Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann A-5 Upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Enosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann A-5 Upgrades
    Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:32pm
Hi All

I am very new to the paintball sence and was given a A-5 i would like to know what would be the best upgrade to do on it to make it faster and well be easy on the gas. i have seen there are feeder kits hammer kits grips and well everything under the sun.

I was looking to start with a straight line barrel but after reading a few post its seems a J&J C barrle is a better bet.

Please some help before i go spend alot of cash.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 2:20pm

Read through the stickies for info on upgrades. Lots of good info there. As for a higher rate of fire, you have two options, Response Trigger or E-grip. As far as "easy on the gas", there really isn't a lot you can do to get the A-5 to be super efficient. They did may a Low Pressure Kit that allowed the marker to operate with lower pressure, thus less propellant usage, but they have been discontinued.

J&J makes a good barrel. Benefit of the ceramic coated barrel is that you can usually shoot through breaks and stay in the game.

You don't need to spend a lot of money on a marker to make it work well. Money is best spent on playing time. I will say though, that you should invest in a good quality mask. Look into a Proto, Vents, VForce or Dye mask with a thermal lense. A good non-fogging mask will be, IMO, one of the best investments you can make.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Enosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 2:42pm
thank but i have read a lot of the post and even treid the search  option but did not come one much many of the posts that look like the y will help ends up to be just the post with no replay on then. there was one post or stickey that you refured to on a post but it ends just before there is any info given.

I have Vforce mask came with the marker so i am sorted there.

Is it worth upgrading the feeder so it can do 30bps?
is it worth upgrading the hammer to the light one?
Is the Response Trigger a good options if you dont want to spend the money on a e-grip which looks like it give alot of hassel? or would a good dubble triger work just aswell?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 2:58pm
http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=163015

^^^ will answer some questions.

[quote=Enosh]
Is it worth upgrading the feeder so it can do 30bps? RT is capable of 15bps+. Stock E-Grip is only capable of 15-16bps. It can be upgraded to 20+bps. Highest BPS with a mechanical trigger on an A-5 is MAYBE 5-6 BPS on a good day. Essentially, unless you significantly upgrade the trigger system past the RT or stock E-grip,  there is no need to upgrade to a 30bps feed system.
is it worth upgrading the hammer to the light one? Depends on if you feel it's worth it. Supposedly makes for less kick and slightly quieter. Personally, I don't find the kicik or the noise of an A5 to be that big of a deal.
Is the Response Trigger a good options if you dont want to spend the money on a e-grip which looks like it give alot of hassel? Both are good options. I have had both, and prefer the E-grip. Others don't. or would a good dubble triger work just aswell? While I like double triggers, don't fool yourself into thinking a double thrigger will get you much higher BPS. It does help with finger fatigue and may increase ROF by 1 or 2 BPS, but a stock A-4 is not by any means walkable. (Walkable is a term referred to being able to quickly walk or fan the trigger on a marker resulting in high ROF. This is possible on a lot of electronic markers that are not sear trippers, but not on Tippmanns, at least none that I have used) [/quote]
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Enosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 3:33am

Thank you for the info, i went to the link you gave and well i was there before i joined the forum and for some reson only was able to read the first few lines.

Just one more q. I see the RT's are not leage and well is the e-grip? if not will a dubble trigger be the best bet for speed ball and or out door?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Enosh Enosh wrote:

Just one more q. I see the RT's are not leage and well is the e-grip? if not will a dubble trigger be the best bet for speed ball and or out door?
I am not sure what you are asking. If you are asking if the RT is legal for use in league play, it will depend on your league. If you are asking if the RT is legal for use period, it will all depend on the field you use. You will want to call them and find out. Personally, I have yet to run across a field that did not allow use of either an RT or E-grip. A couple of fields have asked that you cap your E-grip at 13bps or turn your RT down, but none has outright banned it. Your local fields may be different. Again, a double trigger without either an RT or E-grip may help lessen finger fatigue and allow a slightly higher ROF, but it will not allow the marker to be walkable. It really is a matter of preference. On a bright note, it is a cheap mod, so even if you don't like it, it's only $10-20, so not a major expense.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic