FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by The Reaper The Reaper wrote:

Talk about full of it. Here is a tip, re-read what I wrote, actually LOOK at the video that shows that this "station manager" is totally in the camp for Coons, and in a normal person's mind that is a problem and shows "what he has to gain"... Notice there isn't an interview with O'Donnell on that site... hmm... fair and balanced!
He was interviewing someone that was local and currently in a position where is sounds like he did very well. What did you expect him to do? Call the guy a Liberal Douchebag and berate him for 13minutes? Regardless, it's a public cable access talk show, he doesn't have to be fair and balanced any more than Leno, Stewart, Letterman or any other talk show has to be. I'm pretty sure I remember Leno or some others having candidates on their shows that were ideologicaly different. It's a talk show, it's what they do. Personally, I would have had O'Donnell on for shear joy of showing how much of an idiot she is. And I have no idea if she or the other primary candidate were interviewed. It was painful enough sitting through 14 minutes of that drivel let alone more. Have at it.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
The Reaper View Drop Down

Property of: Mack

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 4:21pm

I expect him not to lie.

He said he was going to vote for O'Donnell until this happened.

And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons...

You can promote anyone you want, but when you start lying about it, and then "forgetting" to air paid for ads... That is a problem.

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 12:12am
I bet she lost because of this, right?
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 5:31am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Oh lawl.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that her views were way too far to the right to appeal to a majority of Americans in her state. Delaware has a lot of independents, and idependents aren't normally big on ideologues.

We never did see if she weighs as much as a duck...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 7:24am
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Oh lawl.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that her views were way too far to the right to appeal to a majority of Americans in her state. Delaware has a lot of independents, and idependents aren't normally big on ideologues.

We never did see if she weighs as much as a duck...

She never had a chance in Delaware. The polls all went to Coons from the get-go. Hoopla over the whole witch thing and her not liking masturbation got her a lot of attention, but really the numbers were never there. 

She was predicted to lose by 17. She lost by 16. I guess she made up that one point from angry women voters who read the Gawker story. 

Nate Silver's crazy baseball numbers machine is pretty damn good. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 7:24am
Well... I was wrong about O'Donnell...

I am torn, would it have been better to have a RINO or a democrat?... Guess we shall see in the next couple of years.

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 7:26am
And I'll post this in this thread too, before the gloat and pelvis thrusting starts: 

Congratulations to all of the Republicans that won, and are now in charge of the House. Deep down in my soul, the fan of having different parties in charge of different things in government is smiling. 

I hope that bipartisanship and level-headed debate can win the hour. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 03 November 2010 at 7:26am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 7:26am

I am torn, would it have been better to have a RINO or a democrat?... Guess we shall see in the next couple of years.

Was O'Donnell the RINO? 

GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 7:48am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Was O'Donnell the RINO? 

I can think of another "R" word that suits her well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 9:27am
Mike Castle (and the republican party for saying they wouldn't help O'Donnell) was the RINO...

Want to see some blatant media bias?

last night on display MSNBC. (someone point out the "conservative" of that panel...)

hysterical.

Especially loved how Matthews lied about the "thrill" comment... Instant classic

And since we are speaking of biased reporting... Two Alaska news "producers" got the can from that voicemail where they were overhead planning "producing" a news event to harm Millers campaign.

heh, heh

Edited by The Reaper - 03 November 2010 at 9:29am

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 11:12am

And most political analysts wagered that the RINO that got defeated in the primaries by the RETARD, would have had a better chance of gaining another senate seat. Guess we'll never know now. Hope it was worth it.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 12:19pm

Want to see some blatant media bias?

last night on display MSNBC. (someone point out the "conservative" of that panel...)

Wow . . . the master of the "if they won't give the answer you want put the words you want in their mouth" reporting technique is quite impressive in action.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 12:41pm
The whole message to Obama and the Democrats was clear, 'CHANGE' course. The 'Tea Party' aspect just reinforced the need for a multi party system, the two party option is dieing, and many times was just an option to evil #1 and evil#2, but in reality was just evil #3.
The media will now have to come up with a new mantra, as the Senate with reid in charge will now be the 'NO' block, but the Democrats in the Senate will never be named "The Party of NO".
America is centrists, and the political pendullum swung too far left, and the vote demanded a wing to the right, and that is what last night was all about. I think NY and California staying Democrat in the face of what the party and thier policies has done for the economic conditions of the state deserve what they got, and hope both go insolvant fast, and the rest of America lets those states rot on the vine. I remmember Jerry Brown in California in the 70's and what he did to the state, and 'Papa' Cuomo in NY and what hapened there, comman sense should have said no to either, anyone else would have been a better choice.

Fun fact, I am paying $2.79 for premium gas in Nebraska, and in NY was paying $3.03 for regular and $3.15 for premium. $.36 cents differance in NYS fuel taxes alone, who is actually gouging the consumer?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 1:25pm
What I found most interesting was how the media and the republican party, were always preaching about how we need "moderate" members to run.

You know, guys like McCain who are good at the "working across the isle"...

Then two MAJOR races that had these types of republicans (Meg Whitman, Carly Fiorina)...

And how did they do?...  Meg spent over $150,000,000...

Good old moderates... Oh wait they lost... hmm... strange.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

and the vote demanded a wing to the right,

History, and politics, is cyclical.

The post-presidential election party shift is one of the more interesting things in American politics.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 2:34pm
cyclical or cynical?

I read this, and must admit I was excited... Then the cynical part of my tin foiled covered head brought me back to reality...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 9:09am
Did you guys hear about "non" biased ABC and their treatment of Breitbart?

Classic media bias in action. SILENCE THE OPPOSITION!

The shrieks from media matters clearly are very important to ABC  management... I smell a serious lawsuit, and payday for Breitbart... And when Mediaite covers it... and sides with the conservative, you know it is pretty astounding.

I'm sure whale will see nothing wrong with what ABC did...

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2010 at 10:21pm
FEgasm

Olberman suspended w/o pay
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 3:26am
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

FEgasm

Olberman suspended w/o pay

My reaction to this when benji linked me yesterday: MEH.

I don't particularly care for the guy. Sometimes I will agree with him but never with his delivery. Dude comes off as a total knob most of the time.

It is his own fault here. His employer had clear rules about campaign donations and he chose to break them. Should have sought approval for the donations before he made them.

I'm not even sure I could feign interest in how FE will react to it. Head asplode probably, between OMG LIBERAL MEDIA OUTRAGE and joy over the suspension of someone I imagine he loathes vehemently.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 11:24am
From the fringe pile, was listening to Wilkow and he played a clip from ole 'Chuckey Shumer' demanding that the new House majority continue the 'Obama' agenda. Now there is a wait a minute moment. The new majority based on thier election promise can and will reject the 'Obama' agenda and demand compromises that the now minority Dems in the House, and Dem Senate will resist and lets see if the media pegs them now as 'The Party of No'. My bet is that the media will continue to call the GOP/Tea Party as "The Party of No' for not continuing the 'Obama' agenda that the people by their selection of the new majority also rejects to a point. The Dems just don't get it.

And by show of hands how many think Pelosi will get the minority leader post in the House, my bet is the remaining Dems will seperate themselves from her for any hope of a 2012 win, and she will be thrown under the bus, and the bus will be backed up and rolled foward repeatedly to ensure her political 'death'.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic