Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Cyclone feeder question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
X7MAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X7MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Cyclone feeder question
    Posted: 01 December 2010 at 11:58am
Hello,

I just got an X7 and had just a small amount of co2 left to test the gun. Enough for maybe over 15 shots.  Does the Cyclone feeder work with the small amount of co2 that was left in the tank? I did open up the feeder but did not find any broken parts.  There was a white plastic washer that I do not know where it goes, if you can answer that to please.  Also, does the barrel adapter that the barrel screws into, is that supposed to move a little bit.

Mike

Uber J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uber J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 1:02pm

first i have to ask is this an old X7 or the new X7 phenom? on older X7s cyclone feeds will have trouble feeding with that little of air. at the very least you will need 800psi to fully operate the entire marker, cfs included. the newer phenoms run at a little lower pressure but the cfs will be the first to quit functioning when running low on air. as far as the washer where in the cfs did you find it, in the feeder cylinder or the housing? the only washer i am aware of in cfs is above the paddles where the screw tightens to the axle. finally as for the barrel adapter there should be no play in the body. try tightening the body screws and if that doesnt work check to make sure the oring of the adapter isnt damge/missing or the inside of the body where the adapter sits isnt worn away. hope this helps.

X7MAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X7MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 4:14pm
Hello again,

It is an older X7 that I bought used.  I do not know where it came from, it just fell out when I was taking the cyclone feeder apart.  I got my CO2 tank filled and the cyclone works well.

Thanks,  Mike
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 5:12pm
On Cyclone Feed equipped markers the Cyclone will quit working first when pressure starts to get low.*  It is doubtful that you had enough pressure remaining to operate the cyclone if you only got 15 or so shots out of the tank.

*Do not know if this applies to the Phenom, which is designed to operate at lower pressures, but it does apply to any other Cyclone-equipped Tippmann.
X7MAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X7MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 6:13pm
You are right, I talked to Cory at Tippmann, and he said that the Cyclone Feeder quits when the tank gets to about 30 shots left.            Mike
Michaeltehran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltehran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 7:35am
The white washer belongs to the flexvalve and is called regulator spring wear disk (ta30048) and fits inside the regulator piston assembly and protects wear from the compression spring!
I am very disppointed by tippmann, because this was not mentioned in the shipped owner's manual and gave me a headache for two days!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic