FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Californians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Impulse. Impulse. wrote:

Originally posted by Tical3.0 Tical3.0 wrote:

wow life must suck.

Life has never been better actually. Nothing beats serenity.
I'm glad that it seems you got your life straightened out. Seems like you were having a rough time for awhile, to put it lightly.

Keep it up.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 8:09pm

wow life must suck.

Nothing beats serenity.

Tell that to SciFi

Also, related to this thread but not to impulse:

ILLEGAL!

Edited by GroupB - 26 October 2010 at 8:24pm
Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

wow life must suck.

I'm glad that it seems you got your life straightened out. Seems like you were having a rough time for awhile, to put it lightly.

Keep it up.

Thanks man.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 10:11pm

wow life must suck.

SERENITY NOW

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
The Reaper View Drop Down

Property of: Mack

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 9:16am

Korn

Brian "Head" Welch

I am second

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 11:27am

Were on the topic of Marijuana, not meth. Or God for that matter.

The Reaper View Drop Down

Property of: Mack

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 11:57am
Actually most people that do meth, started with Pot... Including Brian Welch...

Pot is called a gateway drug for a reason.

"Smoking pot, she said, “was a slow form of suicide.”

Marijuana, the country’s most widely used illicit drug, is typically not thought to destroy lives. Like alcohol, pot has been romanticized by writers and musicians, from Louis Armstrong to Bob Dylan, and it has been depicted as harmless or silly in movies like “Harold and Kumar.” And addiction experts agree, marijuana does not pose as serious a public health problem as cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine. The drug cannot lead to fatal overdose and its hazards pale in comparison with those of alcohol. But at the same time, marijuana can be up to five times more potent than the cannabis of the 1970s, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

And this new more-potent pot and the growing support for legalization has led to an often angry debate over marijuana addiction. Many public health officials worry that this stronger marijuana has increased addiction rates and is potentially more dangerous to teenagers, whose brains are still developing. And officials say the movement to legalize marijuana — now available by prescription in 13 states — plays down the dangers of habitual use.

“We need to be very mindful of what we are unleashing out of a Pandora’s Box here,” said Dr. Richard N. Rosenthal, chairman of psychiatry at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital in Manhattan and professor of clinical psychiatry at Columbia University. “The people who become chronic users don’t have the same lives and the same achievements as people who don’t use chronically.”"

Edited by The Reaper - 28 October 2010 at 12:02pm

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 12:19pm
And most poeple who have smoked a joint have had a beer befroe that, lets make it all illegal bro!
Actually if you watched the vid, Brian said that alcohol was usually the main contributer to them doing the harder drugs.

So the main gateway is wide open as we stand.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 12:20pm

Originally posted by quote quote wrote:

The drug cannot lead to fatal overdose and its hazards pale in comparison with those of alcohol.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by The Reaper The Reaper wrote:

become chronic users

LOL
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

become chronic users

LOL
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 12:59pm

Good marketing. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 1:05pm

God created weed, so you better start liking it or your ass is headed straight to hell churchy. Hug

I ♣ hippies.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Good marketing. 

BEIN LIED TAH!

In all seriousness, the real gateway here is the incredible amount of misinformation put out by anti-drug groups and the government. They say OMG DON'T DO WEED, IT'S TERRIBLE FOR YOU. DON'T DO METH, IT'S TERRIBLE FOR YOU. Stupid people get ballsy and try weed and they see the stigma is complete crap. Hey, I've been lied to about weed, I wonder if they told me the truth about meth so let's try it. The sad part here is that some of these people soon become addicted to meth.

TL;DR putting weed in the same boat as the much more harmful, destructive drugs is the real gateway. But you don't care about solving the drug problem, FE, you just like fear mongering.

Originally posted by FE FE wrote:

marijuana can be up to five times more potent than the cannabis of the 1970s

Good, that means instead of smoking 5 bowls, 1 will do the trick. Smoke less, damage your lungs less.

Edited by High Voltage - 28 October 2010 at 2:21pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 2:18pm

I think either can be a "gateway drug" if you are not able to handle it. I drank like a fish back in the day, woke up cold, wet and confused more times than I would like to admit, and smoked myself stupid on many, many occassions.  However, a part of me, no matter how drunk or high knew that I was not capable of handling anything more. The problem is, people that move onto harder drugs don't have that Jimminy Cricket telling them not to go upstairs with their fraternity brothers to do some blow because they'll most likely end up in a ditch selling their ass for money to buy more drugs in the end.  It's up to the individual to make that decision, and have that ability to recognize what they should and shouldn't do. Some people make the wrong one. I knew that I had an addictive personality and that was a threshold I was never willing to cross.  I knew that I wouldn't be able to beat it if I started. As it was, it took me until I was 32 and had a kid asking me if I was going to die if I kept smoking to get me to quit.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 2:33pm

Actually most people that do meth, started with Pot... Including Brian Welch...

"Smoking pot, she said, “was a slow form of suicide.”

Marijuana, the country’s most widely used illicit drug, is typically not thought to destroy lives. Like alcohol, pot has been romanticized by writers and musicians, from Louis Armstrong to Bob Dylan, and it has been depicted as harmless or silly in movies like “Harold and Kumar.” And addiction experts agree, marijuana does not pose as serious a public health problem as cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine. The drug cannot lead to fatal overdose and its hazards pale in comparison with those of alcohol. But at the same time, marijuana can be up to five times more potent than the cannabis of the 1970s, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

And this new more-potent pot and the growing support for legalization has led to an often angry debate over marijuana addiction. Many public health officials worry that this stronger marijuana has increased addiction rates and is potentially more dangerous to teenagers, whose brains are still developing. And officials say the movement to legalize marijuana — now available by prescription in 13 states — plays down the dangers of habitual use.

“We need to be very mindful of what we are unleashing out of a Pandora’s Box here,” said Dr. Richard N. Rosenthal, chairman of psychiatry at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital in Manhattan and professor of clinical psychiatry at Columbia University. “The people who become chronic users don’t have the same lives and the same achievements as people who don’t use chronically.”"

Oh lulz. I don't even smoke weed and even I know you're just regurgitating bull<poopy>.

First off, stop being fox news. You highlighted the parts that agreed with you, and ignored the rest. Your article also said, "And addiction experts agree, marijuana does not pose as serious a public health problem as cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine. The drug cannot lead to fatal overdose and its hazards pale in comparison with those of alcohol." right before a section you highlighted, but obviously you felt it was not important.

Second, duh it's more potent. It takes less to get you high, that's really all that means. Via selective breeding of the plants, growers have been able to raise the THC content, thus, you don't have to buy or smoke as much to get the same effect. Why do you hate the free market FE? And call me crazy, but having to smoke less to get the same effect seems like it would actually be healthier - but I'm no expert on that subject.

Third, I wasn't even going to reply to this post until I saw this bit highlighted. “The people who become chronic users don’t have the same lives and the same achievements as people who don’t use chronically.” You've got to be kidding me. Some of the most intelligent people I know smoke weed on a fairly frequent basis. I know plenty of successful adults who still smoke weed on the occasion up to this very day, and were most certainly "chronic users" when they were younger. Including two business owners, several business executives, one of which used to grow it in his basement, and still managed to earn a Ph.D.. Care for me to continue? I also know a few school teachers, college professors, all of whom still smoke and oh I can go on. Honestly, you're statement is about equivalent to my saying, "People who become avid followers of Christianity aren't as likely to lead the same lives, or accomplish the same goals as people who don't believe. (look at the scientific community)" However, you and I both know that statement is BS. There are certainly examples that we can pick and choose to illustrate our points, but in a realistic perspective, it's utter nonsense.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

telling them not to go upstairs with their fraternity brothers to do some blow because they'll most likely end up in a ditch selling their ass for money to buy more drugs in the end. 

I'd bet most fraternity gentlemen have enough money to get their blow sans prostitution. 

Things have changed. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

telling them not to go upstairs with their fraternity brothers to do some blow because they'll most likely end up in a ditch selling their ass for money to buy more drugs in the end. 

I'd bet most fraternity gentlemen have enough money to get their blow sans prostitution. 

Things have changed. 

At first. But when you bomb out of college because you are stuffing your tuition and book money up your nose and daddy cuts you off, it's a little harder to come up with $500 a day.

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 3:21pm
They'd probably sell drugs before they tried selling themselves, but we're getting off topic now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 3:54pm
No, thats what b and e's and robbing are for. Ask koolitWink

I'd like to see what studies have been done about the potency issue, way too many variables.

I do see how its possible, but I havent seen it shown. Just claimed.  I also remeber chong saying  that it was bogus.  I sorta believe him over anyone else, considering he probably seen quite a bit of it throughout his life.

Has cross straining made alot more strains more potent? Maybe? But is the top of the top today, better than the top of the top 40 years ago? thats too tight to say.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic