Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unreasonable search?... Naked body Scan or Groped.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

I don't think it's nearly so simple as he seems to describe, but the basic premise has some credibility to it. Subject a population to enough crap 

And his suggestion for American/Western Muslims to be constantly and vocally opposed to something they have no part of is jingoistic and xenophobic. Mayhap I'm reading it wrong, but it is essentially a threat of "Hey, better start apologizing for something people you've never met and having nothing to do with are doing, or else things might get bad for you." 

Place the blame on the people who will generalize, not the equivalent of American-Germans in the 1910s. 

Not only that, but they very thing you quote him on: 

Quote  it is essential that the Muslim world wake up to the fact that it has a jihadist death cult in its midst. 

Is silly at a good choice of words. 

How many American Muslims are not aware that there are people making them all look like killers and deviants? What exactly does this even mean? When asked, he's responded with nothing to explain what exactly he wants, other than repeating that American Muslims need to be more condemning. 

Which is simply not a very intelligent viewpoint. And I've sugar-coated that up not to offend. 

Fair enough, and I largely agree with you on your reasoning- I just think that maybe you're ascribing a bit more of a malignant viewpoint to him that is merited.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 10:38pm
it's only malignant so far. 

When we look back in history textbooks as many of you on here are fans of history and we read, looking back, about how some Americans chose to look at and write about Japanese Americans in WWII, or German Americans in WWI, it's almost an exact replication of the things this guy is saying about Muslim Americans. And, when we look back at those events, they're considered some of the most shameful U.S. war-time events. We don't look back on those with pride. We look back on them with contempt. 

I just don't understand why it is an acceptable opinion to be OK with repeating the bad parts of our history.

Edited by agentwhale007 - 21 November 2010 at 10:39pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 11:05pm
Bravo2ZERO: I apologize if what I said came off as disrespectful or unnecessarily antagonistic. That was not the intention of anything I was saying.

I disagree with your opinion, but I was not intending on disrespecting your military service, and reading my post again, it does come across that way. At the time, something else in my life was highly frustrating me, and I let that come across in my post, which ended up way more harsh than it needed to be. 

My sincere apologies. Ouch

Edited by agentwhale007 - 22 November 2010 at 12:39am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 9:00am
Sorry to bump a dying thread, but had to interject something here. There was a spot on the news last night regarding this issue. Basically, all of the hype over people boycotting the scanners etc didn't come to fruitiion and the lines sailed on through. I did find it funny though that they interviewed some kid that reminded me of a blend of Choop and Whale. He stated his main concern was that the full body scans would somehow be saved and end up on the internet. No offense, but really? Is there a market for chubby hairy guy pron on the interwebs? If so, I plan on making a fortune here shortly. Same conversation that I essentially had with my 60+ year old, overweight mom. She expressed concern over someone "getting their jollies off' while watching the scans and that she would probably refuse to go through. It took every ounce of restraint to explain to her that she probably wasn't exactly what cranked most dudes tractors nowadays. It's not like they are walking through the lines learing at people and selecting scan subjects like a bouncer picking hotties out of the line at a popular nightclub.

/rant.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 1:57pm
I was sent through the scanner instead of the metal detector. I'm glad they were able to see the only thing I had on my person was my ID.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 4:33pm
Apparently they turned off many, if not most of the scanners around the country yesterday.
BU Engineering 2012
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 5:03am
Anyone know what the equivalent amount of radiation you are exposed to with one of these scanners?
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 8:37am
Probably quite a bit less - and of less dangerous wavelengths - than the exposure you get simply by flying and being 35,000 feet higher in the atmosphere.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 9:48am
That's what I've heard as well.  The reality is that for people who don't fly often, there's definitely no health risk, and for those who do, it's not any worse than it was before.  High speed cosmic rays are probably much worse, for that matter.
BU Engineering 2012
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 9:50am
BUT SOMEONE MIGHT OGLE MY JUNK!!!!!!
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 9:52am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

BUT SOMEONE MIGHT OGLE MY JUNK!!!!!!

too late...

Now I see why she puts up with you.Wink
I ♣ hippies.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2010 at 1:08am
Yeah, I heard (no source) that it was around the same as flying for 3 minutes at altitude.(probably around 35,000 ft)

When boarding a plane you should realise the health risk is pretty much null and void.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic