FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 11:47am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

The Dems just don't get it.

Man, where have I heard this before?
The Reaper View Drop Down

Property of: Mack

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 8:54am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

FEgasm

Olberman suspended w/o pay

My reaction to this when benji linked me yesterday: MEH.

I don't particularly care for the guy. Sometimes I will agree with him but never with his delivery. Dude comes off as a total knob most of the time.

It is his own fault here. His employer had clear rules about campaign donations and he chose to break them. Should have sought approval for the donations before he made them.

I'm not even sure I could feign interest in how FE will react to it. Head asplode probably, between OMG LIBERAL MEDIA OUTRAGE and joy over the suspension of someone I imagine he loathes vehemently.

Obama made it clear that everyone should watch olbermann, so I assume he made a call...

Indefinitely is 2 days... Who'd a thunk?

but, even more funny was rachel's attack on fox (you know shift the focus... lean progressive) and the youtube that came out that shows just how hypocritical MSNBC is.

Pretty funny stuff.

Edited by The Reaper - 08 November 2010 at 10:40am

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 11:01am
Whale, based on the youtube above, is MSNBC biased?

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 12:56pm
Honestly this is rediculous. Don't Americans have lives/ enough to moan about. All these issues tend to be really petty in my view but perpetuated by the media and recycled over and over. It's a shame.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by The Reaper The Reaper wrote:

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Olberman suspended w/o pay
Indefinitely is 2 days... Who'd a thunk?

Between the Williams firing and this I think the mainstream media has sent the very clear message that ethical considerations are only important when they are related to issues/views the media supports.*

*Yes, I know we are talking about two different organizations, one from private industry and one from the public sector.  However, the public (the audience) tends to view the media as one massive organization and I am fairly certain that however unintended/unintentional the sending of such a message is, it is the message that is being received.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 8:32am

well, at least NPR isn't biased... oh wait...

DOH!

"I found information about all but seven of the 55 board members (50 directors plus the five “public” members of the NPR board). Of these 48 members, nearly all have demonstrably liberal political sympathies, with heavy support for the Democratic party, pro-abortion-rights groups, and environmental activism in particular."

Tax dollars at work, promoting the leftist agenda!

GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 8:35am
Damn the liberals and their "environment" too!!
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2010 at 11:30am

Derp

So, with all your complaints about bias in the media, I can only assume you expect some sort of objectivity in reporting.

So let's turn the discussion to that. What, in your opinion, constitutes objective journalism?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 8:42pm
Well, objective journalism would cover this story...

AS the story where the teachers union calling for Christies death was front page news... Why wouldn't his public response also be news?

classic

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 9:01pm

Well, objective journalism would cover this story...

An example is a fair response, but not quite what I was looking for.

Let's talk about what makes a journalistic piece objective journalism. What qualities should it have? What shouldn't it have?
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 3:13am
Honestly I think you all have the wrong idea about journalists.

Appologies to the one or two journalists worth a fornication, but their jobISN'T about telling the truth, nor about giving objective coverage. It is about selling stories.

Just find a news source you enjoy. With access to the internet and almost every publication world wide, it shouldn't be a problem.

KBK
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Honestly I think you all have the wrong idea about journalists.

Appologies to the one or two journalists worth a fornication, but their jobISN'T about telling the truth, nor about giving objective coverage. It is about selling stories.

Just find a news source you enjoy. With access to the internet and almost every publication world wide, it shouldn't be a problem.

KBK

Get outta here with your common sense Kayback. Don't you know it's far more interesting to bicker over cable news?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic