Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

J&J Barrel. 12in VS 14in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yuriart10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuriart10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J&J Barrel. 12in VS 14in
    Posted: 11 October 2010 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Qed Qed wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDVxXATUjQ

Just one of the user videos I found on youtube.  There are a lot of vids out there concerning that.  I am going from a 12" stock 98 cust plat pro barrel to a smart parts 14" linear myself.  have had no time to test.

Thank you for the video.
Mr.Sam98C View Drop Down
Wish Granted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Sam98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 5:15pm
Thanks guys. I had a pretty good feeling that the differences in range and accuracy wouldn't be a whole lot but needed to make sure. Big smile  Pro, I think I will take my chances, everyone I've talked to that has one likes them, and I have read good reviews from a lot of different places.  Thanks a lot for the info y'all. I am really looking forward to getting one now!
In the broad spectrum of bad ideas I think this would have to rate somewhere between running with scissors and sticking your pecker in the toaster.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 10:32am
Pro might have been the one you had.  As said above it will come to personal preference but I have had excellent experiences with my J&J barrels.  Dont get me wrong... love my lapco too.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 2:32am
the difference between a 12 and 14 inch barrel will all be personal preference.  I will not use any barrel shorter than 14".  it's what I like and am used to on my gun... but then again some people only like the shorter barrels.

If I can be brutally honest with you, I would stay away from J&J.  I don't know if it was just the one I had, but in my opinion it didn't give me much more performance than the stock barrels i've had.  CP or lapco barrels have been great to me... and the CPs might be on the same price point as the J&J.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 10:05pm
No real difference in range or accuracy.
Qed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:36pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDVxXATUjQ

Just one of the user videos I found on youtube.  There are a lot of vids out there concerning that.  I am going from a 12" stock 98 cust plat pro barrel to a smart parts 14" linear myself.  have had no time to test.
Mr.Sam98C View Drop Down
Wish Granted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Sam98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 6:29pm
So I am preparing to buy a J&J barrel for my 98C and I know that once you get to 14 inches length doesn't really give you much better accuracy. My question is: How much difference is there in range and accuracy between 12 and 14 inch barrels?
In the broad spectrum of bad ideas I think this would have to rate somewhere between running with scissors and sticking your pecker in the toaster.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic