FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Californians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:12pm
Maybe because people actually die from cocaine.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:14pm
That was just a stupid question.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Maybe because people actually die from cocaine.

People don't die from cancer?

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

And, as far as I know, smoking one pack of cigarettes is perfectly legal.

Cool... and where did I ever say cigs should be legal? I don't recall saying one way or the other on a substance that cost people billions a year in preventable healthcare, takes thousands of lives, is a costly bad habit, and oh, makes me nauseous to be around.

But hey, just because one thing that's bad for you is legal, why not another?

Choop-

So why should Marijuana be legal, but not, say, Cocaine?

As already stated, far more dangerous. And it's the price you pay to live in a free society, you don't have to agree with smoking, but it doesn't mean you get to tell them not to. Land of the free indeed.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:18pm
People get cancer from weed?
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

As already stated, far more dangerous. And it's the price you pay to live in a free society, you don't have to agree with smoking, but it doesn't mean you get to tell them not to. Land of the free indeed.

Your right to swing your fist ends at my nose.

Smoke as much as you want, but get some personal restorability and don't expect healthcare.

Ok, you don't agree with cocaine... what about heroin or any other opiods? Perfectly safe so long as you don't stop breathing, and some places (I'm looking at you Canada) give heroin addicts a drug called Narcan to counteract the respiratory depression. Therefor a relatively safe drug. Should heroin be legalized too?

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

People get cancer from weed?

Did you ignore the first page?

Edited by Linus - 23 October 2010 at 5:22pm

little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:49pm

Smoke as much as you want,  don't expect healthcare.

I`m fine with that, but give me back my money that`s going towards healthcare. Then maybe I could get a pack for 3.50 rather than 10+ 

Edited by little devil - 23 October 2010 at 5:50pm
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by little devil little devil wrote:

[QUOTE=choopie911]
Smoke as much as you want,  don't expect healthcare.

I`m fine with that, but give me back my money that`s going towards healthcare. Then maybe I could get a pack for 3.50 rather than 10+ 

What about those around you that are harmed by your smoking? Why shouldnt that healthcare money go to them? You're harming them, they aren't harming themselves.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:54pm
You don`t like my smoking, stop breathing

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:56pm

You don't like paying $10 a pack to cover someone elses health expenses, quit smoking.

Edited by Linus - 23 October 2010 at 5:56pm

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 5:57pm

I picture Linus as one of those pricks who walk around telling smokers on the street that it's bad for their health. 

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

I picture Linus as one of those pricks who walk around telling smokers on the street that it's bad for their health. 

Cool, and I just picture you as a prick who can't keep a debate from getting personal. We're like brothers!

Naw. I tell my patients that when they complain that I wont let them smoke in the ambulance... aside from it being illegal... but that's about the extent of it.

I can separate opinionated debate from jerkiness.

Edited by Linus - 23 October 2010 at 6:06pm

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 6:08pm

what about heroin or any other opiods?

How many people have overdosed on heroin, and other opiates, compared to the amount who have overdosed on marijuana? 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 6:11pm

You don't like paying $10 a pack to cover someone elses health expenses, quit smoking.

I have no prob paying 10 a pack when I`m getting health care....

If I was not able to get  health care cause I smoke than don`t charge me for it.

-edit- how often are non smokers subjected to having to breathe in second hand smoke.  Really.

Edited by little devil - 23 October 2010 at 6:14pm
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 6:13pm

what about heroin or any other opiods?

How many people have overdosed on heroin, and other opiates, compared to the amount who have overdosed on marijuana? 

Again, heroin ODs can be reversed with a drug that people can snort through their nose. Not that dangerous all things considered.

But, by your logic, I've never run on a nicotine OD. Does that make cigarettes any safer?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 6:16pm
So Linus, alcohol should be illegal?
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 6:16pm

Again, heroin ODs can be reversed with a drug that people can snort through their nose.

Answer the question please: How does the number of heroin overdoses over time compare to overdose numbers of marijuana? 

Quote But, by your logic, I've never run on a nicotine OD. Does that make cigarettes any safer?

Yes. Safer than heroin. On par with marijuana. Which is important when comparing the legality of one substance to another, especially the potential changes in legality. 

That's how laws work. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 23 October 2010 at 6:17pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 6:27pm

Again, heroin ODs can be reversed with a drug that people can snort through their nose.
Answer the question please: How does the number of heroin overdoses over time compare to overdose numbers of marijuana? 

I DID answer, just in a roundabout way that helped more than hurt my argument.   

When compared to the alternative, heroin is relatively harmless so long as the person taking it has access to Nalaxone.

I, personally, would rather be really tired from an opiod overdose than have cancer.

Alcohol has much more legit medical benefits proven by sciene than MJ or THC currently do.

Yes. Safer than heroin. On par with marijuana. Which is important when comparing the legality of one substance to another, especially the potential changes in legality. 

So instead of banning an unsafe substance, you make another unsafe substance easier to access?

How many people have died from hand grenades as opposed to handguns? Shouldn't we make handgrenades legal for home defense, than?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 6:36pm
Uh, did you seriously just claim alcohol to be less damaging/ more beneficial than cannabis? Are you out of your mind?
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 6:38pm

Alcohol has much more legit medical benefits proven by sciene than MJ or THC currently do.

This is a joke right? You can't die from smoking weed, unless you do stupid things while high. But that's like drinking, if you chose to get that intoxicated that you can no longer control your actions, then you are still liable because you chose to get that intoxicated in the first place. But aside from doing dumb stuff while drinking, you can easily drink yourself to death.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic