and they look like they naturally happened like that. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 6:16pm
Wow, sand much? I'll need to figure out where you are, I'll be online momentarily, going to shower and do some laundry.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 6:24pm

Wow, sand much? I'll need to figure out where you are, I'll be online momentarily, going to shower and do some laundry.

I'm at X = 423, Z = -120.

Would someone mind posting the coords to the spawn point? 

And yeah, I'm just off the coast of an area that is desert one side of a river, seasonal forest on the other. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 28 February 2011 at 6:25pm

Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

I'm not sure why but a good portion of the fence I put up around the work site turned invisible as I set it.

This happened to me in single player.  It became visible for me when I placed a block on top of the fence.  It makes it a bit unsightly, but at least you can see where it is.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 7:18pm
I liked the original 2 servers we ran, we all built in a similar area rather than running off into a random spot and building something. Kind of loses the point of multiplayer when you never even see anyone else.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 7:19pm
Bri, it isn't going to dl the map in 5 seconds, hop in the server and let it sit for a minute or two.Else, contact Enos.

I teleported you to my worksite to see if your client was having trouble at spawn. Looks like you're still stuck, truly bizarre. Last thing I can think of is to have enos try the trick he had to do when health got screwy.

Edited by High Voltage - 28 February 2011 at 9:04pm
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 7:49pm
I think the area whale is in is near us Choop, I can see the sand covered mountains from my place.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 12:30am

Edited by choopie911 - 01 March 2011 at 12:30am
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 1:25am
What do dispensers do?

And that isn't as cool as our airport was.

Edited by Kayback - 01 March 2011 at 1:27am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 3:41am
This is what dispensers do.

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 5:16am
So they need a switch to operate? How do you connect the switch to the red stone?
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 5:25am
I mined down to lava and water again, and found a bunch of gold while I was there, so I mined it. Get back to my place to put it in the furnace...not in my inventory :(
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 5:31am

I mined down to lava and water again, and found a bunch of gold while I was there, so I mined it. Get back to my place to put it in the furnace...not in my inventory :(
What kind of pick did you use?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 21>
  Share Topic