Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Phenom chops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XDontbecoldX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XDontbecoldX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Phenom chops
    Posted: 17 October 2010 at 9:58pm
I just bought a Phenom used it for the first time today and i had a lot of barrel chops none in the chamber or cyclone its was only in the barrel i have the stock one still is that the problem?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2010 at 11:52pm
If you're getting breaks in the barrel the first culprit I would suspect would be the paint.  While stock Tippmann barrels aren't the most accurate, I can think of no potential issues I have had with them that would cause barrel breaks.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 5:17am
What is the marker's velocity setting?  If you have it shooting hot, it can potentially increase breakage down the barrel.

Edited by StormyKnight - 18 October 2010 at 5:18am
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 10:10am
^^^ Good point.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 8:51pm
 Paint, always look at that first. Drop a ball into the end of the barrel, it's an easy way to check the fit. It shouldn't roll through, but you should be able to blow it down the barrel relatively easy. If it gets jammed in there, well...There's your problem.
Sig226 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sig226 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 12:59am
I have 2 Phenoms, both 2 months old.  One has been very reliable and the other was getting 1-2 breaks per hopper (using same paint in each).  Both were set to 276fps.  I tried Marbalizers, Evil, Ramp, Draxxus Basic, Maxim, Midnight, Podium.  Spoke to Tippmann support because I heard there were a batch of bolts with rough edges.  I was told that my serial number didn't contain the bad bolts so I went weeks with the chopping.   Last week I bought the TechT MRT Bolt for the faulty marker and I haven't had a break since.  It also gained at least 20fps with the new bolt, so I cranked down the pressure and now I'm saving air too.

As a test, I put the bolt from the faulty marker into the good marker and it did start chopping paint, although not as bad as the original marker.

This week I'm going to try it with the Flatline Barrel.  I wasn't able to get more then 5 or 10 shots off without it chopping with the stock bolt.  Hopefully this will solve this problem too.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 6:58pm
 I did notice some rough machining on the bolt face on my Phenom. I tossed a wire brush in a drill, removed the bolt o-ring, and smoothed down the bolt face. Worked great after that and only took about 5 minutes.

Go for a home fix if you can, easy enough to do it. I imagine some work with some sandpaper would do the job just as well.
CooterShooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CooterShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2010 at 11:48pm

Sig -

How did the Flatline work out for you?  I got the addaptor a few months back and still had mad breaks at the breach.  I bought the TechT bolt and got through just about a hopper before the breaks started up again.  I thought I'd take one more shot at finding out if there are any other tips before sadly hanging up my Flatline on the Phenom.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic