FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by The Reaper The Reaper wrote:

You keep repeating that they were dressed like "normal"...

Yes. Because Williams made a point of being afraid of people wearing "Muslim garb."

It's worth pointing out that the people who did the things to make him afraid did not wear "Muslim garb."

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 2:51pm

Would focusing on people with muslim type names and running them through more security be prudent then?...

I'm confused also as to how that would work. Who would determine if a name was "Muslim" or not? I know quite a few Muslims with Western names.

At what point in the flying process would names be checked? What would they be checking for? What is the "Running through security" thing you're talking about and how would it be different than our current No-Fly list?

The Reaper View Drop Down

Property of: Mack

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 2:55pm

First off, this is a very limited picture... 2002-2005... Three years, which clearly doesn't represent what we are facing right now, or what happened 9/11... But, I will highlight what you must have missed when you read the entire thing... The introduction is a brief overview and it paints the picture I already had in my mind as to who is attacking our country.

Terrorism 2002-2005

Introduction

This edition of Terrorism highlights significant terrorism-related events in the United States and selected FBI investigative efforts overseas that occurred during the years 2002 through 2005. Additionally, this report provides a wide range of statistical data relating to terrorism in the United States during the past two decades. This material is presented to provide readers with an historical framework for the examination of contemporary terrorism issues.

In keeping with a longstanding trend, domestic extremists carried out the majority of terrorist incidents during this period. Twenty three of the 24 recorded terrorist incidents were perpetrated by domestic terrorists. With the exception of a white supremacist’s firebombing of a synagogue in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, all of the domestic terrorist incidents were committed by special interest extremists active in the animal rights and environmental movements (these are typically liberal minded individuals). The acts committed by these extremists typically targeted materials and facilities rather than persons. The sole international terrorist incident in the United States recorded for this period involved an attack at the El Al ticket counter at Los Angeles International Airport, which claimed the lives of two victims.

The terrorism preventions for 2002 through 2005 present a more diverse threat picture. Eight of the 14 recorded terrorism preventions (It is hard to take seriously "preventions" as nothing actually happened... in many cases)stemmed from right-wing extremism, and included disruptions to plotting by individuals involved with the militia, white supremacist, constitutionalist and tax protestor, and anti-abortion movements. The remaining preventions included disruptions to plotting by an anarchist in Bellingham, Washington, who sought to bomb a U.S. Coast Guard station; a plot to attack an Islamic center in Pinellis Park, Florida; and a plot by prison-originated, Muslim convert group to attack U.S. military, Jewish, and Israeli targets in the greater Los Angeles area. In addition, three preventions involved individuals who sought to provide material support to foreign terrorist organizations, including al-Qa’ida, for attacks within the United States.

Whereas the violent global jihadist movement manifested itself primarily in terrorism preventions in the United States from 2002 through 2005, internationally the movement claimed major attacks against U.S. and Western targets that resulted in American casualties. Most of these incidents were perpetrated by regional jihadist groups operating in primarily Muslim countries, and included attacks committed by Indonesia-based Jemaah Islamiya and al-Qa’ida in the Arabian Peninsula. The coordinated suicide bombing of London’s mass transit system by homegrown jihadists, however, brought the violent jihadist movement and the tactic of suicide bombing to a major European capital.

In addition to these incidents and preventions, the years 2002 through 2005 saw the resolutions to high-profile prosecutions in the fight against terrorism. These included the October 4, 2002, sentencing of John Walker Lindh to 20-years in prison for conspiring with the Taliban to kill U.S. citizens; the January 30, 2003, sentencing of Richard Colvin Reid to life in prison for attempting to bomb a transcontinental flight using a shoe bomb; the December 2003 sentencings of the Lackawanna Six terror cell members, who received prison terms ranging from seven to 10 years for providing material support or resources to al-Qa’ida; the sentencings in 2003 and 2004 of members of a Portland terrorist cell, who received prison terms ranging from three to 18 years for plotting to provide assistance to the Taliban and al-Qa’ida in fighting against U.S. troops in Afghanistan; the September 29, 2004, sentencing inYemeni court of six individuals for their roles in the USS Cole bombing, two of whom received the death penalty; the April 6, 2005, sentencing of Matthew Hale, leader of the white supremacist Creativity Movement, to 40 years in prison for solicitation of violence and obstruction of justice; the July 18, 2005, sentencing of Eric Robert Rudolph to life in prison for perpetrating several bombings, including the Centennial Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta, Georgia; the April 26, 2005, sentencing of Ali Al-Timimi to life in prison for encouraging others to receive military training from the designated foreign terrorist organization Lashkar-e-Tayyiba to fight U.S. troops in Afghanistan; and the August 30, 2005, sentencing of white supremacist Sean Michael Gillespie to 39 years for the synagogue firebombing in Oklahoma City.

FBI counterterrorism initiatives since the 9/11 terrorist attack have focused on preventing future attacks through the timely gathering, analysis, and dissemination of information; the facilitation of appropriate sharing of terrorism-related information between federal, state, and local partners; and the advancement of intelligence and law enforcement partnerships worldwide. FBI and U.S. counterterrorism organizational changes from 2002 through 2005 include the creation of the National Joint Terrorism Task Force; the establishment of the Foreign Terrorist Tracking Task Force; the consolidation of government terrorist watch lists into the Terrorist Screening Center; the creation of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security; and the restructuring of the U.S. Intelligence Community under the newly created Office of the Director of National Intelligence. These and other federal initiatives are discussed in greater detail in the concluding In Focus retrospective of the FBI’s counterterrorism program.

What were you saying again groupb?...

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

You keep repeating that they were dressed like "normal"...

Yes. Because Williams made a point of being afraid of people wearing "Muslim garb."

It's worth pointing out that the people who did the things to make him afraid did not wear "Muslim garb."

Agreed, I see your point.

So the fear of muslims would be OK, just not someone wearing muslim garb as the terrorists wouldn't wear that...

Have you ever flown on El Al flight?... They have security down to an art. And they even give you a steak knife to cut your steak.

But, political correctness would never let them just ask questions... and "profile" people...

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 3:11pm
Scroll down to the bottom. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 3:13pm

So the fear of muslims would be OK, just not someone wearing muslim garb as the terrorists wouldn't wear that...

If you are asking me, personally, I don't fear Muslims. 

But I do look at the facts of how terrorists have dressed, and compare them to what Williams said. In which case, Williams makes no sense.

Quote But, political correctness would never let them just ask questions... and "profile" people...

I'm curious as to what the procedure for profiling would be.

How would you propose it work?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 3:16pm

If you are asking me, personally, I don't fear Muslims. 

But I do look at the facts of how terrorists have dressed, and compare them to what Williams said. In which case, Williams makes no sense.

Quote But, political correctness would never let them just ask questions... and "profile" people...

I'm curious as to what the procedure for profiling would be.

How would you propose it work?
Do it exactly like Israel does... As that clearly works.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 3:22pm

So you'd be fine with the extremely increased wait times and flight costs of implementing the Israeli system - which does work, in a country of 7.3 million - in the United States, which has a population of 310 million?

You think that would work?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 3:33pm
I did a little counting for comparison purposes on this topic.

The United States has 78 airports with an average of more than one million departing passengers per-year. Not counting any of the other hundreds of airports in the country.

Israel has 29 airports. Total. Only two of which are reported as being international airports.

**EDIT** I was wrong. I counted landing strips as air ports.

Israel has 12 airports in the entire country.

Edited by agentwhale007 - 25 October 2010 at 3:35pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 3:33pm

So you'd be fine with the extremely increased wait times and flight costs of implementing the Israeli system - which does work, in a country of 7.3 million - in the United States, which has a population of 310 million?

You think that would work?

Yes, I think it would work. You do realize that you are suppost to arrive 2 hours before a flight now, right?...

The canard that good security = costlier and more time consuming than our current security is silly.

Clearly you haven't ever looked at wal-mart logistics... They ship products all over the world and have every single piece accounted for at all times. AND sell for the lowest prices around.

Course they have business people running things instead of politicians.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 3:46pm

You do realize that you are suppost to arrive 2 hours before a flight now, right?...

Supposed to, and actually do, are two very different things. It depends on the airport. At Orlando International, I arrive two hours early. At Port Columbus and Kansas City International (Which I love), I arrive a half-hour to 45 minutes, maximum.

Quote The canard that good security = costlier and more time consuming than our current security is silly.

Thinking that we could adapt the Israeli method without more expense and time is quite silly:

• With the volume of passengers the U.S. deals with on a regular basis, how exactly is having an interview with each passenger going to not slow the process down considerably? Especially in massive hubs like New York, Atlanta and L.A.?
  • You're going to have to hire people who are qualified to do such an interview and make such a judgment, and they are not going to work for cheap.  It works in Israel because there are two international airports. In the U.S., like I pointed out, there 78 airports with more than one million departures, some with much, much more. We also have more airlines. Many, many more. So not only are you replacing lower-paid TSA workers with expensive interviewing agents, you're doing it on an EXTREMELY mass scale. 
  • Not only that, you are laying off the TSA in the same massive scale.

Quote Clearly you haven't ever looked at wal-mart logistics... AND sell for the lowest prices around.

Wal*Mart's shipping logistics work nothing like, and are in no way comparable to, airport security.

Quote Course they have business people running things instead of politicians.

I'll remember that the next time Hilary Clinton gets brought up in discussion.

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 9:21pm

logic

That word....

Course they have business people running things instead of politicians.

I'm pretty sure bar-codes and similar technologies help as well.

Edited by Gatyr - 25 October 2010 at 9:28pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 8:08am

So if you get pulled out of line for a more extensive security screening, and  you didn't show up 2 hours before hand, would you then complain for missing your flight?... Since you chose to break the rules they had laid out before you?

Just wondering at what point we all start to take personal responsibilities for our actions?...

Speaking of personal responsibilities, back to the Juan thing,  because there are new developments.

First off, can you name for me 5 2 1 conservative journalist with a similar position as Juan on NPR currently?

Hmm... Since we all agree that everyone has bias, interesting that a publicly funded organization would only have journalist that are from one side of the political divide...

So much so that a liberal like Juan is fired for going to the middle... And further according to polls 70% of Americans agree with Juan...

" Among the issues with which Schiller has been confronted in recent days was why NPR has not sought to make any change to the status of other NPR journalists - such as longtime legal affairs correspondent Nina Totenberg - who, like Williams, have appeared regularly on other TV outlets, freely dispensing opinions. NPR told Fox News late Friday no change was being considered in the status of Totenberg or Mara Liasson, NPR's national political correspondent, who, like Williams, is also a Fox News contributor.

In telephone interviews with Fox News this week, general managers of several stations affiliated with NPR spoke sharply about Schiller's performance in the episode. Janet Campbell, general manager at Kansas station KANU, said she did not believe Williams should have been fired at all, and that she "absolutely" saw a double standard at work in the network's treatment of Williams and Totenberg.

"I think it had to do with the network he was on," said Campbell, who has served as KANU's general manager for fifteen years. "I thought it was a knee-jerk reaction. And I was extremely disappointed at [Schiller's] remarks in Atlanta. I thought that was very childish. Someone in charge of such a large organization should know better."

Speaking at a newsmakers' luncheon at the Atlanta Press Club on Thursday, when controversy over Williams's firing was still fresh and reaching a feverish peak in news media circles, Schiller said Williams's feelings about Muslim airlines passengers should be between him and his "psychiatrist or him and his publicist, take your pick." Schiller apologized to Williams later that afternoon, calling her remark hasty and "thoughtless.""

Juan should sue for slander, and to admit that they were targeting Juan, and not the other two sure points at a huge bias of some sort... Notice a difference between Juan and the other people who are kept around..

Oh yeah, he is black...

I wonder how many black news analysts NPR has now?...

O'Reilly did some investigative journalism and sent a reporter over to talk to Schiller...

Ever wondered what "talking points" look like... heh, heh...

So NPR stands for NO Political Respect (unless you take a HARD left viewpoint on everything)

By kicking Juan off NPR maybe Schiller was just "sending Juan to the back of the bus"... Since Fox is the worst news organization according to their own reporting...

"He said Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said, "we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.""

Edited by The Reaper - 26 October 2010 at 8:17am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 8:24am

Maybe this "walking around money" is used to buy Ice Cream after democrat voting?...

INB4 HV whines about editing my posts...

Edited by The Reaper - 26 October 2010 at 1:59pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 8:47am
American Thinker just posted an article, that really nails the NPR bias.

"Though partially funded by our tax dollars, NPR continues to practice a long history of bias.  For example NPR labels one "conservative" and "right wing" at a staggeringly higher rate than "liberal" or "left wing."  Search their website and a pattern begins to emerge;

"conservative activist"        118 results              "liberal activist"                  51 results

"conservative justice"         23                          "liberal justice"                   17 results

"right wing"                        1680 results            "left wing"                          450 results

NPR's choice of stories is also revealing. 

‘Joe Wilson"                      190 results              ‘Charlie Rangel'                 158 results

Charlie Rangel has been in Congress since 1970 and has been under ethics investigations for nearly 2 years.  Joe Wilson has only been in Congress since 2006 -- yet for some reason Mr. Wilson seems to have garnered more attention from NPR than the graft, greed and blatant corruption of the man who writes the tax code for the entire country.  Why?

Another search includes abortion provider George Tiller, who was murdered in Kansas in 2009 -- and James Pouillon, the Pro Life activist who was murdered in Michigan during that same year.

‘George Tiller'                    69 results                ‘James Pouillon'                1 result

Tiller has become the poster boy for "choice" while NPR has deemed Pouillon's murder unworthy to discuss or report.  Why? The disparity in the attention each of these topics received is revealing."

"Since September 2009, I've regularly contacted NPR about these and other biases, but have yet to receive a response that addresses my concerns.  I wish to know why the murder of James Pouillon is ignored, why the tax cheating of Charlie Rangel is dismissed, why the bumbling incompetence of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd remain unquestioned during numerous interviews.   I want to know why White House Communications Director Anita Dunn's quoting of Mao Tse Tung was ignored.  I would like an answer as to why it was not reported that President Obama's Green Jobs "Czar" Van Jones was a 9/11 truther and a self-avowed communist.  Why does NPR continue to ignore the ACORN corruption?  I would like to know what NPR policy could possibly explain the disparity of labels such as "conservative" or "right wing" compared to the terms "liberal" or "left wing."
The Media, including NPR, have been culpable in their lack of coverage and slanting of facts.  I can readily provide many more instances of this blatant disparity.  Each of us should challenge NPR, a tax funded entity, to answer why they've treated these and other stories in such a questionable and partisan manner.  As a tax funded entity, NPR owes us that. "

and here is a media study on NPR showing their long record of anti-Israel discrimination and bias.

Edited by The Reaper - 26 October 2010 at 8:56am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 10:50am
Oh, lookie, another democrat hiding assets...

And it is "Ma'am Senator" too, Chairman of the Senate Ethics committee...

Funny how this comes out a days after Obama does a fundraiser with Google, the same day it comes out Google is manipulating their company to pay minimal taxes...

Liberals get different rules than the rest of us.

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 10:58am
Did you just bottle up the over-reactionary OUTRAGE for those couple weeks you were too upset to post? Nice quad post, you know that's against the rules, right? Surely a wannabe-mod like you would realize this and learn to use the edit button.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 1:36pm

So much so that a liberal like Juan is fired for going to the middle... And further according to polls 70% of Americans agree with Juan...

Just proves that 70% of Americans are actually retarded.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 2:06pm

Lookie, more voting "irregularities" weird how they always help democrats...

That is so strange...

This is how they did it in the past...

Edited by The Reaper - 26 October 2010 at 2:12pm

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 3:51pm
Jesus Christ FE, edit moar. I can concede we all pull off a double post every now and then, but this is getting ridiculous.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic